You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

I think I got what it means - one side is chaotic, the other is orderly. Perhaps it's a reference to Honor (being rigid, orderly) and Cultivation (more wild, chaotic) molding Roshar together, thus symbolizing duality? Like a continental yin-yang of sorts. It'd also be an odd kind of symmetry, which sorta fits into Roshar's culture.

Which is therefore much like this forum - part serious and intellectual, part plain silly. It all comes full circle :)

(I'm fully expecting someone to make a wheel of time no beginnings or endings joke that I'm not really going to understand. Go figure.)

Delightful, on 10 May 2014 - 4:45 PM, said:

Which is therefore much like this forum - part serious and intellectual, part plain silly. It all comes full circle :)

(I'm fully expecting someone to make a wheel of time no beginnings or endings joke that I'm not really going to understand. Go figure.)

The Wheel of Discussion turns, and threads come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the thread that gave it birth comes again. In one thread, called the Thread by some, a Thread yet to come, a Thread long past, something dark, clever and silly rose in the Cosmere. It was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Discussion. But it was a beginning.

I know not that of which you speak, Ba'alzamon.

*Draws self up arrogantly before the now-insane Lord of the Morning*

Once, they called me Elan Morin Tedronai, but now they call me Ishamael, the Betrayer of Hope. Yes. Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it.

And be thankful, Joe. Be very thankful.

Be very thankful, for it is a thing beyond Everstorms and Hecklestorms. It is dark. It is bloody. It is evil distilled. And it will break you.

Be very thankful, for it is a thing beyond Everstorms and Hecklestorms. It is dark. It is bloody. It is evil distilled. And it will break you.

On the bright side, that was the day I became a Bondship.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you treat sticks with the utmost respect and solemnity.

Edited by Kobold King

Ketek, on 11 May 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

*Draws self up arrogantly before the now-insane Lord of the Morning*

Once, they called me Elan Morin Tedronai, but now they call me Ishamael, the Betrayer of Hope. Yes. Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it.

Ilyena? Where are you?

In the same vein as Kobold King: You know you're a Sanderfan when you pass a bunch of Boy Scouts and think of them as heretical Firebringers.

Oi we're pyromaniacs. We don't burn sticks. We burn branches and twigs, never sticks.

If we speak the words, can we get a straight answer on what the Syl thread was?

Eh... it started off as a perfectly innocent discussion revolving around Words of Radiance and how Syl would interact with Pattern. First people started discussing a ship between Syl and Pattern, leading to Ketek declaring himself to be "The Shipfather." Some perfectly innocent questions were asked and interesting suggestions were made.

But then things started getting out of hand. More than a few dirty jokes were made. Eventually Rubix shut it down because of how inappropriate it had gotten.

Back on topic: You know you're a Sanderfan when you suddenly realizing that by posting book theories, we are attempting to see the future. And such is not of Honor.

Question before answer. Game thread before creep thread. Cosmere before earth.

Or so the Vorrins say, Stormfather just says he stinks at it.

When you want to go the party next door and lash everyone to the sealing to shut them up.

Question before answer. Game thread before creep thread. Cosmere before earth.

Or so the Vorrins say, Stormfather just says he stinks at it.

When you want to go the party next door and lash everyone to the sealing to shut them up.

Rithmatist:

When you're reading and wish to draw a Line of Silencing around the rest of the world.

Ilyena? Where are you?

In the same vein as Kobold King: You know you're a Sanderfan when you pass a bunch of Boy Scouts and think of them as heretical Firebringers.

You fool, has the taint taken you that quickly? It is a shame your Aes Sedai sisters are not here; even a few minutes of lucidity would serve my purposes well enough. But no matter. I will use what I have.

*Draws on the True Power*

BE HEALED!

Eh... it started off as a perfectly innocent discussion revolving around Words of Radiance and how Syl would interact with Pattern. First people started discussing a ship between Syl and Pattern, leading to Ketek declaring himself to be "The Shipfather." Some perfectly innocent questions were asked and interesting suggestions were made.

But then things started getting out of hand. More than a few dirty jokes were made. Eventually Rubix shut it down because of how inappropriate it had gotten.

Back on topic: You know you're a Sanderfan when you suddenly realizing that by posting book theories, we are attempting to see the future. And such is not of Honor.

And if you were there, you'll never see rainspren the same way again.

The horror... the horror... *curls up into a fetal ball and cries*

Switching back to the topic, you know you're a Sanderfan when you daydream of making grand entrances with Allomancy or Surgebinding.

When you start using Scadrian metal symbols in Chemistry for your own notes- either Feruchemical of Allomantic depending on the context. Or, better yet, when you decide to learn the Alethi alphabet to take notes no one but a dedicated Sanderfan could read. Besides, it's up there on your list of fantasy languages to learn along with Dovah Speech, Tolkein Elvish, Dothraki, and Valyrian.

"You misplaced the spike on zinc, and in the context of a doubles displacement reaction, I really think the feruchemical symbol would be more appropriate. Next time, I want to see Vorin numerals. 93%."

Edited by Swimmingly