You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 12/5/2017 at 6:33 PM, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When you're just sitting on the couch and have this random thought of the Stormfather singing "Friend Like Me" to Dalinar, and then you choke on your own saliva and start laughing and coughing at the same time. 

That's amazing. Sometimes, when I'm listening to music and need something else to occupy my mind, I will imagine characters (more often than not Sanderson characters) singing or dancing to the songs. 

Current favorites include Bridge Four singing to the Cheetah Girls with a synchronized dance number, the Mistborn crew enthusiastically dancing the Cotton-Eyed Joe dance, and Odium singing Be Prepared, complete with a backup girl chorus.

It's hilarious.

Edited by Brightness Enna

On 12/5/2017 at 5:33 PM, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When you're just sitting on the couch and have this random thought of the Stormfather singing "Friend Like Me" to Dalinar, and then you choke on your own saliva and start laughing and coughing at the same time. 

Why did you have to say that?

*chokes, then starts laughing maniacally*

1 hour ago, Brightness Enna said:

That's amazing. Sometimes, when I'm listening to music and need something else to occupy my mind, I will imagine characters (more often than not Sanderson characters) singing or dancing to the songs. 

Current favorites include Bridge Four singing to the Cheetah Girls with a synchronized dance number, the Mistborn crew enthusiastically dancing the Cotton-Eyed Joe dance, and Odium singing Be Prepared, complete with a backup girl chorus.

It's hilarious.

I do this all the time. One time we were in the car driving to our band competition and my friends had Disney songs on Pandora. The whole time I was imagining cosmere characters singing and dancing to the songs. Kaladin, as it turns out, can sing a very delightful "I'll make a man out of you".

When you start applying Cosmere logic to other shows even if they only fit in loosely. I glanced over the Bleach anime and thought, “The swords are sentient because they’re highly invested objects. The only difference is that the ‘spren’ here came from the people using them.” 

Same thing happened when I was watching Supernatural and they found an artifact called a ‘Hand of God’ which is an object imbued with God’s power. I thought, “Aah, I see. A splinter.”

When you used to be very introverted, but when you learned of the shard you have tried quite hard to get others to read Sanderson's books.

Actually I've given someone a copy of the first Mistborn, and someone else I've gotten to get Elantris from the library(I don't have my own copy).

Yay, I was successful! ^_^

When you finally have enough cosmere books that you can't fit them all on one Sandershelf, so you make the shelf on the other side of your bed into another one.

image1.thumb.jpeg.d6e3ca7e3212057f492e10fedf4d3f9e.jpegimage2.thumb.jpeg.1dbf208443886cc7d23e9a79f308ab5d.jpeg

(Don't know why the photos are sideways, but whatevs). I finally have ten cosmere novels and one cosmere story collection. WEEHEE! Though technically, all of them are my dad's, except for Arcanum Unbounded. He doesn't mind too much that I keep them by me.

You're also a Sanderfan when you hope to accidentally meet Brandon Sanderson whenever you go to American Fork.

I'm currently trying to convert the youth at my church before I go to people anywhere else. (I doubt I would actually talk to people I'm not comfortable with so...)

When you have a sister that aspires to become an author, so you continuously tell her about Sanderson because he has some amazing writing and writing tips, but she refuses to read any of his books on her own time, (she has listened to all of the Alcatraz series on audio) and it breaks your heart. :(

5 minutes ago, CrazyManth3 said:

I'm currently trying to convert the youth at my church before I go to people anywhere else. (I doubt I would actually talk to people I'm not comfortable with so...)

When you have a sister that aspires to become an author, so you continuously tell her about Sanderson because he has some amazing writing and writing tips, but she refuses to read any of his books on her own time, (she has listened to all of the Alcatraz series on audio) and it breaks your heart. :(

Tie her down, gag her so she can't speak, and start reading mistborn out loud. eventually she'll have to listen.

If that doesn't work, nothing will.

:)

Edited by Benjamin_Stormblessed

19 minutes ago, Benjamin_Stormblessed said:

Tie her down, gag her so she can't speak, and start reading mistborn out loud. eventually she'll have to listen.

If that doesn't work, nothing will.

:)

I don't think she or my family members would appreciate that.

When you think that all of those martial arts people on the shard should try some Chayshan on for size. ;)

On 12/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, Tesh said:

I got someone to read Steel heart and Firefight.

Nothing more.

I am sad.

Storming kids at my school never listen to my book recommendations. I spend my whole lunch time trying to lead people I know to the Sanderson shelf in the library. I eventually drag them there, explain SA and Mistborn, and by the time I'm done explaining all the plots and how amazing they are, the kid leaves the library with a copy of Divergent or something. On the bright side, I've gotten around two people to read Reckoners, one person to read The Rithmatist, and my best friend to read Mistborn (he's now reading The Way of Kings, so I am a happy obsessive child). 

Edited by Warbreaker_Weiss

When you accidentally spell protein like protien.

When you think you hear someone say that their teacher keeps pairing them up with thaylens.

When you spend all of your free time pondering the mysteries of the Cosmere.

When your teacher askes you to write about if you could be friends with anyone, who would it be, and you write a giant paragraph about how Kaladin would be the coolest friend ever. 

When Christmas is a time to get people to buy books for you.

1 hour ago, Truthweaver said:

When you read A Christmas Carol and imagine the Christmas Past ghost as an honorspren, the Christmas Present ghost as Rock, and the Christmas Future ghost as an Unmade.

Imaginary upvote!

When your friend just started reading The Way of Kings and he says, "I wish I had a shard sword and shard armor" and you just glare at him and say, "We do not refer to Shardplate as "shard armor", and we do not refer to Shardblades as "shard swords". These are rules you must learn to follow, my young padawan." 

Just now, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When your friend just started reading The Way of Kings and he says, "I wish I had a shard sword and shard armor" and you just glare at him and say, "We do not refer to Shardplate as "shard armor", and we do not refer to Shardblades as "shard swords". These are rules you must learn to follow, my young padawan." 

Another imaginary upvote!

When

Wait, this airport's bookstore has Oathbringer?

THIS AIRPORT'S BOOKSTORE HAS OATHBRINGER.

But my flight boards in 8 minutes.

Ten Heartbeats. I don't care.

Yeah, that was a while ago, but I am a slow reader, and I did return to earth (from Roshar) on foot.

Alas, I have Returned (to the 17th Shard, etc., but not before destroying lots of evil :rolleyes:)

Edited by Xaladin
Removing an OB spoiler