You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Just now, Ishar said:

Clearly not everything gets what it wants

Shallan couldn't convince the stick to be fire. You can't convince the unicorn to not be a masterpiece.

Also, you know you're a sanderfan when you and a friend carry an argument to the 17th Shard...

1 minute ago, Ashspren said:

Shallan couldn't convince the stick to be fire. You can't convince the unicorn to not be a masterpiece.

Also, you know you're a sanderfan when you and a friend carry an argument to the 17th Shard...

Agreed. Now back to the argument. I don’t need to convince the unicorn anything. It isn’t a masterpiece.

1 minute ago, Ishar said:

Agreed. Now back to the argument. I don’t need to convince the unicorn anything. It isn’t a masterpiece.

But it sees itself as a masterpiece in the Cognitive Realm.

Also, beauty is just a matter of perception.

Edited by Ashspren

On 4/29/2018 at 0:44 PM, Tesh said:

Like me.

I want friends IRL. Just no one will take a chance on this strange, nerdy little introvert.

Don’t say that! I’m sure that people would be your friend if they knew you! I would be your friend if I  ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶ didn’t live somewhere else in real life. 

Try to find people who share your interests and who you can feel comfortable around. You’ll have to put yourself out first, but it’ll be worth it!

Edited by podman36

3 minutes ago, Ishar said:

For the record though, it was never a masterpiece.

For the record, it wanted to be beautiful. Therefore it was. Don't deprive the unicorn of its dreams, @Ishar.

Just now, podman36 said:

Don’t say that! I’m sure that people would be your friend if they knew you! I would be your friend if I wasn’t just a bot didn’t live somewhere else in real life. 

Try to find people who share your interests and who you can feel comfortable around. You’ll have to put yourself out first, but it’ll be worth it!

Agreed, for sure-- find people who don't judge you, and people that you can have fun with. @Tesh, I'm sure you're super awesome! Also, just remember that you have a bunch of 17th Sharders on your side. We've got your back :lol:

Edited by Ashspren

20 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when...

You try to draw unicorns as chalklings, and it turns out that they are extremely bad. 

The unicorns were extremely bad and you agree. Case closed

Edited by Ishar

1 hour ago, Ashspren said:

Agreed, for sure-- find people who don't judge you, and people that you can have fun with. @Tesh, I'm sure you're super awesome! Also, just remember that you have a bunch of 17th Sharders on your side. We've got your back :lol:

Look at this shirt I have.

IMG_20180429_144454_hdr.thumb.jpg.714639c5e205be7d6a62f1603d0f36a9.jpg

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

Don’t say that! I’m sure that people would be your friend if they knew you! I would be your friend if I -wasn’t just a bot- didn’t live somewhere else in real life. 

You'd be surprised. Even a most of the people who I consider "friends" trend to try to avoid me, it act like I'm really annoying.

Sometimes I hate understanding. Every once in a while, I just want to be ignorant. But thanks anyways.

Edited by Tesh

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

Look at this shirt I have.

You'd be surprised. Even a most of the people who I consider "friends" trend to try to avoid me, it act like I'm really annoying.

Sometimes I hate understanding. Every once in a while, I just want to be ignorant. But thanks anyways.

I deal with the same thing, so I get it. But, there are probably some people around you who fee the same way. Just hang out with them, you might find that you have a lot in common! (Person experience, by the way...)

Also, nice shirt! ;)

First off, that shirt is amazing. Second off, no. I don’t want to be rude, but don’t be so dismissive of yourself. For your existing friends, that’s rough. My best would say to just hold on and don’t lose hope. People change and act weird. Even weirder with hormones. Which your friends will have loads of right now. 

I still think it’s a good idea to try and find new friends that like doing and talking about the same things as you and that are easy to be around. It’s always good to have friends that don’t feel like they take a ton of effort just to not screw up. 

You are an awesome person. I know this because anyone with a T-shirt that great has to be a good person. 

Also, I would be upvoting some of this but I ran out at 1:00. This morning. Whoops. 

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

First off, that shirt is amazing. Second off, no. I don’t want to be rude, but don’t be so dismissive of yourself. For your existing friends, that’s rough. My best would say to just hold on and don’t lose hope. People change and act weird. Even weirder with hormones. Which your friends will have loads of right now. 

I still think it’s a good idea to try and find new friends that like doing and talking about the same things as you and that are easy to be around. It’s always good to have friends that don’t feel like they take a ton of effort just to not screw up. You are an awesome person. I know this because anyone with a T-shirt that great has to be a good person. 

I just... Go with the flow. If I don't have people who I feel comfortable talking too, whatever. I don't care. I'll always have you guys. And, (Sorry) more importantly, books. I mean, I can't change the way people think. So why try?

Anyways, thanks for the complements on the shirt. I have a couple good ones. (My Patronus is a Sloth, If you can read this shirt I was forced to put my book down and re-enter society, please don't about the writer or she will out you in a book and kill you). I need to get either an I am a stick shirt, or a Bride Four one. 

I'm also hand sewing a cloak out of a pair of really big fuzzy pajama pants and shirt, and some brown fabric. It's turning out pretty well. I just am adding a bit more fabric to the end, and I need to make a good, then add the brown fabric on the outside. But to actually make that comment relevant, I'm listening to the WoR audiobook while doing that.

You know your a Sanderfan when...

You meet friends by introducing them to the Sanderverse.

You spend most of your time on the 17th Shard, desperate for more reputation points.

Your autocorrect changes all of the Cosmere related words, so you scream “RAG DOMI” in frustration. Then, of course, you cover your mouth in shame. Such foul language!

You wonder what this universe would be like if everything existed in Realmatic Theory. My spirit web would be incredibly cracked...

You wish you had a wingwoman as good as Sylphrena.

You call people Sanderson related nicknames. Don’t like them? They’re “airsick lowlander.” Like them, and they’re your friend... or maybe more? They’re “potato in a minefield,” because that’s how much you care about them.

Every time you see a bird, you call it a chicken.

People literally have to tel you to stop being obsessed with the Cosmere.

You read a book, and think about how much better it would be if Sanderson wrote it.

You play Geometry Dash and wonder if everything is just a cryptic, because ooooh pretty patterns! If not, they’re obviously Aons.

You wonder where other books from different authors tie into the Cosmere.

Instead of justifying investiture with science, you justify science with investiture.

You realize that one of your friends could do the BEST Shallan cosplay, so you force her to read the Cosmere books because SHE NEEDS TO COSPLAY THAT.

You try to find the next time that Sanderson visits your hometown. Then, you scream when you realize that it recently passed... (this did not happen recently, by the way)

Your greatest fear is that you will forget about the Cosmere when you get older, as it will span quite a long time. It’s an irrational fear, though. You won’t forget it.

Edited by Ashspren