Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,387 posts in this topic

@Firerust Maybe use a spoiler tag. Honestly, even then it might not be allowed. You would have to ask one of the moderators.

Also, you know your a Sanderfan when in physics class you and a friend begin talking about mistborns going into orbit.

Edited by Ishar

when your friend says "you disappeared for a minute there" and you respond "It's called Elsecalling."

when you and your friend get RAFO'd at a signing and afterwards you're discussing the look on Brandon's face when he RAFO'd you, and you have a good laugh at maybe it's "oh no! they weren't supposed to figure this out for at least a year! I need to accelerate my writing!" (if only....)-_-

When your waiting for the return of The Gifted which is TONIGHT, and you these words come out of your mouth; "I want them to make a new Epic," Five second later, realizes, " Mutant!"

You know you're a Sanderson fan when you see fog rolling in through your windows and think " Sazed!"

you know you're a Sanderson fan when you get annoyed when someone hasn't read any Brandon Sanderson books, and you try to have a deep conversation about the origins of the cognitive realm and the place beyond death. 

6 hours ago, Order said:

You know you're a Sanderson fan when you see fog rolling in through your windows and think "Sazed!"

I was just thinking of one relating to the mist that stuck around after sunrise at my house! I guess it's the time of year for misty things.

That thing scraping at your window? Mistwraith. Don't get your soul stolen!

When you find out you have a random contact on your phone named Hoid. And I have no idea who it is.

Edit: 800th post!!!

Edited by Rebecca

When you write your entry for Cosmere Characters Roast Battle Tournament on a bus, although you know you'll get sick, but you really want to participate.

Ha ha! Okay, so my school has this live stream news thing where they sometimes interview teachers, and today one of the teachers said, "Well, I wanted to be a lawyer, but I realized I was more interested in justice than the law."

I can't decide whether she's a failed Skybreaker or a Skybreaker of the Fifth Ideal!

When you reserve a whole weekend to play the Mistborn Adventure Game with your best friends.

@Rhapsody

It’s pouring outside for days and when it finally lightens up the first thing that comes to mind is the horrible pun of “hey! It’s Misting outside!”

7 hours ago, Silva said:

It’s pouring outside for days and when it finally lightens up the first thing that comes to mind is the horrible pun of “hey! It’s Misting outside!”

are you sure you were just not in the middle of the weeping??

9 minutes ago, Undead Wookiee said:

are you sure you were just not in the middle of the weeping??

Maybe I was...

17 hours ago, Sorana said:

When you reserve a whole weekend to play the Mistborn Adventure Game with your best friends.

@Rhapsody

I'm really looking forward to it :wub:

When you see an Aon on a fellow employee's badge clip nad get excited, but then they said they were just doodling and what is an Aon? Needless to say I was dissapointed. I would have taken a picture but my camera isnt working.

When you are watching LotR for the first time and draw paralells to Sanderson's works. 

7 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

When you are watching LotR for the first time and draw paralells to Sanderson's works. 

First of all, "for the first time"? Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of More-Worldbuilding-Than-Sanderson. It's not a place you commonly come across. Second of all, what parallels did you find?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

First of all, "for the first time"? Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of More-Worldbuilding-Than-Sanderson. It's not a place you commonly come across. Second of all, what parallels did you find?

Yeah, first time. I've only seen FotR. 

Connections: Sauron is Odium, Sauroman is basically Taravangian (he serves the most poweful master)... that one thing in the dwarves cavern is an Unmade, uhh... and I know I had some others, but I stayed up late watching it and forgot. Those are the ones I remember

Edited by Inklingspren

When you sort a huge part of your bookshelf new to find a good spot for Legion.

(It's full :wacko: I have no idea where to put Skyward, or the others still lying around. They trusted me with their pages and stories and I don't even have a nice, warm place for them to stay.) :P

Edited by Sorana

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

When you sort a huge part of your bookshelf new to find a good spot for Legion.

(It's full :wacko: I have no idea where to put Skyward, or the others still lying around. They trusted me with their pages and stories and I don't even have a nice, warm place for them to stay.) :P

I had to get a whole new bookshelf last year to accommodate my collection. I tend to buy books that I don't want to wait for at the library.

...And I also use the shelves above my desk for books...

...and my nightstand has like a half dozen...

You get the idea.

When the best(and only positive) thing about the move to Utah over the summer is you can attend all the Sanderson signings!!! seriously guys i'm so hyped

8 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

I had to get a whole new bookshelf last year to accommodate my collection. I tend to buy books that I don't want to wait for at the library.

...And I also use the shelves above my desk for books...

...and my nightstand has like a half dozen...

You get the idea.

I get the idea. I also have a stack close to the couch in the living room. And the one on the nightstand is a good friend of mine. And I bought a new bookshelf this january. But now I'm out of walls where to place them. Thankfully I lend books to my friends, about 30 are travelling at the moment. That also helps...

I have to admit that I buy almost everything I read. Because I read through the fantasy/ sci fi books at my local library years ago.

The serious problems of a bookworm. :P

When you read all day but still feel deprived since your hold on Legion refuses to become available.

And when you see the startling resemblance between Divergent's plot and that of The Girl Who Looked Up. 

Spoiler

Though one should never compare the two because Divergent is that awful.

Edit: And then your day becomes made because your friend texts you that she's going to drive you insane the next day with talking about TFE. Success after a long fight of even resorting to advertising it as a romance. 

Edited by Silva

1 hour ago, Silva said:

Though one should never compare the two because Divergent is that awful.

I agree completely with this sentence.

I seriously couldn't even finish the first book. Describing Divergent is the only time I don't feel silly using the word 'deplorable.'

Edited by PrinceDusty

When you nearly go nuts over the discussion of Divine investiture and Adonai in Book of Mormon class.