Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

8,095 posts in this topic

When you have a nightmare about your friend who you lent TFE to, returning your book in horrible condition. *shudders* It felt so real. And it was awful.

When you paint glyphs on the black cases of your mobiles to keep them apart.

When you check 17th shard 17 times a day... I might have a problem:D

When you have your phone notifications to ping you when there is an email. (I don't turn off those notifications, I need to know who said what and where)

Also, @Firerust, you caught me at a bad time. I'm learning new pieces right now, so they don't sound very good. And yes, I play piano (and trombone, but I'm usually just support)

Edit: also, my science teacher started talking about Cohesion and Adhesion, and I just kinda smiled. No one in the class reads Sanderson, unfortunately.

Edited by Inklingspren

My math teacher just said "colon" and I heard "Kholin". It took me a full three seconds to figure it out.

Edit: My bio teacher just said "collect" and I heard "Kelek". My brain is on vacation to Roshar, apparently.

Also, what is the difference between Cohesion and Adhesion?

Edited by Reckless Reader

7 hours ago, Reckless Reader said:

My math teacher just said "colon" and I heard "Kholin". It took me a full three seconds to figure it out.

Edit: My bio teacher just said "collect" and I heard "Kelek". My brain is on vacation to Roshar, apparently.

Also, what is the difference between Cohesion and Adhesion?

:lol: brain autocorrecting to the proper thing.

Cohesion is a substance sticking to itself, I.e. Water droplets. Adhesion is one substance sticking to another, i.e. condensation on a cup.

also, a surgebinder using cohesion could actually UNbind molecules, with practice. You could literally un-make someone... don't get on stonewards or willshaper's bad sides.

when you relate real-life physics to sanderson physics. Or learn about one from the other. Or just focus way too much on fictional physics (metallurgy is kinda confusing TBH applying to real life. Storing weight, but not losing any physical mass? I kinda get it, but still.)

On 9/5/2018 at 7:20 AM, Jude said:

When you check 17th shard 17 times a day... I might have a problem:D

only 17 times a day??? lightweight

On 9/5/2018 at 9:24 AM, Inklingspren said:

also, my science teacher started talking about Cohesion and Adhesion, and I just kinda smiled.

That’s kind of freaky, since that’s exactly what happened in my bio class today...he even used the word ‘bind’ without realizing how fitting it was.

Spoiler

Take that all my friends who are annoying since they gave up on Sanderson! Our school isn’t pathetically behind everyone else!

Spoiler

They bug me half to death with complaints about the education we’re getting.

Spoiler

The other half is how one of them just stopped reading in the middle of Mistborn

Spoiler

She has yet to be forgiven 

When you realize that being a Sanderson fan isn’t a life choice, it’s an automatic thought process.

1 hour ago, Silva said:

That’s kind of freaky, since that’s exactly what happened in my bio class today...he even used the word ‘bind’ without realizing how fitting it was.

Just curious, is your bio teacher's last name Pratt?

On 9/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, Inklingspren said:

Just curious, is your bio teacher's last name Pratt?

Nope. It’s not.

Edited by Silva

2 hours ago, Silva said:

Nope. It’s Berenson.

Ah. I was just wondering if we had the same teacher. That would be really weird...

When your friends are talking about some of those depressing, dog dies/cancer books, and they’re trying to get you to read some, and your tempted to say, “Sorry, I don’t read fantasy books.”

When you see someone on Twitter mention "whatever the Rock is cooking" and you immediately think they're talking about a certain Horneater. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

When you see someone on Twitter mention "whatever the Rock is cooking" and you immediately think they're talking about a certain Horneater. :lol:

When you only read the first part of the post but think the same thing.

When you take 4.5 minutes staring at a post because you don’t know who the OP is referring to by the Rock of they’re not referring to Rock.

Then it hits you.

When a crate falls on your leg at your part-time job and you go "Nights!"

Or "Storms!", whichever you do. Sometimes I invent my own cosmere swearing.

When you're doing your QCS test (for anyone who doesn't know, the Queensland Core Skills test is a big 4 part literacy/numeracy test you do in your final year of school as a means of scaling your grades to generate an Overall Position [OP] score) and one of the questions is about metals. And you freak out and get super annoyed because they listed bronze as being made up of copper and zinc when it should be copper and tin.

Spoilers for Coco

Spoiler

When you realize that Ernesto de la Cruz is pretty much the Pixar Amaram.

3 hours ago, Firerust said:

Spoilers for Coco

Reveal hidden contents

When you realize that Ernesto de la Cruz is pretty much the Pixar Amaram.

Alternately, if you've seen Coco and somehow haven't read SA, spoilers for WoK. :D

You know you're a Sanderfan when you open the Shard before your school website. Also, Coppermind. Sometimes Arcanum. In my opinion, anything should come before the school website. But especially the Shard.

:ph34r:

Edited by Reckless Reader

When you see "Compounding Pharmacy" on the side of a building and wonder how they got the Bands of Mourning.

When you're reading a book with someone named Archer in it, and you just keep on thinking that TUBA is about to show up. And then he dies, and you wonder idly which death this is, because then you'll know whether to expect Forgery and soul reclaiming or Returned and Breath.

When you're rewriting a school paper that you put way too much whimsy in, and this is your thought:

"This is really tearing the soul out of this. Well, part of the soul anyway. Oh, wait. Is this what Hemalurgy feels like?"

And then you invest precious time into wondering if Hemalurgy would really be that painful.

59 minutes ago, Kairos said:

When you're rewriting a school paper that you put way too much whimsy in, and this is your thought:

"This is really tearing the soul out of this. Well, part of the soul anyway. Oh, wait. Is this what Hemalurgy feels like?"

And then you invest precious time into wondering if Hemalurgy would really be that painful.

Then invest even more of that time on the Shard :P

When you are interacting with the Voltron fandom and see that someone identifies as a Shaladin shipper and you wonder why they would be talking about Shallan x Kaladin on a Voltron form.  You google it and realize that Shaladin is not the same thing as Shalladin.

Also when the first thing you do upon realizing this is to post here.

Also whenever you interact with the Voltron fandom how you wish they were more like the Sanders fandom and more like the 17th Shard.  (Thank you all for being wonderful people, who I can safely interact with without worries.)

5 minutes ago, Devout Pathian said:

Also whenever you interact with the Voltron fandom how you wish they were more like the Sanders fandom and more like the 17th Shard.  (Thank you all for being wonderful people, who I can safely interact with without worries.)

We're awesome like that. Also humble. :ph34r:

But that's the reason why I stay away from the RWBY FNDM. If you're ever scarred, come to us and we will murder whoever may have harmed you. I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. I will stop those who kill innocents.

Edited by AonEne

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

We're awesome like that. Also humble. :ph34r:

But that's the reason why I stay away from the RWBY FNDM. If you're ever scarred, come to us and we will murder whoever may have harmed you. I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. I will stop those who kill innocents.

Haha.  Thanks for the backup, but thankfully I’ve never been threatened, but some people have threatened the actors!!! Storms people that’s not okay.  They need to take a chill pill, like maybe a thousand.

Another Coco/Cosmere (aka Cocosmere) connection:

When you realize the Land of the Dead is the Cognitive Realm because death is a two-stage event in which there is first physical death and then the final thought death.