You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

I love sleep.

But only because I've been sleep deprived for about 3 years straight.

And if I don't sleep, I honestly get really ornery. So I hole up in my room on the shard. Like I always do.

You know you are a Sanderfan when you are going on a field trip (most likely the last one of my life) for leadership, and you are bringing 4 books.

Prinsses Academy (I'm doing a book club thing with some of my old 3rd grade teacher's really high readers, and they are all girls, so we are reading it).

The Fellowship of the Ring (Is awesome. But the movies for the Hobbit are bad. Why put [insert name of an elf who is a part of the fellowship here] in the movie? He isn't in the book!)

The SA (Don't need to say anything about those here!)

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

The Fellowship of the Ring (Is awesome. But the movies for the Hobbit are bad. Why put [insert name of an elf who is a part of the fellowship here] in the movie? He isn't in the book!)

Pretty sure Peter Jackson's thinking was he's from Mirkwood, the Dwarves go there, there's no way in hell they wouldn't have met him so he has to be on screen at some point.  From a movie standpoint, I get it and I didn't mind him showing up.  I too am kinda bleh about the movies.  It's not what he tried to do in terms of fleshing in what happened off screen - that's all stuff I'd have loved to see.  It was the changes to people's stories, motivations and actions to serve the movie he was making.  I just don't think you mess with a beloved book in that fashion :(  I'm likely the biggest Tolkien nerd you'll ever meet unless you know Coulter or one of the professional Tolkienists...

For myself, you're know you're a Sanderfan when someone uses the word inappropriate (if you've read the Oathbringer stuff you know why, if not, you will know why) and you giggle.  You also know when your wife gets you the first four Mistborn books and even with full days of work, three kids, and church duties interfering you clear them in less than three days.

When you are wearing a Stormlight shirt, reading Oathbringer preview chapters on your Windrunner glyph iPad.  (Someone legit called me a nerd to my face the other day for that lol, and she didn't even understand half the references.)

When Oathbringer literally comes out on your friend's birthday, and you are secretly excited to literally put "release dates before birthdays."  (He's on a mission so it's not super relevant anyway, but it still makes me laugh.)

54 minutes ago, Taliax said:

When you are wearing a Stormlight shirt, reading Oathbringer preview chapters on your Windrunner glyph iPad.  (Someone legit called me a nerd to my face the other day for that lol, and she didn't even understand half the references.)

When Oathbringer literally comes out on your friend's birthday, and you are secretly excited to literally put "release dates before birthdays."  (He's on a mission so it's not super relevant anyway, but it still makes me laugh.)

(Imaginary upvote) I'm out. Again. I need to stay off of the Sanderson Meme thread.

18 hours ago, Taliax said:

When you respond to people calling you a nerd with "And proud of it".

17 hours ago, Tesh said:

(Imaginary upvote) I'm out. Again. I need to stay off of the Sanderson Meme thread.

Gotcha.

When you go goofing around the city with your sister and all you want to see are the bookshops. And when you get to said bookshop and are outraged because they have like a million WoT books and a dozen other dodgy books (btw, not saying that WoT is dodgy) but absolutely no Brandon Sanderson. Then you go to the next bookshop and they have a whole wall full of your most hated books and annoying authors but only 3 Brandon Sanderson books. Why does like nobody have Brandon Sanderson?????

Argh where are all your senses bookshop owners :blink:

On 10/5/2017 at 8:03 AM, Mulk said:

Pretty sure Peter Jackson's thinking was he's from Mirkwood, the Dwarves go there, there's no way in hell they wouldn't have met him so he has to be on screen at some point.  From a movie standpoint, I get it and I didn't mind him showing up.  I too am kinda bleh about the movies.  It's not what he tried to do in terms of fleshing in what happened off screen - that's all stuff I'd have loved to see.  It was the changes to people's stories, motivations and actions to serve the movie he was making.  I just don't think you mess with a beloved book in that fashion :(  I'm likely the biggest Tolkien nerd you'll ever meet unless you know Coulter or one of the professional Tolkienists...

Exactly. They changed the storyline like crazy. And the history, and what was the point of putting Radagast in the movie?! 

*sigh* They just added a lot of stuff so they could get more money out of it.

12 hours ago, Ammanas said:

When Brandon tweets out a picture of the final Oathbringer dust jacket and we have five different threads dedicated to it and the same picture on multiple other threads.

Or: When you count those threads, and look around enough to see the picture on multiple different threads.

I tried converting a friend of mine to the Sanderfandom. 

It didn't work.

I showed her the SA.

She said they looked too complex.

I started laughing my head off.

Edited by Tesh