You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

and what about her soul? How much of that is left? Would an double unspiked inquisitor be like a lifeless? could you burn a spike? What about compound a compounded spike? UNLIMITED POWER.

OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry I couldn't resist)

Well, it kills you, so no one knows (although it'd be interesting to see what would happen if you spiked a Nalthian's soul away). I have no idea for the second, but unspiked Inquisitors, barring the spikes that keep them alive, would be much like a normal person who removed their Hemalurgic spike I suppose.

And yes, you can apparently. There's a WoB floating around. But it'd do strange things, I think.

It's probably comparable to removing organs from somebody. Sure, you can do it and leave them alive, but the quality of life is going to take a nosedive quickly. Imagine that as a form of torture - ripping someone's soul off bit by bit, stripping them of their power, their strength, their ability to sleep, etc, then reattaching it, degraded slightly. You could then take pieces of their soul from them whenever they were uncooperative.

And yes, I'm already on the List.

It's probably comparable to removing organs from somebody. Sure, you can do it and leave them alive, but the quality of life is going to take a nosedive quickly. Imagine that as a form of torture - ripping someone's soul off bit by bit, stripping them of their power, their strength, their ability to sleep, etc, then reattaching it, degraded slightly. You could then take pieces of their soul from them whenever they were uncooperative.

And yes, I'm already on the List.

Merciful Domi. And just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore.  :o

could you burn a spike?

Here's a WoB.

MARU NUI ()

What happens when you burn a Hemalurgic spike?

BRANDON SANDERSON ()

Burning a Hemalurgic spike would have the effect of splicing your spiritual DNA to that of the person's that is in the spike, which would have some very strange consequences.

Merciful Domi. And just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore.  :o

Never doubt Swimmingly. Whenever we think we've seen the best (or worst) of him, he comes up with better (or worse).

His mind is unfathomable, beyond our understanding. We can only try to grasp the merest hints that bubble up to its murky surface. But even that is an enigma. All who have swum deeper into his mind have... come back irregular, if at all.

Beware.

Huh. That's a good question. I wonder if you'd just get the effect of whichever has the larger charge– if there's a larger Feruchemical store in terms of total Investiture, then you get its normal Compounded effect, while a large Hemalurgic charge would have the normal splicing effect.

You buy a Stormlight 3 ARC before Sanderson retweet that they're available.

You storming rich... rich... lighteyes

Next we'll have someone tell us 'I was the one who stumped up 6000 USD to be a part of Bridge Four'!