You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When your sister’s dog “accidentally” has puppies at your house and since they can’t be moved for 8 weeks then you get to take care of puppies for two months. So you get naming rights. 

The white (assassin) male: Szeth

Then you get into an argument with your kids because you want to name the black male Pattern (Stormlight) and they want to name him Alcatraz (the Dark Talent)  

C89CF867-B012-4223-BDE7-CFEB75A05DE9.jpeg

8F2FCAB4-2278-4A71-9FAE-2DD6C7F9F63A.jpeg

Edited by JoyBlu

1 hour ago, JoyBlu said:

When your sister’s dog “accidentally” has puppies at your house and since they can’t be moved for 8 weeks then you get to take care of puppies for two months. So you get naming rights. 

Then you get into an argument with your kids because you want to name the black male Pattern (Stormlight) and they want to name him Alcatraz (the Dark Talent)  

if you need a puppy . . . 

Reveal hidden contents

Puppies will be ready for their new homes on Dec 1st. I can deliver to any major US airport for no additional cost. Message me if interested

“Szeth-son-son-Spot, Truthless of the Fuzzy Blue Blanket. I hold your Oathstone, and command you to- no, stop peeing on that, that has my grandma inside! Bad Truthless, bad Truthless!”

Edited by podman36

3 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

if you need a puppy . . . 

Hide contents

Puppies will be ready for their new homes on Dec 1st. I can deliver to any major US airport for no additional cost. Message me if interested

This is the cutest thing I've seen and read all day and made me super happy so I just wanted to comment a big thanks haha.

7 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

You think to yourself "Oh no! I wanted to do a Stormlight reread before Oathbringer came out, but I got so distracted adding Arcanum stuff to the Coppermind I don't have enough time anymore."

Thank you for your sacrifice. Love the Coppermind!

When you realize your local store releases both the sleek european cover version that matches your other books and the Jasnah-being-a-badass cover version in hardcover, and you get stressed out because you can't decide.

Do I match my other books, or do I fangirl over Jasnah ...?

7 hours ago, Penumbra said:

When you realize your local store releases both the sleek european cover version that matches your other books and the Jasnah-being-a-badass cover version in hardcover, and you get stressed out because you can't decide.

Do I match my other books, or do I fangirl over Jasnah ...?

tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif

When you plan to disappear at 9 PM PST on the 13th, from both the Shard, and discord, to avoid accidental spoilers, until you finish OB. 

I have come to think of this as the Dark glory. I will revel in the Thrill of Consumption, and desperately miss you all. 

Edited by Calderis

Re-Re-read first two stormlight books, and now I STILL HAVE TO WAIT!! AHHHHH!!!, I finished my quest. I finished all other Cosmere works other than White sand, and Arcanum Unbound. I can't do White Sand until I get back to the states. I had to spend my allowance "I'm 30 years old", because my wife wouldn't let me over spend the account. but I did it.. But I still have to patiently wait AFTER I download Oathbringer, to finish Arcanum unbound.

I think I'm going to just skip to the Lift section, Any other books other than Edgedancer that have S.A. Tid bits that are note worthy? Or can I just skip to Edge Dancer Consume it in one day and pick up on Oathbringer a day late?

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Knghtstlker said:

Re-Re-read first two stormlight books, and now I STILL HAVE TO WAIT!! AHHHHH!!!, I finished my quest. I finished all other Cosmere works other than White sand, and Arcanum Unbound. I can't do White Sand until I get back to the states. I had to spend my allowance "I'm 30 years old", because my wife wouldn't let me over spend the account. but I did it.. But I still have to patiently wait AFTER I download Oathbringer, to finish Arcanum unbound.

I think I'm going to just skip to the Lift section, Any other books other than Edgedancer that have S.A. Tid bits that are note worthy? Or can I just skip to Edge Dancer Consume it in one day and pick up on Oathbringer a day late?

Thoughts?

Secret History, while not directly related to SA, has some great insights into the Cosmere in general and would probably worth a pre-OB read.

When you show your friend a countdown on your phone to Oathbringer's release, and he says he remembers seeing it last year when you showed him after first creating it when the release date was announced. 

When you constantly look at your phone's countdown to see how much time is left today and…there's only a single digit number of hours left until OB is released! 

17 minutes ago, Taliax said:

When you camp out for the release, in spite of it being 40 degrees or less outside and having 8 am class the next morning, mostly just for fun.

Oh, I so wish I could do it.

But I'm 12 hours away. *sigh*