You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you start comparing games and stories to Cosmere right away. I am currently playing Ni No Kuni 2. 

You have swords that you summon, elemental 'definitely not spren', "Higher spren" that can be bonded with. 

Theres more but i'd be worried about spoiling both it and cosmere stuff. 

1 hour ago, Xtafa said:

When you start comparing games and stories to Cosmere right away. I am currently playing Ni No Kuni 2. 

You have swords that you summon, elemental 'definitely not spren', "Higher spren" that can be bonded with. 

Theres more but i'd be worried about spoiling both it and cosmere stuff. 

I know what you mean. I played FFXV after reading TWoK and as far as I was concerned, the weapons were shardblades. 

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

AFAIK most people sew their own. That's what I did.

I just cut up a length of gray cloth. That way it looked more... Misty. No sewing was required.

When you're reading a friend's story, and one of the characters said, "I am not sick," and you read it as, "I am not a stick." 

I have a quote by Sanderson that I use all the time. I didn't know who said it, but I just kept using it. (This world, it is a tempest sometimes. But remember, the sun always rises again). Then I realized who said it. Taravangian. 

I've stopped using it as much.

57 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

@Tesh I literally just read “I am not sick” as “I am not a stick”. 

That made me crack up. I don't know why that's so funny.

When you can finally say Rock's real name. 

When you go over to your cousin's house to "work" on homework, and you talk writing and Cosmere the whole time. She pointed out an error in the first paragraph that could've Ruined the story.

When whenever you have to write the name of a shard in everyday conversation, you capitalize it.

When today, one year ago, was the day you first touched a Sanderson book. It was a MMP copy of tWoK, and I still have it, but it's pages are filled with sticky notes. 

The only reason I know this is because I still have the receipt. The Receipt that Changed My Life. No joke. 

I'm trying to decide whether or not I need serious help...

I'm good!

Edited by Tesh
I had stuff to add. And spelling errors to fix. (Stupid autocorrect)...

Just now, Xtafa said:

@Tesh

I'm interested in seeing the next step in progression for the cloaks.

We've gone from Mistcloak to Mistcoat, what would the 1980's version be? Mistsuit? 

I'm going with Mistglam. Think Cinderella or Bon Jovi circa 86'. Almost all their pants have tassels, lol. 

8 hours ago, Xtafa said:

@Tesh

I'm interested in seeing the next step in progression for the cloaks.

We've gone from Mistcloak to Mistcoat, what would the 1980's version be? Mistsuit? 

Mistsuit sounds interesting to me. 

When you're trying to think of the name of a character - Toth from Nomad of Nowhere - and your mind offers Teft and Tesh first. 

When you go to throw away aluminum foil, and stop to think how much money it would be worth on scadrial.

when you watch The Last Jedi and keep calling the horse-things (faviers?) Ryshadium

you read about savant syndrome and immediately think of Spook

edit: my cousin found a road spike and tried to steal my Investure...

Edited by Quell

25 minutes ago, Quell said:

When you go to throw away aluminum foil, and stop to think how much money it would be worth on scadrial.

when you watch The Last Jedi and keep calling the horse-things (faviers?) Ryshadium

I don't have an aluminum hat. Not at all. What are you talking about? :ph34r:

When you see the phrase "It's not about waiting out the storm, it's about dancing in the rain!" and your first thought is "Not in a highstorm!". 

When you realize that Shallan gave Red, Gaz, Vathah, and the rest a REDemption arc. (I spend far too much time thinking about Cosmere puns.