You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

58 minutes ago, Calderis said:

If you're going to just build a deck and play for fun do it. 

If you're going to try and keep your deck updated and play with with people who have multiple decks and play consistently don't. It's an expensive game to try and keep up to date with. I have friends who have dropped thousands of dollars into magic over the years. 

That's a really good advice. You can burn a lot of money if you want to have the newest cards.

You can find other players at specialized game stores, but some of them will have very expensive decks that will be hard to defeat . But some won't so that could be worth a try.

When you preorder every new book as soon as possible, even when it's still more than a year away...

2 hours ago, Calderis said:

If you're going to just build a deck and play for fun do it. 

If you're going to try and keep your deck updated and play with with people who have multiple decks and play consistently don't. It's an expensive game to try and keep up to date with. I have friends who have dropped thousands of dollars into magic over the years. 

I don't even have hundreds of dollars. It might not be the best thing to try until i find some other people, preferably at my school, who play. Until then, I'll stick with collecting books, hotel pens, bouncy balls, rubber ducks, and rocks. 

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'm going to stick with being a professional mancala player. (I play against myself. I also play the version that no one knows about. The actually fun version, though i know the most common one too. I like being alone).

When you have 39 Cosmere related things hung up on your wall around your room, all but one traced by hand. (This is a common symptom of having way too much spare time, or of procrastination, or both. Or possibly not having enough books to read).

5 hours ago, Tesh said:

It might not be the best thing to try until i find some other people, preferably at my school, who play.

You'll find them eventually. They like to hide where the corners are darkest, waiting for a victim to accidentally agree to play Commander with them...

When you also like to be abysmally alone, spending time with only Sanderson characters and 17th Sharders. 

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

When you check the progress bars every day, sometimes even more often (and you know they don't move faster with you looking at them...)

and you still hope to see them improve a couple percent while your looking at them, even though the chances of that are so slim.

@Teshyou could play with us ;) though you'd have to come to Germany for that

Edited by Rhapsody
added paragraph

2 hours ago, Stormblessed Dolphin said:

When you're on a roller coaster and think "this is what it's like to be a Windrunner"

All. The. Time.

2 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

@Teshyou could play with us ;) though you'd have to come to Germany for that

If live to go to Germany, honestly. I'm part German, and I'd love to learn to speak German, which is a little weird here. I took a few short little lessons, and i can now read a little bit, (hardly any) and can speak even less. 

When your tuning your banjo and wish you had perfect pitch. Same goes with timpani. And trumpet. No joke. I'm learning banjo, and an relearning trumpet, and i do percussion in my school's band.

When you need to stop writing such long replies to everything people say!

28 minutes ago, Tesh said:

If live to go to Germany, honestly. I'm part German, and I'd love to learn to speak German, which is a little weird here. I took a few short little lessons, and i can now read a little bit, (hardly any) and can speak even less

if you ever come to Germany come visit us. We can play MTG and talk about Sanderson books :) you can help me convince my fiance to read SA ;) and it is no problem if your german isn't good as we can all speak english reasonably well.

15 hours ago, Tesh said:

Also: I just found some Magic: the Gathering cards in my local Walmart and was wondering if it's worth starting to play, and if so, where to start. (The only one i know of who plays, though, I'd my cousin, and i only see her every other m

Ive seen them around, but I do pokemon cards instead. Still a kinda big investment. I had like 5 friends but they all moved and/or stopped playing. Now I just have a bunch that I every once in a while look through, sort and/or battle my siblings.

1 hour ago, Inklingspren said:

Ive seen them around, but I do pokemon cards instead. Still a kinda big investment. I had like 5 friends but they all moved and/or stopped playing. Now I just have a bunch that I every once in a while look through, sort and/or battle my siblings.

Eh. I used to play Pokémon, but the cards cost more for a smaller quantity, and I like MTG’s more strategic approach to things. I still play the video games though, and will forever be a fan. Cyndaquil forever! 

When you think about what kinds of Pokémon use different types of Investiture, and what Legendaries or Mythics would be Shards.

38 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

Eh. I used to play Pokémon, but the cards cost more for a smaller quantity, and I like MTG’s more strategic approach to things. I still play the video games though, and will forever be a fan. Cyndaquil forever! 

When you think about what kinds of Pokémon use different types of Investiture, and what Legendaries or Mythics would be Shards.

Arceus as Adonalsium anybody?

when you instead of naming your dnd character after a character from the stormlight archive, you look at glyphs and suffixes, and create alethi lighteyed names for your dnd characters.

when you get new dice for dnd that happen to be metal, and you immediately think "I set these dice in metal, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

My Dad and I had an agrument if Zeus or Stormfather was angry. (There was a thunderstorm with lots of lightning)

Also, my sister tries to steal my mints, and told her: “Do you want a Shardblade to the face?” She responded, “What’s a Shardblade?” “You don’t want to know.” 

Edited by BringerofShadows
Added something.

15 hours ago, ethan sedai said:

when you instead of naming your dnd character after a character from the stormlight archive, you look at glyphs and suffixes, and create alethi lighteyed names for your dnd characters.

when you get new dice for dnd that happen to be metal, and you immediately think "I set these dice in metal, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

Metal dice can always be trusted. they're never loaded, trust me.;)

When your Father asked for your favorite book for his Birthday and you buy one of Brandon's and give it to him with the words "Theres more and most of them are connected." And then you spend the rest of the evening telling him about the cosmere.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

When your Father asked for your favorite book for his Birthday and you buy one of Brandon's and give it to him with the words "Theres more and most of them are connected." And then you spend the rest of the evening telling him about the cosmere.

That's awesome! I wish I could do that. Both my parents have told me that they don't understand fantasy and don't care to read it at all.