You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

You know you’re a Sanderfan when...

When you and your friends literally start using “two chickens with one stone,” to the confusion of other friends.

When you turn your phone to grayscale as you say “your breath to mine, your life become mine.”

When your friend is getting their ears pierced, and you smirk evilly— you know that Ruin will soon start to influence them.

When your friend volunteers to make you a copy of Trials of Monument. (@Ishar we are so lucky to have friends like that...)

When you have a friend who hates lipstick, so you know that whenever they’re carrying some, it’s a lipstick grenade.

When you’re camping with friends, and all that you can think about is that you’re setting sticks on fire.

When you don’t want to drive somewhere, so you draw a transportation Aon. That doesn’t work, so you try to Elsecall. It also doesn’t work...

When you try to Lightweave the perfect outfit because nothing else looks good.

When you try to make sandcastles come to life, because you’re clearly a Sandmaster.

When you purposefully misspell “Chris” as “Khriss.”

When you try to clean your room using Forgery to rewrite its past, saying that you cleaned it yesterday...

Edited by Ashspren

8 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

When you only really want an “Ask me about the cosmere” shirt for your birthday

I got one, but I really want there to something on the back that says "bet you regretted that huh?"

1 hour ago, Philomath said:

When you are playing Codenames with your family and can come up with perfect Cosmere clues but no one would understand what you are talking about. 

that is me 100%

codenames is awesome. i'm trying to make a cosmere edition so the only clues that are possible are cosmere ones.

1 hour ago, Gancho Libre said:

that is me 100%

codenames is awesome. i'm trying to make a cosmere edition so the only clues that are possible are cosmere ones.

I feel you. I feel you so much. I once gave the clue ‘Brass 2’ for heat and fire. The idiots touched sword...

My friends and I were playing Ghost. For those who don't know, it's a game similar to Horse (the basketball game) where each person goes around and says a letter, and if you complete a word, you get a letter in the word "ghost." You also get a letter if you can't think of a word you can form with the previous people's turns, or if you add to the word being formed and there are no possible words to spell after that. You're eliminated once you complete a word five times, spelling "ghost."

We were going around, and the two people in front of me said "a" and "d." I said "o," because Adolin. The next person claimed  that there were no words that they could continue with. When I pointed out "Adolin," everyone shunned me forever. 

I was out of the game, so what did I do at that point?

*takes out copy of the Words of Radiance*

3 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

My friends and I were playing Ghost. For those who don't know, it's a game similar to Horse (the basketball game) where each person goes around and says a letter, and if you complete a word, you get a letter in the word "ghost." You also get a letter if you can't think of a word you can form with the previous people's turns, or if you add to the word being formed and there are no possible words to spell after that. You're eliminated once you complete a word five times, spelling "ghost."

We were going around, and the two people in front of me said "a" and "d." I said "o," because Adolin. The next person claimed  that there were no words that they could continue with. When I pointed out "Adolin," everyone shunned me forever. 

I was out of the game, so what did I do at that point?

*takes out copy of the Words of Radiance*

adoring, adoration. Ado is a word btw, as in "she had much ado to keep up with him" (directly taken from google.)

Edit: Should maybe mention that this was written with pedant mode on.

Edited by Kidpen

59 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

adoring, adoration. Ado is a word btw, as in "she had much ado to keep up with him" (directly taken from google.)

Edit: Should maybe mention that this was written with pedant mode on.

That's what I brought up immediately after, but they still shunned me...

5 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

that is me 100%

Isn't there a thread for this?

On 5/28/2018 at 8:18 AM, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

Awesome! I'm hoping to meet people at the Salt Lake Comic Con. Me and a group of friends (and my sister, who is the only one who has an account last time I knew) are planning on going down together.

I will be there with some friends as well. Unfortunately they stubbornly have not read any Sanderson Book, despite years of me trying to force them.

I’m sorry about that @Life&Death. Even I, after years of trying, have only gotten two of my friends to read Mistborn Era 1. They refuse to go further. I managed to get one to read Elantris, but that’s hardly enough for a Cosmere discussion.

Edited by Apollyon
Forgotten punctuation.

1 hour ago, Life&Death said:

I will be there with some friends as well. Unfortunately they stubbornly have not read any Sanderson Book, despite years of me trying to force them.

That does suck. My plan with my friends involves quite a few people, so we'll probably be dragging a few non-Sanderfans along with us for our large Sanderson-themed cosplay.

Edited by Nerd3.14159265358979

When you spend your time measuring the amount of iron in human beings, correcting assumptions about compounding + Awakening, and seeing how fast pure iron digests in a human stomach. (That last one was ridiculously tough to find a straight answer to.)

2 hours ago, Apollyon said:

When you spend your time measuring the amount of iron in human beings, correcting assumptions about compounding + Awakening, and seeing how fast pure iron digests in a human stomach. (That last one was ridiculously tough to find a straight answer to.)

What was said difficult answer?