You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

17 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Maybe it was a deadline for when RP3 was supposed to start, or the anniversary of when it started? Let me go check.

The first comment on the original RP was July 26, 2017, so it might very well have started on July 20th. So the reminder might be for the one year anniversary. Congrats! That's a big milestone for a roleplay!

It was marked on the 26. Oops.

I'm really confused.

I have June 20 marked as the start of tKotC. 

Oooh...

June 20 was the day we started the first pm, and July 26 was the day the role play started.

When you have two dates relating to your role play marked on your calendar, along with Koloss Head-munching Day.

Edited by Tesh

53 minutes ago, Silva said:

When you’re unsure whether to keep reading TWOK or check on here every 5 minutes.

If you've read it before, here.

If it's your first time, still check, but also read. Um. Invent a time machine so you can do both, that's MY suggestion. "THIS WILL TOTALLY WORK" - Swordtail

Edit: When you half expect to attract a spren every time you eat a Jolly Rancher Sour Surge.

When you find yourself thinking in Shardcast voices because you've been listening to it so much. The words "I like this game" popped into my head in Ian/ @WeiryWriter's voice even though I hadn't heard him say anything like that...ever. It was my thought, but in his voice. I need help.

Edited by AonEne

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

If you've read it before, here.

If it's your first time, still check, but also read. Um. Invent a time machine so you can do both, that's MY suggestion. "THIS WILL TOTALLY WORK" - Swordtail

Every 2 sections I check. If only I hadn’t discovered 17th Shard until after I’d finished...

14 minutes ago, Silva said:

Only Mistborn eras 1 and 2 and half of TWOK at this point. I haven’t gotten to anything else yet.

I'd honestly recommend reading the rest of the Cosmere books before going past WoK. You definitely need to read Warbreaker, at least, before continuing past WoK.

Just now, Quickbronze said:

I didn't read Warbreaker, and actually still haven't 

but I did look up the plot on the coppermind...

I...you...

No. This is not okay.

Go read it right now so that you can experience the glories of Lightsong and Nightblood.

Have you read WOR and OB?

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'd honestly recommend reading the rest of the Cosmere books before going past WoK. You definitely need to read Warbreaker, at least, before continuing past WoK.

I actually disagree to an extent. While the different reading order changes how you experience the books, I don't think different orders are necessarily better or worse. The discoveries and connections are just made at different times. That being said, within series, books should obviously be read in order...No skipping books in the same series!  Again, though, that's obvious.

2 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

I actually disagree to an extent. While the different reading order changes how you experience the books, I don't think different orders are necessarily better or worse. The discoveries and connections are just made at different times. That being said, within series, books should obviously be read in order...No skipping books in the same series!  Again, though, that's obvious.

Yeah, I was thinking about going back and adding a comment like that in my original post.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what order you read the books in-all those connections about the Cosmere are made eventually. I usually recommend reading SA after everything else though because there are so many connections to other books in the series. It just makes it easier to understand if you can recognize those things you've already read. 

15 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, I was thinking about going back and adding a comment like that in my original post.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what order you read the books in-all those connections about the Cosmere are made eventually. I usually recommend reading SA after everything else though because there are so many connections to other books in the series. It just makes it easier to understand if you can recognize those things you've already read. 

That makes sense, and I can respect that.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you stalk the thread you just made.

Well, actually, everyone does that. But Sanderfans do it AWESOMELY.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I am not Lift, though I wish I was.

When you go to murmur the name of a character sadly, but instead of "Yang", the word that comes out of your mouth is "Ene".

...Just remember, there's no such thing as 'too much time on the Shard'. :P