Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,062 posts in this topic

When you try to find grounds to sue your library when they stop carrying most of Brandon Sandersons books. I'm still working on it.

When you look at your history and have to scroll far not to find a 17th shard link

When you're so proud of the fact that you bought the last copy of white sand from Barnes and Nobles! (Which was so good btw)

When your desktop background at work shows the symbol of Scadrial and you love to answer the question "what does that mean?".

18 hours ago, Silva said:

When you look at your history and have to scroll far not to find a 17th shard link

That means that you have closed he tab one the website. How dare you!

You know your a Sanderfan when you had just finished Way of Kings and was in the mood for some short fiction, so you pull out mistborn.

52 minutes ago, DarthWoodrack said:

in the mood for some short fiction, so you pull out mistborn.

When Mistborn counts as short fiction.

You know you are a sanderfan when:

1. your entire history on your computer is various pages of the coppermind, seventeenth shard, and brandon sanderson website. 
  2. You haven't closed this site in months
  3. You read the entire mistborn series again every time you have a question
  4. When you can spend days wondering about the effects of Hemalurgy in beavers
  5. You can confuse your mom (who introduced my to Brandon Sanderson) about mistborn in a couple of sentences
  6. When you begin to forget the difference between the cosmere and... um, the other place. The, thing. With, like, no magic I think?
  7. You know you are a sanderfan when you get someone into Brandon Sanderson enough that they start a successful seventeenth shard account and go on almost as often as you do
  8. When you have made Brandon Sanderson the favorite author of all but one of your family, and get into arguments over the subject with the last family member all the time, eventually ending in walking away with a final shout of "Cremling!"/"airsick lowlander!"/"Storming Fool!"/Rusts and Ruin!"/"Calamity!"
  9. When you get confused that people don't understand your lectures on the similarities between cremlings and beetles and the differences between spren and ghosts
  10. When you can offhand come up with nine different things for this thread

1 hour ago, DarthWoodrack said:

That means that you have closed he tab one the website. How dare you!

You know your a Sanderfan when you had just finished Way of Kings and was in the mood for some short fiction, so you pull out mistborn.

No. It means I’ve clicked on to too many topics.

1 hour ago, Silva said:

No. It means I’ve clicked on to too many topics.

Oh. right. Sorry....

You know you're a Sanderfan when this happens...

Characters: ME, FRIEND A, FRIEND B

ME:  I swear, I haven't seen you in forever, Friend A. Are you still reading a lot of books and stuff?

FRIEND A:  Yeah. Y'know, I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately. My boyfriend introduced me to this author... do you know Brandon–

ME, FRIEND A:  SANDERSON?

ME, FRIEND A:  AHHHHHH!!!! (jump up and down for a minute straight)

ME, FRIEND A:  (freak out about Sanderson for two hours, while FRIEND B sits by, confused)

FRIEND B:  How have you guys been talking about this for so long?!?!

ME:  Well, you see... Sanderson's books are incredibly long, like 1000 pages of pure awesomeness, so we need to spend a proportionate amount of time talking about them.

FRIEND A:  It's logic.

FRIEND B:  ...I need to start reading these. 

ME:  After, like, months of me trying to get you to read Sanderson books... this was all it took?!

FRIEND B:  Yeah, I guess...

ME:  Ok, so one thing before you start reading... (grabs FRIEND B's shoulders, looks into their eyes)

ME:  Hoid.

When you have had two dreams about Brandon coming to your school.

When your dream is to go to the fourth MB release. 

You know you’re a Sanderfan (Can we abbreviate this?... YKYASF?) when you make a roast battle tournament for Cosmere characters... 

I need 16 people, and have 2 so far. If anyone is interested, check it out please!

2 hours ago, Tesh said:

I’ve had dreams about teaming up with some friends to steal Brandon’s notes and learn all of the secrets about Hoid’s backstory... #noregrets :ph34r: 

Also, you know you’re a Sanderfan when you learn that Lea Michele’s engagement ring diamond is cut in a style called a “radiant cut,” and start to realize that maybe Glee is just a TV show to showcase how Lightweavers show off their artistic powers with no Stormlight to surgebind with...

Edited by Ashspren

4 hours ago, Tesh said:

Same! TLM is going to be legit!

14 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Same! TLM is going to be legit!

WARNING! IMPROPER USE OF LEGIT!

Legit= legitimate

TLM is going to be legitimate? Yes, it will be. It's also going to be awesome.

You know you are a sanderfan when:

1. You spend all of your spendable money buying Brandon Sanderson books (including some you have already read) to grow your collection
  2. You have convinced your mom to preorder wax and wayne 4 the moment it becomes available to preorder
  3. You check for Brandon Sanderson book signings as often as possible, to find out if one is near you
  4. You read half of Oathbringer in a day
  5. You sit in your house, reading and randomly smiling or laughing, confusing your family members (reading Oathbringer, haven't had a chance until know)
  6. Your entire extended family knows you as "the guy who reads fantasy during family gatherings", and you get mad that they are genrallizing fantasy, and include steelheart in that category of fantasy when it is more accurately science fiction
  7. Anyone who seems like they have the brain type that can comprehend some of your rants, you spend hours lecturing them on different facets of the cosmere and the reckoners multiverse, with no regard for if they care or want to listen in the slightest
  8. Your dreams consist entirely of mistborn, the stormlight archive, the rithmatist, the reckoners, going to Brandon Sanderson signings, and Brandon Sanderson coming to my school
  9. You are trying to figure out the scientific solution to how to create new hemalurgic animals so you could make a short story about a hemalurgic scientist
  10. When you can without to much thinking come up with another set of answers for this thread

2 hours ago, Tesh said:

WARNING! IMPROPER USE OF LEGIT!

Legit= legitimate

TLM is going to be legitimate? Yes, it will be. It's also going to be awesome.

Yes, but the current societal denotation of 'legit' is equivalent to the dictionary definition of awesome. Vindication.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you think of the gun when you use the word Vindication 

Edited by Wyndlerunner

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you think of the gun when you use the word Vindication 

Doesn't everyone who's read Wax and Wayne?

When you read that they haven't figured out a bullet for bloodmakers, and spend hours thinking up one. 

Spoiler

Idea: Bullet expands hooks into flesh, getting stuck in there. It would either drain the bloodmakers reserves, or totally drain there reserves and injure or kill them. Would not work with a double gold, but those are incredibly rare.

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

When you read that they haven't figured out a bullet for bloodmakers, and spend hours thinking up one. 

Hide contents

Idea: Bullet expands hooks into flesh, getting stuck in there. It would either drain the bloodmakers reserves, or totally drain there reserves and injure or kill them. Would not work with a double gold, but those are incredibly rare.

Metal casing with glass shards contained in a thin metal casing. Designed to spread glass shrapnel throughout flesh upon impact. The chances of them having enough reserves to survive that are very low. Also, why don't they just cut of their head with a Katana? That would be very very fast.

That creates a whole new set of problems. If they have enough healing and it stored in both the body and the head, could they regrow as two different people? Would the body become full? The head?

22 hours ago, Sorana said:

When your desktop background at work shows the symbol of Scadrial and you love to answer the question "what does that mean?".

It would be better if they knew without having to be told, though.

50 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

That creates a whole new set of problems. If they have enough healing and it stored in both the body and the head, could they regrow as two different people? Would the body become full? The head?

Probably which ever had the reserves. If both do, than probably the one with the most.

Edited by Tesh

3 minutes ago, Tesh said:

Probably which ever had the reserves. If both do, than probably the one with the most.

Wayne once said that a Bloodmaker could survive pretty much anything if they knew it was coming. For example, a fall that Wayne could never survive unassisted could be survived if he started tapping before hand.

55 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

It would be better if they knew without having to be told, though.

They do by now. I made sure of that :)

When you reread the mistborn books to figure out what exactly they are eating, because you want to cook something fitting for the next pen and paper evening.

When you're sister is reading a book called The Blackthorn and you get mad at her for choosing to read that over the Stormlight Archive (she's refusing to read anything written by Brandon)