You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you pretend that all the steam from your shower is actually mist.

When you eat a chocolate chip cookie and hope it isn't spiked (then hold a mini texting conversation with your friend talking about it)

When you walk slowly whenever it is dark at all for the reason mentioned above. I physically force myself not to run, because for a sanderfan, running in the dark is much more terrifying than walking through the dark. 

When your little brother is also afraid to run in the dark. I have corrupted him.

Edited by Rebecca

On 4/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When you go to Silicon Valley Comic Con and are disappointed because the most Sanderson-related thing you see there is your t-shirt.

You didn't see the cosplayer in the havah? I'd post a picture here, but I forgot to ask her permission to put it online. But she was delighted when I said hi!

Storytime! Like any good library, my local library is big. So, I rely on landmarks to find my way around. More specifically, a potted plant. For as long as I can remember, on the shelf parallel to the shelf housing Brandon’s works has been a fern. It's a nice fern, well lit by the nearby window - if it sounds like I've spent a lot of time looking at it, that's because I have. Every time I go to the library,  I swing by the S section go see if they've gotten any new books by Brandon. 

This all changed one fateful day not long ago. Someone (I have yet to find out who) moved the plant. I walked over to the plant, turned right and freaked out. For a fleeting moment I thought they had gotten a dozen new books. But my elation was for not. When I discovered the subterfuge I was disappointed. The end. <_<

P. S. The moral of this story is that you shouldn't ever, under any circumstances, move your plants. It only leads to confusion and heartbreak. 

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

Storytime! Like any good library, my local library is big. So, I rely on landmarks to find my way around. More specifically, a potted plant. For as long as I can remember, on the shelf parallel to the shelf housing Brandon’s works has been a fern. It's a nice fern, well lit by the nearby window - if it sounds like I've spent a lot of time looking at it, that's because I have. Every time I go to the library,  I swing by the S section go see if they've gotten any new books by Brandon. 

This all changed one fateful day not long ago. Someone (I have yet to find out who) moved the plant. I walked over to the plant, turned right and freaked out. For a fleeting moment I thought they had gotten a dozen new books. But my elation was for not. When I discovered the subterfuge I was disappointed. The end. <_<

P. S. The moral of this story is that you shouldn't ever, under any circumstances, move your plants. It only leads to confusion and heartbreak. 

Was the plant's name Counk Duku?

When you watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them during Leadership because we were in there for three hours (this was my second time watching it, though), and you keep wanting to call Queenie a Oculator.

4 hours ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

When you're scared to answer this math problem, for obvious reasons

I know the reasons...it's math.

How do you like math???

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I feel for you.

6 hours ago, Rue Walker said:

You didn't see the cosplayer in the havah? I'd post a picture here, but I forgot to ask her permission to put it online. But she was delighted when I said hi!

I didn't see her. I must have went on a different day as her, cause I'm sure I would have noticed.

When you go to Florida for spring break, and people say the stupidest things and all you can think is "airsick lowlanders" I'm not saying that everyone there is, but I saw a few (we also have our crazies in Utah, I just paid a bit more attention on vacation)

1 hour ago, Quell said:

When you go to Florida for spring break, and people say the stupidest things and all you can think is "airsick lowlanders" I'm not saying that everyone there is, but I saw a few (we also have our crazies in Utah, I just paid a bit more attention on vacation)

Hey, a fellow Horneater! Aka Utahn.

7 hours ago, Quickbronze said:

The reasons aren't too obvious; I didn't get it. It's not as if the problem involves cookies.

The reason is that it's a bakery in general, so they likely have cookies as well. I've heard tell that the DA is expanding to more than just cookies; for example, pie. Also, doesn't that just sound like something they'd do? Get us expecting cookies (or maybe pie) to be spiked, and then, in a sudden and inexplicable turn of events, use other baked goods. Something unnatural like that just seems natural for them. 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

I know the reasons...it's math.

How do you like math???

Also, I've always loved Pattern, (er, patterns) and my Dad happens to be a math teacher, so I've had easy access to more and more complex patterns, aka a math, and I grew up surrounded by tales of the beauty of math rather than the horrors.

3 hours ago, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

I didn't see her. I must have went on a different day as her, cause I'm sure I would have noticed.

Bummer! I admit I wasn't 100% sure the first time I saw her, because the dress didn't have a high collar and the safehand sleeve was more of a stole, but when I spotted the glyph embroidered on it I stopped and asked "Are you from Roshar?" She got so excited because nobody else had recognized her.

(TBF, I was at Emerald City Comic Con this year and the same thing happened with a woman cosplaying Syl, even though it was a much larger con and Brandon was there as a guest, both of which ought to increase the chance of people recognizing a Cosmere cosplay.)