Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,073 posts in this topic

when you try to get your reputation up to see what you are, I get really excited when I get a new reputation.:D

Edited by Jude

On 8/27/2018 at 5:16 PM, Inklingspren said:

When you wonder why someone gave you rep for a post on here minutes ago, when you posted it way back in april. (Which one of you is stalking me?!?!?!)

that might have been me, I only discovered these threads (parts 1 and 2) and decided to start at the beginning and read it all, giving upvotes to posts like they were recent... 

You know you're a sanderfan when you start all the way back at part one of this thread, since july or so, and have almost finished catching up. 

and when you discover something that people used to do on the shard to hide text: it's called  making the text white. 

the way to reveal it is to highlight the posts.

it's really fun. especially because everyone wasted a lot of time looking for the hidden text.

You know you're a sanderfan when you overhear someone talking about gold and you immediately think how sweet it'd be to be a gold twinborn.

When you start headcanoning characters in non-Brandon books as Hoid.

Spoiler

I'm telling you guys, Wilf has to be Hoid. He knows too much. (Chaos Walking Trilogy, by Patrick Ness. Great books, by the way.)

When you debate the best way to convince your band director to base next year's marching show off of the Kaladin soundtrack.

When you find yourself attributing random phenomena to Vax or the black sphere. (or both!)

The black sphere is on Vax. The black sphere is Vax. 

When discovering that a didgeridoo is a real instrument fills you with joy. 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

When you have heard one but don’t know any other significance 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

You... didn't know it was real? Pretty sure it's Australian. 

When you stay up later than you should writing for an RP (I still need to finish the letter KotC. Aghh!!!!)

11 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

You... didn't know it was real? Pretty sure it's Australian. 

I thought it was just something random from David's censoring. 

20 hours ago, Mistspren said:

When you debate the best way to convince your band director to base next year's marching show off of the Kaladin soundtrack.

I would love this. Of course, it'd have to be done in the air... with Lashings...

Wait, "next year's marching show"? You guys only have one a year?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

I would love this. Of course, it'd have to be done in the air... with Lashings...

Wait, "next year's marching show"? You guys only have one a year?

Yeah, we do one ten minute show which we rehearse all marching season. We generally compete nationally, so it takes a lot of practice. You?

Well, we usually have four-ish, but this year we only have three. The first one is Mama Mia :D

(So, of course, I'm gonna have Dancing Queen stuck in my head for the next month...)

What did yours turn out to be?

This year it’s Playing with Fire. Mamma Mia sounds fun. Do you go to any competitions?

YKYASFW you see "hello would" and your mind finishes: "you like to destroy some evil today?"

20 hours ago, Mistspren said:

This year it’s Playing with Fire. Mamma Mia sounds fun. Do you go to any competitions?

No; we're probably not good enough to compete with any level of competency. We are the only school in the district who actually does field shows, though. We're pretty proud of that.

Anyway...

YKYASF when your English class goes to the library for a book talk, and you convince one of your friends to check out Elantris.

Edited by Reckless Reader

When it dawns on you that some people can’t just jump right into Way of Kings - they need to build up a tolerance for large books.

Someone’s talking about Fablehaven, but you thought they were talking about Cosmere since you thought they said “Szeth and Kandra” instead of “Seth and Kendra.”

And finally:

When B.C. and A.D. have a new connotation in your mind.

B.C. = Before Cosmere 

A.D. = After discovery

Edited by Silva

So, I returned Alcatraz vs The Evil Librarians to the library yesterday, and I also worked on a resume. A resume for a job at the public library I returned Alcatraz to. How ironic.

When a mate gets a void on his sports bet and you call him a voidbringer and noone laughs and you realize you need new friends. 

when you accidentally may have asked a girl to go to a sanderson signing with you. Oops. 

8 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

when you accidentally may have asked a girl to go to a sanderson signing with you. Oops

Oops hahaha

16 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

when you accidentally may have asked a girl to go to a sanderson signing with you. Oops. 

More importantly: Did she say yes?

17 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

That sounds like a date to me. How could she say no? :P

Well she was interested in coming but hadn’t read any Sanderson yet. But she was thinking of reading it and then coming with me to the skyward release! 

On 9/18/2018 at 5:43 PM, Rebecca said:

So, I returned Alcatraz vs The Evil Librarians to the library yesterday, and I also worked on a resume. A resume for a job at the public library I returned Alcatraz to. How ironic.

why would you want to join that evil information controlling cult?