You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

58 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

When you have always instinctively known what kind of misting you are and all the quizzes agree with you...

Lurcher by the way, Lurchers for life!

I am, apparently, a rioter.

Edit: When you mean to type library, and accidentally type Liebrary. I didn't even notice until after I posted it.

Edited by Kidpen

When this happens...

Friend A: “I actually really don’t like Sanderson’s books. Seriously, how do you even read them?”

Me: (mutters angrily) “Airsick lowlander.”

Friend A: “What?...”

— —LINE BREAK— —

Friend B: “Yeah, I was reading the Way of Kings. It really wasn’t that good.”

Me: “Did you have your brain coated in aluminum or something? That can’t be healthy.”

Friend B: “I... I’m sorry?”

Me: “I mean, obviously. The aluminum must block the Investiture of Sanderson’s incredible writing.”

Friend B: “I don’t understand.”

Me: “Well, you would if you read Cosmere books! Storms, you have a lot to learn.”

Edited by Ashspren

1 hour ago, Ashspren said:

When this happens...

Friend A: “I actually really don’t like Sanderson’s books. Seriously, how do you even read them?”

Me: (mutters angrily) “Airsick lowlander.”

Friend A: “What?...”

— —LINE BREAK— —

Friend B: “Yeah, I was reading the Way of Kings. It really wasn’t that good.”

Me: “Did you have your brain coated in aluminum or something? That can’t be healthy.”

Friend B: “I... I’m sorry?”

Me: “I mean, obviously. The aluminum must block the Investiture of Sanderson’s incredible writing.”

Friend B: “I don’t understand.”

Me: “Well, you would if you read Cosmere books! Storms, you have a lot to learn.”

These kinds of conversations break my Sanderfan heart. You know you're a Sanderfan when you make friends with someone simply because you were in the Sanderson section of the library at the same time, and they make a comment about OB

23 minutes ago, LittleGreyDragon said:

This. This is the bane of my existence.

I am trying to write a story right now, and I showed it to a friend. I promptly asked what Shard should exist on that world, because the Cosmere just takes up my entire brain.

Their response: "You aren't storming Brandon Sanderson. As much as you would like to be, your rusting story ideas will never be a part of the Cosmere. Colors, Ashspren, you are obsessed."

I immediately started to freak out over the Cosmere references they made, while they shook their head laughing.

26 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

These kinds of conversations break my Sanderfan heart. You know you're a Sanderfan when you make friends with someone simply because you were in the Sanderson section of the library at the same time, and they make a comment about OB

Or possibly more than friends… lol.

I should write a fanfiction about this… a love story to last the ages.

Edit-- I just realized that I double posted. How do you merge posts?

Edited by Ashspren

When someone says something obvious and you mutter "It's like you can see the future...VOIDBRINGERS" 

When you're doing an art thing and you say unity and pattern, then realize what you said. 

When you literally cannot stop making Connections between Remnant and the Cosmere. Qrow is Hoid because he uses Yolish Lightweaving; Oz is Harmony; etc, etc. 

When you see emboldened PM titles out of the corner of your eye and think, "I need to click on - oh. Wait." Because it was actually a hallucination. 

When you see some guy who looks at a city skyline once and draws it all exactly on CNN, and your first thought is 'Lightweaver'. 

When you get bored and just start writing down every Cosmere place you can think of. 

When you write a double-sided page of Wayne quotes and still aren't all the way through SOS. 

When you have three whole pages, double-sided, of questions for Brandon...and are nowhere near done writing them all. (Not even taking any from here or the Google Docs.) 

Then my non-Sanderfan friend saw the pages while I was writing one. I'd abbreviated Questions for Brandon to QFB, and she saw the acronym and at once said "Does that stand for Questions for Brandon?" :D

When everyone is talking about Wayde from RPO and you, having not seen it, just think of Wayne every time and get confused. 

Edited by AonEne

3 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Or possibly more than friends… lol.

I should write a fanfiction about this… a love story to last the ages.

Edit-- I just realized that I double posted. How do you merge posts?

Actually it was @Firerust, who actually got me to sign up for the Shard. Also not sure whether I should be honored or terrified at being the subject of a fanfiction.^_^

27 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Actually it was @Firerust, who actually got me to sign up for the Shard. Also not sure whether I should be honored or terrified at being the subject of a fanfiction.^_^

I was kidding about the fanfiction... it takes valuable time to write that stuff. That’s time I could be using on the Shard, or reading Sanderson books. :lol:

Just now, Wyndlerunner said:

I was primarily joking as well

Lol.

Also, more of the “You Know You’re A Sanderfan” Scenarios... 

When you literally have a group chat called “I am a Stick.”

When you have an entire document full of Cosmere theories.

When you talk to your friends about what Rosharan ethnicity each person you see would be. (Blonde hair for that person over there? Iri. That dude next to her is so pale... Shin? Maybe? Oh look, that girl over there has dark/tan skin and dark hair... is she Alethi? Or Reshi? This is an actual problem... Alethi or Reshi?!)

When the main problem circulating through your head is whether or not someone would be Alethi or Reshi...

When you play “Where’s Hoid?” in other books besides the Cosmere... (There’s some random, insightful man who only appears briefly! It’s Hoid! Oh wait, wrong fandom...)

When you search up “gold ability to burn” because of chemistry reasons, and Mistborn is the first thing that pops up. You internally freak out. (Okay, scratch that— it’s both internal and external. You scream and send pictures to all of your Sanderfan friends.)

When your friend says that they’re bored, so you pick up the stack of Sanderson books you just reread and throw it at them. “This is Mistborn Era 1, Mistborn Era 2, Warbreaker, Elantris, the Stormlight Archive, and Arcanum Unbounded” you say. “Read them all. Then, get an account on the 17th Shard, and get the manuscript of Aether of Night. Now go. Leave me to my fan forums.”

When almost every tab open on your device is Cosmere or Sanderson related.

When you have no drawing abilities but you still want to be like Shallan, so you draw a bunch of random scribbles and call it “Pattern.”

When your friend says that you’re lying, so you just scream “LIES. DELICIOUS LIES” in their face. Then, your friend, who is a Sanderfan, follows up with “SUCH INTERESTING TRUTHS.”

When you  say “kolo, sule?” or “got it, Gancho?” instead of “okay, guys?”

When you make up ways to put the orders of the Knights Radiant on a license plate, and vow to use it one day.

When after you finished Words of Radiance, you saw a projector and thought about freeing the poor Cryptic from the inside of the vile machine. They were obviously helping with Lightweaving the image...

When you scream because Sanderson just released another book, and people literally have to ask you to shut up and calm down... 

When you can’t carry the amount of Sanderson books you want from a bookstore.

Whenever you finish a different book, and someone asks how it was, you respond: “Oh, it was really good. It wasn’t as good as Sanderson’s work, but still good.”

When a friend says “YOLO” and you immediately think: “Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.”

When you start a “Save the Chasmfiends Fund,” the “Chull Rights Organization,” and the “Chickens are People Too Association.”

When you dream about the Cosmere.

When you start to see spren around you, because spren are everywhere. Duh.

2 hours ago, Ashspren said:

When you talk to your friends about what Rosharan ethnicity each person you see would be. (Blonde hair for that person over there? Iri. That dude next to her is so pale... Shin? Maybe? Oh look, that girl over there has dark/tan skin and dark hair... is she Alethi? Or Reshi? This is an actual problem... Alethi or Reshi?!)

I'm pretty sure that Shin's aren't that unusually pale. They're probably closer to just being white.

And I vote the girl to be Reshi. Because Lift.

So we had two guys from the Elders Quorum come over to our house (because we just switched ward boundaries) and they trying to get to know us, right. So one guys asks me my hobbies and I say reading. He then asked me what the last book I had read was. It was Oathbringer. ^_^ So me and my dad started recommending they read Sanderson books, and my dad gave them a super rough explanation of the cosmere, and we both sat there obsessing over Sanderson the whole time. It was fun. Having another Sanderfan in the family is pretty awesome.

Just now, podman36 said:

Yeah. How tan/dark skinned?

I feel like Alethi is lighter.

It was in that middle ground, between tan and dark— that’s why I was thinking about it so much.

Also, I love how we’re having this conversation right now... You know you’re a sanderfan when you and another person on a fan forum website have a full conversation about the appearance and Rosharan ethnicity of a complete stranger...

1 minute ago, Ashspren said:

It was in that middle ground, between tan and dark— that’s why I was thinking about it so much.

Also, I love how we’re having this conversation right now... You know you’re a sanderfan when you and another person on a fan forum website have a full conversation about the appearance and Rosharan ethnicity of a complete stranger...

If you ever see her again you should ask if she is reshi or alethi.

29 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Yeesh. That is rough. If I were in your shoes my brain would probably just be giving me error messages. 

I feel like Reshi is more of a tan, but a dark tan. Alethi skin would be born dark. But Reshi would be darker than Alethi, but with a tanned feel. 

If that makes any sense at all. 

I mean, what’s the Shard for if not to allow for conversations on applying incredibly trivial bits of fiction that we all enjoy to real life?

8 hours ago, Kidpen said:

If you ever see her again you should ask if she is reshi or alethi.

I totally will. Best case scenario— she’s read the Stormlight Archive and gives me an answer... 

7 hours ago, podman36 said:

Yeesh. That is rough. If I were in your shoes my brain would probably just be giving me error messages. 

I feel like Reshi is more of a tan, but a dark tan. Alethi skin would be born dark. But Reshi would be darker than Alethi, but with a tanned feel. 

If that makes any sense at all. 

I mean, what’s the Shard for if not to allow for conversations on applying incredibly trivial bits of fiction that we all enjoy to real life?

I get what you mean about the Reshi/Alethi thing. It makes sense.

And the part about the Shard is so true. I’m glad I got an account... I can’t talk to a lot of my friends about this because they get extremely annoyed...