You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

6 hours ago, podman36 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In WoK, the Ghostblood who Shallan falls in love with and who tries to assinate Jasnah- I forget his name- shows Shallan a plate of sand that arranges itself into a picture of Kharbranth (spelling?) and some other cities when he uses a bow to create certain vibrations.

Definitely Kabsal. And that spelling is correct. 

The experiment or whatever you want to call it, is called Cymatics. (In tWoK).

21 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When you do this:

Hide contents

IMG_20180114_161035_hdr.thumb.jpg.b029a8b03bb28cfa14190c3f9c691d90.jpg

And when you can name all of the glyphs for all of the orders.

Storms. Just... storms. You need all the upvotes. 

Edited by podman36

40 minutes ago, podman36 said:

Storms. Just... storms. You need all the upvotes. 

Thank you very much. That was the result of about seven hours hard work. 

I would upvote that, but I stayed up late last night on the OB names thread, so...

You are in a conference center in Vegas and as you are riding up an escalator you see this art work and you start wondering if that’s how the Pits of Hathsin look like upclose. Then you go back down the escalator to get a closer look and wonder where the Atium could be hiding inside. Then you wonder if your hands will scar if you could just get your hand in deep enough. 

F56E58BA-42E6-4E12-B44C-BA72FCFF4143.jpeg

181F538B-B9AE-44DB-9B92-AC3B46127FE0.jpeg

When you actually freak out because you were looking at your trash on Google Drive and find an old story idea from three years ago (before I read my first Sanderson book) and inside of it was a quote from a character who was referring to her brother and part of the quote said "Calavar is dead". I scrolled down even more and apparently Calavar's name was taken from a word in a fictional language I made that translates to "honor". So ten-year old me technically had a Stormlight quote in a story without even knowing who Brandon Sanderson was :o

5 minutes ago, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When you actually freak out because you were looking at your trash on Google Drive and find an old story idea from three years ago (before I read my first Sanderson book) and inside of it was a quote from a character who was referring to her brother and part of the quote said "Calavar is dead". I scrolled down even more and apparently Calavar's name was taken from a word in a fictional language I made that translates to "honor". So ten-year old me technically had a Stormlight quote in a story without even knowing who Brandon Sanderson was :o

Ten year old you sounds pretty complex.

When, during a class, your task is to cross a "crevasse" (A step ladder put in the snow to imitate a chasm in antarctica), and your teacher is talking about how "It's the journey that counts". So I rattled off the first ideals and he completely agreed with me, not knowing the reference.

There is a professor on campus that vaguely (at least in my mind) resembles Hoid. My friend and I have a game to see how many pictures we can take of him showing up at random places. At the end of the month we total the number of pictures and the loser buys dinner.

5 minutes ago, AC12 said:

There is a professor on campus that vaguely (at least in my mind) resembles Hoid. My friend and I have a game to see how many pictures we can take of him showing up at random places. At the end of the month we total the number of pictures and the loser buys dinner.

I actually would really love to do that.

@Shallan's Ward its actually a great game! There are actually several people we play with and each is worth a different number of points. For example mutual acquaintances are 1 point. Professor Hoid is 20 points. The only rule is if they see you take their picture than it doesn't count. If they ask you why you took their picture you loose all points previously gathered for that month.