You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you are doing magnet science with your 5 year old and he discovers that it only works on metal... but not aluminum. And you just grin because Cosmere reference. And Brandon is awesome for using real life principles in his magic systems.

Also, during said magnet science, your grandpa teaches you about stainless steel and how you can tell if it is good quality by if it is magnetic or not. Poor quality = still magnetic. Good quality = not magnetic. And then you wonder if stainless steel will make an appearance in a later MB era.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:35 AM, EdgeDancerSquirrelGirl said:

When your swears consist of "By the Lord Ruler", " Merciful Domi", and "Storm it!!"

You aren't a Sanderfan if you don't. 

When you start to try to connect everything you have ever read/watched/played into one giant universe, but the cosmere has to be a separate area. (all the alternate earths really get confusing)

When you, being bored, read the label of your vitamins and discover that you have been taking small amounts of iron, zinc, copper, and chromium. Allomancy, here I come!

Edit: when you recognize all sixteen of the Allomantic and Feruchemic metals on sight and immediately think of their properties.

Edited by Reckless Reader

When I start owning 3-4 copies of every book. I mean my wife goes why do you need the audio book, paperback, Signed/Personalized Hardcover, and Leather Bound versions of everything?

I mean at least I have some restraint, I haven't started getting the kindle versions yet.

Edited by Undead Wookiee

when you bake for your best friend and decorate it with allomantic symbols and she immediatly gets the reference :D.

When the same persons runs late and her explanation is that Hoid held her up and that is totally exceptable as an excuse. :D

Edited by Rhapsody

When you have a conversation with your mom, and she’s talking about real stuff, but everything you say has a book reference. We were talking about how three is a magic number (Ready Player One), and then I told her that 9 is an unlucky/bad number and we debated about that fact for awhile.

I just have to quote my husband. We were drinking coffee with my mum and me and my brother were talking about the SA. After a while he rolled his eyes and said:

"I hope that one day she will love me as much as him."

(him being Sanderson, and he was joking, but still my first thought was to post it :D
and he knows, of course and is fine with that)

Edited by Sorana

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you’re tutoring a younger kid, and they ask: 

“Wait. In this fraction, there’s a zero on the... what do you call the bottom part again?” 

“The denominator?” 

“Right. Um... how do I divide that?” 

“You don’t. It’s inappropriate. Okay?” 

“Wait, really?” 

“No, it’s undefined...”

3 hours ago, Ashspren said:

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you’re tutoring a younger kid, and they ask: 

“Wait. In this fraction, there’s a zero on the... what do you call the bottom part again?” 

“The denominator?” 

“Right. Um... how do I divide that?” 

“You don’t. It’s inappropriate. Okay?” 

“Wait, really?” 

“No, it’s undefined...”

This post seems a bit cryptic to me. 

When you hear judge/king and instantly think Nale; a heartbeat later, you say "mister" to a dog and think of when Bit changed his name to that, and immediately after that, you are reminded by Alcatraz by yawning. All in less than a minute.

That's when you know you're a Sanderfan, I suppose.

When a YouTuber you like mentions a Sanderson book. This one known as Goodnight Moon mentioned Mistborn in one of her new videos (rambling ASMR) and one where she went to the library she focused on the Mistborn books for a little bit.