You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 11/12/2017 at 1:37 AM, Necessary Eagle said:

I'm sending my copy of Oathbringer to my brother, who's in Israel for the year. Nobody ever say that I don't make noble sacrifices.

Wow, I admire you a lot. I don't think I'd have the grit to send my copy overseas (thinking of my sister who is overseas for a while and has read SA and loved it) 

4 hours ago, Ookla the maladroit said:

Isn't it instant noodles?

WoB on Hoid and instant noodles:

"He likes his ramens, right? Like any sane person, he likes his instant noodles. Nothing more than that."

Not sure if that answers anything, but figured I'd throw that out there

Source: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/171-oathbringer-release-party/#e8164

Edit: Also, nice Ookla name! xD

Edited by Ookla the Short

Impressive amount of posts here, so sorry if it's already been said but:

When you spend 3 hours trying to explain the Cosmere to a friend in an attempt to make them read it, but end up spoiling everything instead.... :unsure:

The friend I did this to was fine with reading the series anyway until I mentioned that Oathbringer has like 150 chapters. 

2 hours ago, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

Impressive amount of posts here, so sorry if it's already been said but:

When you spend 3 hours trying to explain the Cosmere to a friend in an attempt to make them read it, but end up spoiling everything instead.... :unsure:

The friend I did this to was fine with reading the series anyway until I mentioned that Oathbringer has like 150 chapters. 

When you know that off the top of your head.

That's including the prologue and epilogue.

Edited by Tesh

On 12/13/2017 at 9:03 PM, Tesh said:

When you know that off the top of your head.

That's including the prologue and epilogue.

Well, that's not including the interludes...

Also:

When it's spontaneously super foggy one morning and you're both excited and unsettled by it. (And unsettled is the more fitting feeling. Turns out it was a mix of fog and smog. The Deepness has come to choke us to death!)

When you think it'd be cool to die like a character in his books would (like suffocating in the mist).

When you make a new friend at school just today from both of you fanboying about Oathbringer, then the entire SA, and then the rest of the cosmere. I'm not the only in-depth cosmere-aware Sanderfan at my school and it makes me so happy! I now know of at least four others. Until today it was three. (Edit: It's five now. One of my best friends just finished Bands of Mourning and freaked out about it. Now she has to read Secret History and really get into the cosmere. Muahahahaha!)

When you listen to WoBs on Arcanum just to find out how to pronounce character names and the word RAFO. (Turns out, it's with a short vowel. I'd always read it as a long vowel, like Ray-foe. But no, apparently it's Rah-foe. I actually kinda prefer my pronunciation. Also, I found out I'd been saying Renarin's name wrong for a long time. Oops.)

You know you're a Sharder when you try thinking of Steelrunners, but the word that comes to mind instead is "Steeldancer". (Edit: You're welcome @Steeldancer)

Edited by Ookla the Rusty

When this conversation happens:

Dad: "Your evil minion is following you."

Me: *Looks over shoulder and sees my cat* "Oh, that's just my spren. We've bonded."

Dad: "Really? It's a weird-looking spren. What kind is it?"

Me: *Studies cat intensely. Cat flops onto his back and stretches* "I'm not sure. It hasn't given me any Stormlight powers."

Dad: "Oh, it must be a Voidspren. I saw its eyes glowing red once."