You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

So... Wakandans? Wakandins? Wakandains?

I'm putting my money on Wakandaians.

EDIT: After writing it so many times, it feels like it's not a real word anymore. Not that it was to begin with...

Edited by podman36

When you're sitting in night school and can't think about ANYTHING THAT ISN'T BRANDON SANDERSON. 

When you constantly read Hoid instead of hold, especially when it's capitalized. 

When you get mad at your computer for not recognizing simple words like "Adonalsium" that obviously every machine should know. 

When you look forward to book releases more than you do certain holidays (though not Christmas or my birthday, as I might get books that I don't already own then.) (Something similar to this may already have been posted, not sure. Been a while since I read this thread.) 

When you are actually unhappy for once to have a substitute, because you really wanted to ask your teacher if she's gotten past the fifty-page mark in Mistborn. 

When your mother figures out (HOA spoiler) 

Spoiler

that Spook is being influenced by Ruin, and it's not actually Kelsier

and freaks out at you. (Honestly, I'm amazed she hasn't figured out who the epigraph author is yet. She's like telepathic or something. Guesses SO MUCH before it happens. Brandon is the only thing that can take her by surprise, and only some of the time.) 

When your closest friends are on the Shard. 

When you are a very active member on an almost 200 page roleplay. If you count booth of them. The current one just barely reached 100. The other one is 76, I think.

When you're reading this Studio C Q& A thing with the cast, and one of the questions is, "what was the last book you read," and you keep hoping it's a Sanderson one. Dalton's was! It was Elantris! It made me happy!

Edited by Tesh

18 hours ago, Tesh said:

When your closest friends are on the Shard. 

When you are a very active member on an almost 200 page roleplay. If you count booth of them. The current one just barely reached 100. The other one is 76, I think.

When you're reading this Studio C Q& A thing with the cast, and one of the questions is, "what was the last book you read," and you keep hoping it's a Sanderson one. Dalton's was! It was Elantris! It made me happy!

YES MAYBE HE'll CONVERT THEM ALL AND THEY'll START DOING SANDERSON-BASED SKITS!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, when you think of this: Hello Darkness my old friend, I've come to steal your lunch again. - Lift 

When you discover Brandon's address :ph34r:

19 hours ago, Tesh said:

Please link. I love Studio C, but I haven't seen that.

When you are in a line for something, and you are joking about eating your combination lock's with someone you just met(we are weird) and he offhandedly says "You can't eat bronze. Well, unless you are a Mistborn", so you immediately become friends.

Edited by Kidpen

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Off-topic, but I have a question - do PMs count as posts? Cause if not, then wow, I've been posting more on here than I thought.

Nah. That's why you can submit more than one response and not get yelled at on a PM.

When you realize that eels can’t fly because you forgot skyeels weren’t really a thing.

When you decide the 40 mile per hour winds have attracted more windspren than a chasmfiend corpse does cremlings.

When you see an advertisement for memorial engravements on bricks for a walkway and decide that somebody should buy one and have it say:

RIP Kelsier, Survivor of Hathsin

“I am hope.”

When you wonder what shard Earth has. (laziness?)

Edited by Mistspren

5 hours ago, Mistspren said:

That might be more America... :ph34r:

When you go to write your name on your homework, and almost write Tesh.

Edited by Tesh

6 hours ago, Mistspren said:

My high school chemistry teacher used to summarize entropy and free energy by saying "everything naturally wants to be lazy and messy". So would that be Laziness and Messiness?