You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

The cheating is annoying, too. Timmy always sneaks his coppermind into tests. Violet Riots everyone whenever she gives a speech in English, and don't get me started on Fast Eddy. Steel compounding just isn't fair in phys ed - he's a telekinetic speedster!

When you start using Scadrian metal symbols in Chemistry for your own notes- either Feruchemical of Allomantic depending on the context. Or, better yet, when you decide to learn the Alethi alphabet to take notes no one but a dedicated Sanderfan could read. Besides, it's up there on your list of fantasy languages to learn along with Dovah Speech, Tolkein Elvish, Dothraki, and Valyrian.

Lol, that reminds me of the time I developed my own script as an unholy mix of Latin letters, Runes and Linear B glyps, with a few Cyrillic letters thrown in. But what's even more fun is that I still can use it 30 years later. :)

Things degraded quickly from there. The Elantis crew sided with the wizards, but the Allomancers went to ground and started hitting them from places you:d never expect. Once someone figured out Larkins could drain most spells right out of the air - well, it wasn't pretty.

Except for those few whose patronii protected them. The Dementors started attacking the larkins who were stealing all their hope and happiness and magic, while the giant squid in the lake wanted it's larkin back and started getting grumpy. Meanwhile Vasher stood at the whomping willow, constantly infusing it with breaths to keep people away from the kandra hideout it lead to.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you often think of things to post on 17th Shard during you day-to-day life. In the shower, driving, while talking to other people...

Alas, this thread has been quite derailed. I might just make a cosmere-Harry Potter matchup thread, though, because that was beautiful. And I have more to add.

Edit: Topic made.

Edited by GreyPilgrim