You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

When you and your two younger siblings are running/sliding around in your socks, and you yell Abrasion! Abrasion! For pretty much the whole time. It was really fun.

That sounds so perfect.

When you convince your parents to get you a flight to Utah a week ahead of the Thanksgiving trip so you can go to the opening night signing with your uncle and cousins. I'm so excited!

36 minutes ago, podman36 said:

That sounds so perfect.

It was.

Until my brother sat on my head.

36 minutes ago, podman36 said:

When you convince your parents to get you a flight to Utah a week ahead of the Thanksgiving trip so you can go to the opening night signing with your uncle and cousins. I'm so excited!

That's awesome!

I tried to convince my parents.

It didn't work. So I just preordered it.

1 hour ago, Taliax said:

When you make a playlist full of music to cheer you up, and you name it Tien.

I named my profile picture Tein...

When you see Criptics in the shadows of your room. (I've also been listening to the SA audiobooks NONSTOP for a awhile now, and that's not helping).

9 minutes ago, Draginon said:

I was looking through some extra books at work and one popped out at me. That one was Owl Moon by... Jane Yolen! If BS wasn't such a big fan of hers I wouldn't have noticed this.

Is that where the name for the planet Yolen came from??

11 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

When your school librarian asks you to update them on new Sanderson releases

My Tae-Kwon-Do instructor asked me when the Oathbringer release is.

He just finished the SA. He's read the Mistborn books. But he hadn't heard of Edgedancer, and he isn't Cosmere-aware.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:05 PM, Ammanas said:

When you create your own shardblade to present to Brandon Sanderson. I am not sure if others have posted this story, but it's pretty cool:

https://www.tor.com/2017/10/20/crafting-a-shardblade-for-brandon-sanderson-2/#more-144619

@Ammanas, I have held this sword. Well done. 

When you plan on trips a few years in advance and worry about book releases. I'm a little concerned about this with my plans for the sabbatical in 2020 since that's supposed to be the year of SA4 and I doubt I'll be in a country that speaks English at the time it releases, unless it comes out after September then I'll be set to get it.

18 hours ago, Taliax said:

Is that where the name for the planet Yolen came from??

Yes. Her dragon books were his first fantasy books he read apparently.

On 10/25/2017 at 8:19 AM, Shqueeves said:

When your school librarian asks you to update them on new Sanderson releases

On 10/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, Tesh said:

My Tae-Kwon-Do instructor asked me when the Oathbringer release is.

He just finished the SA. He's read the Mistborn books. But he hadn't heard of Edgedancer, and he isn't Cosmere-aware.

Funny story: My department at work had our Halloween party today, and my coworkers were all asking me for updates on the latest Sanderson news. XD

When your dad says something about spiked punch, and you immediately think that the punch has hemurgalic spikes in it.

When you're typing an essay for Astronomy, and you keep accidentally putting Cosmere in the place of solar system, galaxy, universe, etc.

The company I am working at is celebrating the launch of our new product today. My calendar reminder popped up saying "Ship party" in 15 minutes. I groaned inwardly as my mind first assumed it meant that I was going to a party where everyone debates who they "ship" in the various series.

Edited by CaptainRyan

9 minutes ago, CaptainRyan said:

The company I am working out is celebrating the launch of our new product today. My calendar reminder popped up saying "Ship party" in 15 minutes. I groaned inwardly as my mind first assumed it meant that I was going to a party where everyone debates who they "ship" in the various series.

I agree 100% with your opinion on that.