You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

2 hours ago, 1st of Lunch said:

Look at all those chickens!

When "Roshar" is ALWAYS the FIRST thing you think of when you see that vine.

EDIT: And the second.

And, well, I was supposed to be studying for Chemistry. It'll be fine.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you're much more willing to learn the laws of physics in the Cosmere than in, you know, the universe we actually live in.

Edited by Reckless Reader

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you're much more willing to learn the laws of physics in the Cosmere than in, you know, the universe we actually live in.

You know you're a Sanderfan when the only reason you bother to learn chemistry and the laws of physics is to better understand stuff in the Cosmere

6 hours ago, Archer said:

So I met someone named Storm today.

That is the best freaking how. How does someone have a name that awesome. Lucky.

I do hope you also asked her if she worked with a guy called Penguin? (Please don't let me be alone in this reference)

When someone says they are a lefty and you hear them say they are Alethi

when you try to speak in a Hezadarian accent for the day, and everyone at work is confused at the accent but you find it hilarious.

6 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

Exactly. I am a physics nut and keep trying to apply cosmere physics to real life and vice versa.

Sorry for the double post...

When your sister tricks you into doing something for a game we were playing, and she totally thought she got me, but then I told her that I hadn’t done it with real intent, so it didn’t count. She was like, “Oh,” and agreed with me.

When you read a newspaper article where an automobile industry executive talks about making cars "that have identity and build connection", and you get excited thinking that they're somehow making unsealed metalminds with air conditioning that can go 70 MPH.

(Yes, this happened to me for real, this morning on the train)

He also talked about the future progression self-driving cars (going from stage 1, just having warning indicators, to where we are now at stage 3, with the car being able to take over in emergency situations, all the way to stage 5, no driver input needed at all), and how designs that allowed for "autonomy" (the ability for the driver to do stuff if/when desired, and not just be human cargo) would be a key area for differentiation between manufacturers.

Hmm. Perhaps Adonalsium was originally from Detroit?

Edited by robardin

4 hours ago, robardin said:

When you read a newspaper article where an automobile industry executive talks about making cars "that have identity and build connection", and you get excited thinking that they're somehow making unsealed metalminds with air conditioning that can go 70 MPH.

(Yes, this happened to me for real, this morning on the train)

He also talked about the future progression self-driving cars (going from stage 1, just having warning indicators, to where we are now at stage 3, with the car being able to take over in emergency situations, all the way to stage 5, no driver input needed at all), and how designs that allowed for "autonomy" (the ability for the driver to do stuff if/when desired, and not just be human cargo) would be a key area for differentiation between manufacturers.

Hmm. Perhaps Adonalsium was originally from Detroit?

I espouse this theory

From a copyright discussion earlier, I am pretty sure the answer is no... I am sure my friend would be very happy though if he could get permission to sell this kind of thing. I will look into it.

Edited by Ishar

10 hours ago, Ishar said:

From a copyright discussion earlier, I am pretty sure the answer is no... I am sure my friend would be very happy though if he could get permission to sell this kind of thing. I will look into it.

Honestly, i think they would sell pretty quickly, if he got permission. Make some mistborn ones and aons and he could be set for life. 

28 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I was contemplating on wearing a single earring (sort of fashion thing here) cause i am to attend a graduation celebration of a friend of mine and i literally thought "what would Ruin say to me today". 

He would try to get you to kill your friend.

50 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I was contemplating on wearing a single earring (sort of fashion thing here) cause i am to attend a graduation celebration of a friend of mine and i literally thought "what would Ruin say to me today". 

21 minutes ago, AonEne said:

He would try to get you to kill your friend.

Yeah, unless you enjoy looking like a psychopath, I'd avoid earrings altogether (Wouldn't want Ruin in your head)

You know you're a sanderfan when your first thought upon seeing someone wearing a pair of tinted sunglasses is, 'I wonder what those lenses do?'. 

My second thought is usually, 'better check the Coppermind!'. 

My third is, 'hmmm interesting. But since they're not an oculator I should be safe... *looks up from phone* Hey! Where'd they go?'. 

Followed by, 'I should be a Smedry for Halloween. All I'd have to do is put on a pair of glasses and act recklessly all day'. 

This internal monologue may possibly probably unfortunately be based on a real experience. B)