You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you read that they haven't figured out a bullet for bloodmakers, and spend hours thinking up one. 

Spoiler

Idea: Bullet expands hooks into flesh, getting stuck in there. It would either drain the bloodmakers reserves, or totally drain there reserves and injure or kill them. Would not work with a double gold, but those are incredibly rare.

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

When you read that they haven't figured out a bullet for bloodmakers, and spend hours thinking up one. 

Hide contents

Idea: Bullet expands hooks into flesh, getting stuck in there. It would either drain the bloodmakers reserves, or totally drain there reserves and injure or kill them. Would not work with a double gold, but those are incredibly rare.

Metal casing with glass shards contained in a thin metal casing. Designed to spread glass shrapnel throughout flesh upon impact. The chances of them having enough reserves to survive that are very low. Also, why don't they just cut of their head with a Katana? That would be very very fast.

50 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

That creates a whole new set of problems. If they have enough healing and it stored in both the body and the head, could they regrow as two different people? Would the body become full? The head?

Probably which ever had the reserves. If both do, than probably the one with the most.

Edited by Tesh

3 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Probably which ever had the reserves. If both do, than probably the one with the most.

Wayne once said that a Bloodmaker could survive pretty much anything if they knew it was coming. For example, a fall that Wayne could never survive unassisted could be survived if he started tapping before hand.

55 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

It would be better if they knew without having to be told, though.

They do by now. I made sure of that :)

When you reread the mistborn books to figure out what exactly they are eating, because you want to cook something fitting for the next pen and paper evening.

When you read Brandon Sanderson's books multiple times, trying to figure out species that are in the books and in the, ugh, weird other place. When you have spent 10 hours reading oathbringer, went to sleep, woke up 6 hours later, and reached for oathbringer again.

Edited by Ark1002

31 minutes ago, Silva said:

When you see a family member finally reading a Sanderson book and ask them where they’re at every ten minutes.

Hey, that happens with me all the time!

You know you are a sanderfan when this thread summarizes your existence.

Edited by Ark1002

18 hours ago, Proud Darkeyes said:

When you're sister is reading a book called The Blackthorn and you get mad at her for choosing to read that over the Stormlight Archive (she's refusing to read anything written by Brandon)

Literally what's happening to me. She started the Way of Kings, and now is refusing to read even non-Cosmere stuff.

3 hours ago, Silva said:

When you see a family member finally reading a Sanderson book and ask them where they’re at every ten minutes.

You know, that's probably why my sister stopped...

Also, sorry to bring this up again, but we need more people for the Cosmere Characters Roast Battles Tournament! If you think you have some good roasts in mind, please please please check it out!

You know you're a Sanderfan when you are currently on the phone, talking to a friend about the Cosmere, and at the same time texting a different friend about Cosmere stuff, and emailing someone to start the Cosmere. (No joke. This is actually happening, like right now.)

Edited by Ashspren

20 hours ago, Sorana said:

They do by now. I made sure of that :)

When you reread the mistborn books to figure out what exactly they are eating, because you want to cook something fitting for the next pen and paper evening.

If you do find something suitable, let me know. I'm a major league foodie, and food from fantasy books is always cool to try out

1 hour ago, LevenThumps said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you try to start reading Malazan Book of the Fallen because people say you need to try another author, and the words "Trell" and "Ascended" make you think it's part of the Cosmere.  

I didn't even notice this one when i was reading Malazan. Now i'm gonna notice it in my rereads damnation it

2 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

If you do find something suitable, let me know. I'm a major league foodie, and food from fantasy books is always cool to try out

I will! It always makes a roleplaying evening more real if the food fits, at least in a general direction.

When you dream of living in the cosmere, with all it's problems and (partially) missing Comfort compared to today.

3 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

and now I'm wondering what Rosharian food tastes like.

I mean the various shelled animals people eat would probably taste like lobster or shrimp right?  But I have no idea what the vegetables would taste like, does lavis "grain" actually taste like grain?

46 minutes ago, CrazyRioter said:

and now I'm wondering what Rosharian food tastes like.

I mean the various shelled animals people eat would probably taste like lobster or shrimp right?  But I have no idea what the vegetables would taste like, does lavis "grain" actually taste like grain?

That's the question. I imagined it to taste a bit more earthy than our grain. I can't even tell you why. The shelled animals I also associated with seafood, maybe cooked in an italien way.