You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 6/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ishar said:

I got a friend to make these01C5FCEC-2D24-4710-BE7E-74B104938B54.thumb.jpeg.c2724cbdcfe7c475261cd033d4986f65.jpeg

@Ishar is storming mean and wouldn’t give one to me. 

You know you’re a Sanderfan when a friend refuses to give you a laser cut of the Radiant symbols, so you yell at them via text and punch a pillow.

Any other Edgedancers out there?

3 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

You know you’re a Sanderfan when a friend refuses to give you a laser cut of the Radiant symbols, so you yell at them via text and punch a pillow.

Nah, but we share a Surge. I'm personally a Truthwatcher, so... Yay Progression? 

6 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

I gave one of them to a different friend, and lost the other one...

13 minutes ago, Ishar said:

I gave one of them to a different friend, and lost the other one...

I’m better than the different friend. You should have given it to me. :P

15 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

Nah, but we share a Surge. I'm personally a Truthwatcher, so... Yay Progression? 

Agreed. Yay Progression! We’re basically the doctors of the KR, so the rest of y’all better bow down.

Also, I just realized that my username does not reflect my Order. Oh well. Too lazy to change it. ;)

You know you’re a Sanderfan when...

You are playing the guitar, and someone asks: “who’s playing the guitar?”

You scream back: “It’s not a guitar, it’s a storming enthir! Airsick lowlander!”

Another friend, who you didn’t know has read the Way of Kings, asks: “Then why are you strumming it?”

You are stupified.

You look at a clock, but think “time fabrial” instead.

Text messaging is now considered communication via spanreed.

You start to write music based off of how awesome you think it would be as background music for the Cosmere books.

You really want to write a Cosmere fanfiction, but you realize that the information you want to write about has already been canonized and written by Sanderson.

Your autofill search options on Google are “Oathbringer,” “Kaladin Stormblessed,” and “Brandon Sanderson.”

When you stub your toe, and act like the world is ending. A friend walks in and says, “Oh, quit being so melodramatic.”

So you stand up, seize them by the arms, and scream in their face: “THINK ABOUT HOW INSENSITIVE YOU’RE BEING! IF I WAS AN ELANTRIAN, WOULD I BE MELODRAMATIC?!?!”

You have literally annotated Cosmere books by choice. (Don’t worry, they’re eBooks. I would never write in a physical copy of a book by choice. *shudders*)

You’ve spent more time on the 17th Shard than actually talking to people. Human interaction is overrated.

A friend has literally had to yell at you because you keep on trying to get them to read Sanderson books. They tell you to let it go, but that just makes you think of the song “Let it Go.” You realize that Elsa is the “one with the wind and sky.”

Elsa, are you a Windrunner? Disney, how could you have kept this from us?!?!

Come to think of it, all of the disney princesses with magical powers could be Surgebinders...

Elsa — Windrunner

Rapunzel — Edgedancer

Moana — I don’t know, but there’s gotta be something...

You start to relate other characters from different books and movies to the orders of the Knights Radiant. Hermione Granger is a total Elsecaller. Jason Grace is either a Windrunner or Skybreaker. Clary Fray is a Lightweaver. Etc, etc, etc...

You and your Sanderfriends (did I just coin a new term?) have hour long discussions about Sanderson themed Halloween costumes.

Edited by Ashspren

13 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you try to assign Orders to the main characters in your own writing.

I know the feeling. For some reason, all my characters are very broken and are massive candidates for Radiance. Yay for horribly broken characters!

Just now, Apollyon said:

I know the feeling. For some reason, all my characters are very broken and are massive candidates for Radiance. Yay for horribly broken characters!

Mine tend to not be as broken, except for a few...

I do have one character where I'm not sure whether she meets the requirement to become a Knight in the first place. Would want to see some Dustbringer oaths before I can definitely settle on that...

1 hour ago, Leyrann said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you try to assign Orders to the main characters in your own writing.

So relatable. I'm trying my hardest to write a book right now, and the only thing I can think of is "Hey, that character would be a dustbringer..."

Edited by Ashspren

When you get annoyed when your computer tells you that Cosmere isn't a word, and then doubly annoyed when the 17th Shard tells you Cosmere isn't a word.

My regular search bar doesn't even do that, and yet the 17th Shard search bar does.

Seriously, can somebody change that?

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 11.20.53 AM.png

Edited by Ishar

When you're super excited that your new neighbor has read the Inheritance Cycle and Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and stuff -- not because you want to geek out about them (though you do) but because having read and enjoyed those books means she will probably read the Cosmere if recommended!! Ha haaa! Evil plan initiated!

11 hours ago, Ishar said:

When you get annoyed when your computer tells you that Cosmere isn't a word, and then doubly annoyed when the 17th Shard tells you Cosmere isn't a word.

My regular search bar doesn't even do that, and yet the 17th Shard search bar does.

I'm pretty sure the "17th Shard" spellchecker is really just your browser's spellchecker. Also if you right click on a word you can add it to the dictionary. At least in Chrome you can. I don't know about Firefox.

17 hours ago, Ishar said:

on a similar note, when you type in "Kaladin, Shallan" it turns into "Paladin, Shaman"

also for me, generally "cosmere" turns into "cosier" 

Edited by Sami