Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,387 posts in this topic

When you threaten to murder someone because they won't loan you one of the only three cosmere works you haven't read. You know who you are. I can keep it in mint condition and you can just tell your brother you hid t from him. He'd be annoyed.:angry:

Edited by DarthWoodrack

4 minutes ago, DarthWoodrack said:

When you threaten to murder someone because they won't loan you one of the only three cosmere works you haven't read. You know who you are. I can keep it in mint condition and you can just tell your brother you hid t from him. He'd be annoyed.:angry:

Ummmm

30 minutes ago, King Cole said:

Ummmm

:ph34r:

Edit: How is Kings wit higher in reputation than House Lord? That doesn't make since.

Edit2: When you wonder why no is responding then look at the clock and relize that the amount of time that ypu thought was five minutes was 45 and it's almost 10:00. Oops.:rolleyes:

Edited by DarthWoodrack

1 hour ago, DarthWoodrack said:

Edit: How is Kings wit higher in reputation than House Lord? That doesn't make since.

In my opinion it does ;) Maybe take a look at who the King's wit was.

When you will buy an audiobook of one of Sanderson's books in your native language, and you already have both the book and the audiobook in english, because you finally convinced your husband to try the books out.

When you now spend hours thinking about which book would be best and can't decide. (Anyone has a suggestion?)

When the Shard is the last site you visit before leaving to another country for two years

2 hours ago, The Voiceless One said:

When the Shard is the last site you visit before leaving to another country for two years

Leaving on your Mormon Mission? Good luck if so!

10 hours ago, The Voiceless One said:

:wub: You will be missed.

15 hours ago, Sorana said:

In my opinion it does ;) Maybe take a look at who the King's wit was.

When you will buy an audiobook of one of Sanderson's books in your native language, and you already have both the book and the audiobook in english, because you finally convinced your husband to try the books out.

When you now spend hours thinking about which book would be best and can't decide. (Anyone has a suggestion?)

I would start him with Mistborn. It's a good place to start with the Cosmere, and regardless its a great book.

Personally, TFE is my favorite book, ever.

1 hour ago, Podman36 said:

I would start him with Mistborn. It's a good place to start with the Cosmere, and regardless its a great book.

Personally, TFE is my favorite book, ever.

Same!! TFE is the best.  Also I think both Mistborn eras are fantastic.  (Yes, better than SA, although I do love those books too).

12 hours ago, The Voiceless One said:

If it is your mission, have fun!

When the highlight of your day is meeting @Steeldancer in person for the first time. :D

5b99f6aea74b2_DSCN4107SteeldancerandSunbirdStraightenedSm.jpg.e3c9c1158120916cfc03c669ddaac9ae.jpg

9 hours ago, Sunbird said:

When the highlight of your day is meeting @Steeldancer in person for the first time. :D

5b99f6aea74b2_DSCN4107SteeldancerandSunbirdStraightenedSm.jpg.e3c9c1158120916cfc03c669ddaac9ae.jpg

Same! 

When someone says hurricane Florence and you think Highstorm.

When you get back a foreign language assignment and your teacher tells you she loves the story you wrote for it. It was a mini TFE fanfiction.

HERALDS ABOVE I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

So Nale is pronounced "nail", right? Well, okay, I never really liked that, so I usually just call him Nin. I was thinking -- "it makes it kind of sound like he's a Hemalurgic spike. I mean, it's not like he grants powers or -- OH STORMS NVM HE DOES"

I mean, he pretty much tells the spren who to bond, right?

1 hour ago, Reckless Reader said:

HERALDS ABOVE I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

So Nale is pronounced "nail", right? Well, okay, I never really liked that, so I usually just call him Nin. I was thinking -- "it makes it kind of sound like he's a Hemalurgic spike. I mean, it's not like he grants powers or -- OH STORMS NVM HE DOES"

I mean, he pretty much tells the spren who to bond, right?

It is DEFINITELY Nah-ley.

Anyway...

...When you see this: Capture.PNG.be6ec95c0872c07a390e488fce35387c.PNG

and your first thought is "Scadrial? Nope, doesn't fit, and it would be too obvious anyway." (the actual answer was Gotham, and yes this is from over a month ago, I am catching up.

Edited by Personification

When this is the site you spend longest on over all including google.:ph34r:

IT'S NAIL. (That was hilarious, by the way.)

When you ask your mom to tell you how TKAM ends and she says "Read and find out". (May have been intentional, but I don't think so.) And you say "Don't you RAFO me!"

When you keep reading the shortening of Calpurnia - Cal - as Calil. I then mentioned this to Potency; he thought I said Kal as in Kaladin. So I guess that makes him a Sanderfan :P

When you have a dream that Ashspren published a book, and you were in it. It was like a mix of cosmere, Harry Potter, and Warriors (Erin Hunter). I don't even know.

When you hear "Royal tomb of Ur" and you think, "That guy was royal? In what country?"

When you discover the definition of animism, and decide that Awakening is a better name. (Secondarily, I considered animus dragons.)

When you hear the word irrelevant, and of course TLT pops into your head.

When you wish you wrote down more than just Waxed and Wayned to remind yourself to put that on here, because now you can't remember why.

When you wonder if the royal bearing of the color purple could make people ignore the fact that you're darkeyed.

When you get bored and try to write your next RP post. (I say try because there was way too much I needed to check from previous posts.)

When you misread Urartu as Urteau. And then Urithiru.

When, for the barest instant, you consider signing up to the roast contest as the black sphere.

When you think Babylon looks like how Luthadel does in your head.

When you see Ishtar and think Ishar. Followed by Ishar the Sharder.

When the words "Great-Auntie Syl" almost make you burst out laughing, and think of Sylphrena as an aunt.

When you write down all of this, just to share on here.

Edited by AonEne
thinking to think

6 minutes ago, AonEne said:

When you wish you wrote down more than just Waxed and Wayned to remind yourself to put that on here, because now you can't remember why.

This just reminds me of the Karate Kid. “Wax on. Wax off.” But instead it’s, “Waxed on. Wayned off.”

When you're reading something non-Sanderson and thinking  "this would be so much easier with a Shardblade...." 

7BE417F9-5DC1-4C84-8898-CABD789798CB.gif

I didn’t make this but use this in your book

Edited by I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you try to get your reputation up to see what you are, I get really excited when I get a new reputation.:D

Edited by Jude