You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When your preschooler tells you about their drawing finger that helps them practice writing letters in the air and you tell him about a book you just finished re-reading where they use magic by drawing special symbols in the air to make different things happen. Complete with showing Aon pictures. And then they try it and are sad when they can't get it to work. 

Also when your toddler hasn't been sleeping great at night and while trying to drift off, you vaguely wonder which cosmere magic system would help him sleep better. And then when you are more conscious you actively try to figure it out. Right now I am thinking an unsealed bronze metalmind. Then I can tap the wakefulness that they stored while sleeping. 

Also. You just finished a re-read of Elantris so you find yourself thinking Merciful Domi and Doloken sule on occasion. And you also wonder why if the Sharders think Adolin is too perfect and too much of a Mary Sue why they never thought that about Raoden. (Though I love both characters anyway just the way they are.)

Edited by Philomath

5 hours ago, MountainKing said:

I was sad that the show was over, but then I told myself that by him ending the show now it will never face a time where the plot becomes inconsistent and other negative things that happen to shows that run to long.

Yeah. I can agree with that wholeheartedly. Have you heard about the other series that are going to be released?

3 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

Yeah. I can agree with that wholeheartedly. Have you heard about the other series that are going to be released?

Yeah I have. At first I wasn't so sure about 3 below until I saw the suspected characters of two of the aliens and now I think it will be an enjoyable experience.

I'm most excited for wizards because I feel that Claire, Toby, and Argh will have prominent roles in that one.

3 hours ago, MountainKing said:

Yeah I have. At first I wasn't so sure about 3 below until I saw the suspected characters of two of the aliens and now I think it will be an enjoyable experience.

I'm most excited for wizards because I feel that Claire, Toby, and Argh will have prominent roles in that one.

Exactly! I'm hoping to get more Jim in Wizards, too.

When you recommend SA to a male friend and they say they'll check it out and you say, "oh, well you'll have to get the audiobook, though. There's a longer wait for that."

EDIT: Sorry for derailing your conversation. I posted without catching up on the thread.

Edited by Reckless Reader

28 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

When your library doesn’t have White Sand so you can’t read :ph34r:it. I still know the magic system though, minus slatrification. That one’s a little weird.

Have you read the prose version? It's pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

You know you're a sanderfan when you google glow-in-the-dark marbles to see if they're a thing. 

They are, but much to my disappointment they don't resemble spheres at all -_-

If anybody has the capabilities, please get glowing marbles and coat them in glass. Please.

8 hours ago, Ishar said:

If anybody has the capabilities, please get glowing marbles and coat them in glass. Please.

This is such a good idea! I just might be able to make them my project over the summer. I can use a plastic spherical mold and resin, instead of glass. Now I just need to hunt down glowing marbles... I'm actually excited for this hehe

Edit: maybe these for the sapphire and emerald spheres? It was harder than I expected to find good glowing crystal shaped things

Screenshot_20180615-003036.png

Screenshot_20180615-003053.png

Edited by Proud Darkeyes

@Steeldancer my boyfriend sells art on Redbubble, so when I have an idea for something and I can't find anywhere to buy it, he works some Photoshop magic and then gets it professionally printed through them. 

I might be able to convince him to make it public, if he does I'll post a link.

Edit: alternatively, I could try get the idea and/or the picture we used to Brandon and his team and see if they want to sell it on their merch page.

Edited by Caesura

On 6/14/2018 at 1:25 PM, Archer said:

You know you're a sanderfan when you google glow-in-the-dark marbles to see if they're a thing. 

They are, but much to my disappointment they don't resemble spheres at all -_-

On 6/14/2018 at 1:38 PM, Ishar said:

On 6/14/2018 at 8:09 PM, Proud Darkeyes said:

This is such a good idea! I just might be able to make them my project over the summer. I can use a plastic spherical mold and resin, instead of glass. Now I just need to hunt down glowing marbles... I'm actually excited for this hehe

Edit: maybe these for the sapphire and emerald spheres? It was harder than I expected to find good glowing crystal shaped things

If you do this, then sell them online for a good price, I might literally buy them.

When, in the typical finals mood, you find yourself wildly theorizing about Lashings... instead of studying. Or, you know, on the Shard instead of studying.

I was thinking about how partial Lashings work, and whether you could Lash half your weight to opposite walls -- which would have the same effect as a normal up-down half Lashing. Then, I wondered if you could form an almost a slingshot-like Lashing by Lashing yourself to two points on opposite sides -- but also ahead -- of yourself. And if you can do that, why can't you Lash yourself to two lines on opposite sides of yourself? It would be like the rails of a train, but with gravity. Then, you could Lash yourself forward in the direction of the lines to zip along them. And, is there a way to make fabrials that do that? You could set up a whole system of Lashing-based transit.

Anyway. Studying.

9 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

When, in the typical finals mood, you find yourself wildly theorizing about Lashings... instead of studying. Or, you know, on the Shard instead of studying.

I was thinking about how partial Lashings work, and whether you could Lash half your weight to opposite walls -- which would have the same effect as a normal up-down half Lashing. Then, I wondered if you could form an almost a slingshot-like Lashing by Lashing yourself to two points on opposite sides -- but also ahead -- of yourself. And if you can do that, why can't you Lash yourself to two lines on opposite sides of yourself? It would be like the rails of a train, but with gravity. Then, you could Lash yourself forward in the direction of the lines to zip along them. And, is there a way to make fabrials that do that? You could set up a whole system of Lashing-based transit.

Anyway. Studying.

Are you studying for a physics test, by any chance?

12 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

Anyway. Studying.

You can lash in a certain direction without limits though, so you don't need to do those complex maneuvers.