Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,280 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

Shirts. Alethi glyphs tend to show some of the phonemes they are made up of. Shirt sizes, I am convinced, are chosen by drunk designers throwing darts after a night in town. 

No a drunk monkey. Lightsong agrees

You say "I have the power of Ruin and Odium on my side"

Glad to see I'm not the only one who now uses crem as a substitute for a lot of words!

When given the letters L-E-M-O-N-Y (in Wordscapes) the only words you can think of are Yolen and Yomen. (even after reading ASOUE)

Asoue?

34 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

Asoue?

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket, I think.

YKYASW someone says "I think" in the middle of a sentence and you immediately think of Sazed.

YKYASW when you think every person in the metro reading something Sanderson related is your soulmate. As Ed Sheeran would say  "The club isn't the best place to find a lover"  so the metro is where I'll go. A couple of months ago I was on my way to work and the guy next to me was reading WoR, while I was (finally!) reading Elantris on my Kindle (damnation it!). I was so surprised that I stared and squeaked and smiled like a lunatic and before I knew it I both missed my stop and he got off before I could say anything, so now I am always carrying a physical Sanderson book with me, hoping I will stumble upon my soulmate again :ph34r:

On 7/29/2019 at 7:27 PM, RayOfSunshine said:

YKYASW you throw a coin at the substitute teacher, then tell the principal "we Mistborn need not make sense"

And yes, this happened.

Ark, I'm not even sure why I'm surprised anymore.

1 hour ago, mariapapadia said:

YKYASW when you think every person in the metro reading something Sanderson related is your soulmate. As Ed Sheeran would say  "The club isn't the best place to find a lover"  so the metro is where I'll go. A couple of months ago I was on my way to work and the guy next to me was reading WoR, while I was (finally!) reading Elantris on my Kindle (damnation it!). I was so surprised that I stared and squeaked and smiled like a lunatic and before I knew it I both missed my stop and he got off before I could say anything, so now I am always carrying a physical Sanderson book with me, hoping I will stumble upon my soulmate again :ph34r:

You know, that does seem like a good way to find someone...

*starts carrying around hardcover Oathbringer everywhere he goes* *wonders why he gets so many weird stares*

54 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

You know, that does seem like a good way to find someone...

*starts carrying around hardcover Oathbringer everywhere he goes* *wonders why he gets so many weird stares*

If that doesn't work I can always sign up on Tinder and add as my description and profile picture "What I like in bed is...." 

23658915_1946662012016728_1355219245656812574_n.jpg

What about reading on a balcony at all the dances/parties you go to, then going  to refill your drink?

Only problem is I don’t go to parties. Oops! ^_^

1 hour ago, mariapapadia said:

If that doesn't work I can always sign up on Tinder and add as my description and profile picture "What I like in bed is...." 

23658915_1946662012016728_1355219245656812574_n.jpg

HA

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, mariapapadia said:

You doing anything tomorrow night?(humor)

YKYASW you seriously begin wondering if you can invest money in the northern scadrial equivalent of the Bell System.

Edited by Karger

48 minutes ago, Karger said:

Bell System.

The Phone Company?

7 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

The Phone Company?

Hello, Jason of the Phone Company.

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Hello, Jason of the Phone Company.

*mindblades*

28 minutes ago, DoomStick said:

The Phone Company?

Yes

YKYASW your teacher gets mad at you for talking in class, you don't stop, and when she tries to send you out you stand and shout "I am the one thing you cannot kill. I am hope."

My school thinks I'm insane.

1 hour ago, RayOfSunshine said:

My school thinks I'm insane.

So do we

When you’re reading the Dauntless manifesto in the back of Divergent and find this line in it, “We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.” and it makes you think of the Windrunner ideal “I will protect those who cannot protect themselves”. Also, the first half kind of sounds like an Edgedancer ideal.

YKYASW you name a random fish Ishikk.

YKYASFW when you have had pancakes every day of the week and feel awesome

6 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

YKYASFW when you have had pancakes every day of the week and feel awesome

WAFFLLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!