Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

6,673 posts in this topic

Just now, whattheHoid said:

Ah! My good pal Amazon! ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

I actually went to Dubai in November to visit her and I got a sweet set of metalminds, I mean bangles. 

1 hour ago, whattheHoid said:

ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ

...this scares me, Hoid.

When your brother is talking about how anything entertains him and he says, “I get excited by rocks.” and you think of Tien.

Me, I get excited by Rocks.

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Me, I get excited by Rocks.

Yeah, we’re pretty great.

I prefer the offspring of Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor and Tuaka'li'na'calmi'nor

10 hours ago, Rebecca said:

When your brother is talking about how anything entertains him and he says, “I get excited by rocks.” and you think of Tien.

That makes me both sad and happy! Is this possible???

Also, you know you're a Sanderfan when you learn how to say "I am a Stick" in french. (It's Je Suis une Baton) (or Je suis un Baton for the guys) 

51 minutes ago, Shallan&Pattern said:

That makes me both sad and happy! Is this possible???

Yep. Exactly how I felt too.

When you are watching the trailer for the new Stars Wars game and it says “there are three simple rules” and you immediately list off:

1. Do not spill the blood of another.

2. Do not light any fires.

3. Do not move quickly during the night.

When you’re trying stick welding for the first time in Metals and you can’t get the electrode stick thing to light. You are tempted to yell at your stick to be fire and suddenly know how Shallan feels in WoR.

Seriously though, it took me a good half hour to light it then keep it burning for more than a second.

Posted (edited)

YKYASW you decide to draw pewter symbols on the hands of you and your friends in track for good luck at the meet today. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

YKYASW you mishear “Hungarian” as “Hemalurgic” in an ad and have a minor inner breakdown because you think that the Inquisition and/or the DA have taken over.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

YKYASW you decide to draw pewter symbols on the hands of you and your friends in track for good luck at the meet today. 

This is the best thing I've heard in days

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

12 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

This is the best thing I've heard in days

Glad I could say it then! 

Also, YKYASW when you start drawing connections between Legend of Zelda and the Cosmere. I mean, Hyrule has three "goddesses" that literally have the attributes of Wisdom, Courage, and Power, so they're kinda Shards. Not to mention that the Triforce is like their godmetals, and the three springs found in Skyward Sword could be their liquid investiture... and all those reoccurring characters could be world hoppers!! I've probably been thinking about this too much:P

15 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Also, YKYASW when you start drawing connections between Legend of Zelda and the Cosmere. I mean, Hyrule has three "goddesses" that literally have the attributes of Wisdom, Courage, and Power, so they're kinda Shards. Not to mention that the Triforce is like their godmetals, and the three springs found in Skyward Sword could be their liquid investiture... and all those reoccurring characters could be world hoppers!! I've probably been thinking about this too much:P

Same here. I've been doing the same for Avatar TLA, Thunderbolt Fantasy and others. I even considered making a thread for trying to apply cosmere rules to other stories.  

When you start noticing similarities in every tv show! Just watched The Dragon Prince and I swear they are fighting on the Shattered Plains and just fought and took the heart of a titan.

YKYASW you misread "Color Guard" as "Cobalt Guard" and almost walk up and ask the girl where she got the jacket from.

When you use Sanderson books as examples.

When someone says 'Splinter' or 'Shard' and you freak out.

Screaming every time the progress bar on SA4 goes up.

When you stub your toe and yell "RUST AND RUIN!"

When your Kahoot! name is cosmere related.

When you are told to do something and mutter 'Honor is dead but I'll see what I can do."

When every somebody says chivalry is dead but you correct them because clearly honor is the dead one. 

34 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

YKYASW you misread "Color Guard" as "Cobalt Guard" and almost walk up and ask the girl where she got the jacket from.

I had a similar experience where someone in the band had a sweater that said TUBA on the front, and I thought “I didn’t know TUBA had sweaters...” and then I saw someone else wearing one that said TRUMPET.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ethan_Sedai said:

I had a similar experience where someone in the band had a sweater that said TUBA on the front, and I thought “I didn’t know TUBA had sweaters...” and then I saw someone else wearing one that said TRUMPET.

OH MY GOODNESS TUBA SWEATERS THIS SOUNDS AMAZING I WANT ONE!

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you get bored during a ward party and draw this on the table since they had paper tablecloths. (No, this was not from memory. I used the Coppermind as reference for most of these.)

Spoiler

F702C490-0604-4C88-A291-D8DA94983473.thumb.jpeg.43d4b02dcd399c1054e8a6f05dde1491.jpeg

Edited by Rebecca

YKYASW you're falling asleep in class so you slowly take out your pen and draw a bronze feruchemical symbol on your wrist. 

And you instantly feel like you just took a caffeine hit. 

YKYASW when your phone recognizes the word 'Kaladin'

Posted (edited)

YKYASW you phone not only recognizes the word Kaladin, but it assumes you mean to use the word Renarin right after. Proof, that I Hoid, belong with the two hottest Radiants in the Cosmere, Kaladin and Renarin!:wub:

Edited by whattheHoid