You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

Oh, I so wish I could do it.

But I'm 12 hours away. *sigh*

Foolish mortal. You think a mere 12 hours can stop me? I had to *hem* *hem* *hem*. Sorry ‘bout that. I flew out here! The whole time Brandon has been like, “If you are sane, you’ll probably just leave with a signed, non personalized copy. That is the smart thing to do.”

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you spend that whole time thinking, “Well, good thing I’m not sane!”

5 minutes ago, podman36 said:

Foolish mortal. You think a mere 12 hours can stop me? I had to *hem* *hem* *hem*. Sorry ‘bout that. I flew out here! The whole time Brandon has been like, “If you are sane, you’ll probably just leave with a signed, non personalized copy. That is the smart thing to do.”

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you spend that whole time thinking, “Well, good thing I’m not sane!”

I also can't drive. (Driving a truck on some dirt roads once doesn't count. Well, at least according to my dad).

I'm also going to try to watch the release live. It may not work, though.

19 minutes ago, Tesh said:

I also can't drive. (Driving a truck on some dirt roads once doesn't count. Well, at least according to my dad).

I'm also going to try to watch the release live. It may not work, though.

I wish you the best of luck. 

The cover is slightly dirty. The corners slightly bent. The spine looks like the book was opened by someone who doesn't care about the apperence of books. It's what I get for ordering online. I could return it, and get another copy, but I can't wait that long... But I also want to get a really nice book.

Suggestions?

Spoiler

IMG_20171114_143550.thumb.jpg.52e79fb94e6fe6d0dc49e53e36ca6381.jpgIMG_20171114_144816.thumb.jpg.d65ac9022dcdef80c216f1acd8885e09.jpgIMG_20171114_144834.thumb.jpg.c5cc3d6645bc00891082e1207f779794.jpgIMG_20171114_144850.thumb.jpg.20bd33d43101f9366d5af3986e6bb67c.jpgIMG_20171114_144908.thumb.jpg.46df47c6f75c9b3843ccefc675c13e96.jpg

Edited by Tesh

3 hours ago, Tesh said:

The cover is slightly dirty. The corners slightly bent. The spine looks like the book was opened by someone who doesn't care about the apperence of books. It's what I get for ordering online. I could return it, and get another copy, but I can't wait that long... But I also want to get a really nice book.

Suggestions?

Hide contents

IMG_20171114_143550.thumb.jpg.52e79fb94e6fe6d0dc49e53e36ca6381.jpgIMG_20171114_144816.thumb.jpg.d65ac9022dcdef80c216f1acd8885e09.jpgIMG_20171114_144834.thumb.jpg.c5cc3d6645bc00891082e1207f779794.jpgIMG_20171114_144850.thumb.jpg.20bd33d43101f9366d5af3986e6bb67c.jpgIMG_20171114_144908.thumb.jpg.46df47c6f75c9b3843ccefc675c13e96.jpg

If it really bugs you, I would send it in. As I see it, your options include the following:

1) Returning it and reading the ebook.      

2) Reading it, then returning afterward. 

3) Order a new copy, reading from the old one. When the new one arrives, send back the old. 

Hope it works out!

43 minutes ago, podman36 said:

If it really bugs you, I would send it in. As I see it, your options include the following:

1) Returning it and reading the ebook.      

2) Reading it, then returning afterward. 

3) Order a new copy, reading from the old one. When the new one arrives, send back the old. 

Hope it works out!

I'm probably going to do 3. I have some family coming on Friday, and they live in Utah. One of them is going to try to find a copy at Deseret Book, and if she can, she'll bring it when she comes, and I'll pay her back. If it doesn't work, I'm definitely doing 3. If they do still have a copy, I'd read some other books while waiting (SoS) and return OB as soon as I hear she can find a copy.

*sigh* You know you are a Sanderfan when this happens.

Or you know you are way to OCD when it comes to books when this happens. (It's literally the only thing I'm OCD about).

When you win 1st place in the 140 something questions long Cosmere Marathon quiz at the signing. ‘Nough said. 

Spoiler

Disclaimer: Not ‘nough said. You know for sure you’re a Sanderfan when this makes you incredibly filled with joy and pride. Then you realize you got a couple stupid ones wrong and decide to do the 140 something question long quiz again to fix those. 

Spoiler

Then you feel so stupid that you kept calling Wayne a Pulser instead of a Slider. Why, you stupid finger, why?

Spoiler

For those of you who were there, my username for the quiz was AonEda or Aon Eda.

Edited by podman36

On 11/14/2017 at 9:13 PM, podman36 said:

When you win 1st place in the 140 something questions long Cosmere Marathon quiz at the signing. ‘Nough said. 

Hide contents

Disclaimer: Not ‘nough said. You know for sure you’re a Sanderfan when this makes you incredibly filled with joy and pride. Then you realize you got a couple stupid ones wrong and decide to do the 140 something question long quiz again to fix those. 

Hide contents

Then you feel so bad that you kept calling Wayne a Pulser instead of a Slider. Why, you stupid finger, why?

Hide contents

For those of you who were there, my username for the quiz was AonEda or Aon Eda.

I was there!  Dang I was impressed!

I just got a new copy of OB. (The first one I got was pretty beat up). It's in almost perfect condition. The only annoying thing is that the ink inside of the dust jacket is rubbing off a little on the cover. It doesn't effect the map itself, but I do wish they had chosen to put the map on the cover that wasn't yellow...

But I'm keeping this one, and I'm hopefully going to start reading it today.

23 minutes ago, Truthweaver said:

When you try to inconspicously read Oathbringer at a family reunion. Unfortunately, there is nothing inconspicuous about Oathbringer or my reactions while reading it.

That's me... (Even though I haven't started OB yet. I will today or tomorrow, though).

2 hours ago, Truthweaver said:

When you try to inconspicously read Oathbringer at a family reunion. Unfortunately, there is nothing inconspicuous about Oathbringer or my reactions while reading it.

Lol this has been me in all of my college classes this week... just finished like 30 minutes ago and I've probably scarred my roommate with all my rambling and various noises

When you're about to march onto the field and perform your final show in the marching band season, and instead of panicking about your performance, your mind just comes up with a random cosmere pun and you have to hold back laughter so you're instructor doesn't scream at you for not staying quiet.

Spoiler

Q: Why did Kaladin join the order of the Windrunners?

A: Because he was a surgeon.

Here's the joke that randomly came into my head: