You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When people have been posting on this topic since 2015 (and this is part two - first topic apparently got locked for too many replies) as everyone specifies exactly how they know they're Sanderfans with a total of 3871 posts, no less.

Edited by Sami

When you get some money for your birthday, and the first thing you think is that you can finally get Legion, and the Kaladin album. (My library doesn't have Legion, and I can't find it anywhere except Amazon, and it costs more than WoR in hardcover! Is it out of print)?

You know you're a Sanderfan when you get a notification of an event happening close by and even though you've been super sick and in bed all day you legitimately consider going and it pains you when you can't

Also whenever you go to a bookstore the first thing you look for is the Sanderson books, even though you already own all of them...

When you get some money for your birthday, and all you get 13 books. (Second hand bookstores are the best. 7 books in amazing condition for only $7? Who can say no to that)? Five of them are by Sanderson. Mitosis and Legion on eBook, ('cause I am not paying $200 for Legion, or $40 for Mitosis. I'm not that crazy about his books. Well, I might buy them for that much if it was the only option...) And Alcatraz 2-4 in hardcover.

I NEED MENTAL HELP!!!

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

When you get some money for your birthday, and all you get 13 books. (Second hand bookstores are the best. 7 books in amazing condition for only $7? Who can say no to that)? Five of them are by Sanderson. Mitosis and Legion on eBook, ('cause I am not paying $200 for Legion, or $40 for Mitosis. I'm not that crazy about his books. Well, I might buy them for that much if it was the only option...) And Alcatraz 2-4 in hardcover.

I NEED MENTAL HELP!!!

Just buy them from store.brandonsanderson.com. They cost something like $20 each (including shipping). They are also signed and personalized (if you want). 

EDIT: Mitosis isn’t actually available to do this. Sorry! Legion is for sure though, so that’s a solid $180 you just saved. 

Edited by podman36

On 2/11/2018 at 11:23 AM, Tesh said:

When you get some money for your birthday, and the first thing you think is that you can finally get Legion, and the Kaladin album. (My library doesn't have Legion, and I can't find it anywhere except Amazon, and it costs more than WoR in hardcover! Is it out of print)?

If you want a Legion hardcover, it might be worthwhile to wait. The final novella is coming out in September, and Brandon has said it won't be published separately for like a year after. Instead, there will be a collection of all three sold then. 

1 hour ago, thegatorgirl00 said:
Spoiler

oops

If you want a Legion hardcover, it might be worthwhile to wait. The final novella is coming out in September, and Brandon has said it won't be published separately for like a year after. Instead, there will be a collection of all three sold then. 

That is true. (I say that a lot)... Yah, I'll probably just read 1 & 2 on ebook, then buy the collection when it comes out, so I can read #3 and have the satisfaction of it sitting on my shelf. I'll just stick with a t-shirt and poster for now. :ph34r:

When you have posted on this sight around 100 times. Just a rough estimate.

3 hours ago, Tesh said:

When you have posted on this sight around 100 times. Just a rough estimate.

You mean this specific forum? 

Also, my older brother has the Legion/Mitosis hardcover, where they’re in the same book. I think I want to steal it from him now... 

Edited by podman36

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

You mean this specific forum? 

Aye.

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

Also, my older brother has the Legion/Mitosis hardcover, where they’re in the same book. I think I want to steal it from him now. 

:blink: wow...

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

:blink: wow...

I'm joking! ^_^

Mostly. But seriously, he doesn't really care about his stuff. I mean he cares about it in theory, and if I asked to borrow something he would tell me to storm off. But in reality, almost everything is buried in a closet somewhere. A closet I have access to!

To be clear, I'm not actually going to take anything from him.

Probably.

When you're writing a graphic death scene and keep mentally comparing it to the ones we see in Sanderson's writing (there is a surprisingly high number.) No, don't use that phrase! That was used already! No, you can't have that guy's head explode and splatter over everybody's clothes, somebody might think you're a copycat. You can't make your fan status that OBVIOUS. Yes, he was stabbed, but NO it can't be through his eyeball! Gah!

I have high standards for my own writing. And sometimes, a freakishly good memory of things I read.

When, if you had three wishes, one would be to be and Allomancer/Feruchemist/Radiant/Elantrian/Epic and/or to be on the world of one of the books. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to duralumin/ironpull off of two skyscrapers like a giant slingshot, then drop a coin and when people look up epicly drop out of the sky? or draw a symbol in the air and then have something awesome happen (i dont know what Aon i would draw, but most would be cool) or even any radiant power.