Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

9,062 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Tesh said:

If live to go to Germany, honestly. I'm part German, and I'd love to learn to speak German, which is a little weird here. I took a few short little lessons, and i can now read a little bit, (hardly any) and can speak even less

if you ever come to Germany come visit us. We can play MTG and talk about Sanderson books :) you can help me convince my fiance to read SA ;) and it is no problem if your german isn't good as we can all speak english reasonably well.

15 hours ago, Tesh said:

Also: I just found some Magic: the Gathering cards in my local Walmart and was wondering if it's worth starting to play, and if so, where to start. (The only one i know of who plays, though, I'd my cousin, and i only see her every other m

Ive seen them around, but I do pokemon cards instead. Still a kinda big investment. I had like 5 friends but they all moved and/or stopped playing. Now I just have a bunch that I every once in a while look through, sort and/or battle my siblings.

Ink, I have cards too, just so ya know

1 hour ago, Inklingspren said:

Ive seen them around, but I do pokemon cards instead. Still a kinda big investment. I had like 5 friends but they all moved and/or stopped playing. Now I just have a bunch that I every once in a while look through, sort and/or battle my siblings.

Eh. I used to play Pokémon, but the cards cost more for a smaller quantity, and I like MTG’s more strategic approach to things. I still play the video games though, and will forever be a fan. Cyndaquil forever! 

When you think about what kinds of Pokémon use different types of Investiture, and what Legendaries or Mythics would be Shards.

38 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

Eh. I used to play Pokémon, but the cards cost more for a smaller quantity, and I like MTG’s more strategic approach to things. I still play the video games though, and will forever be a fan. Cyndaquil forever! 

When you think about what kinds of Pokémon use different types of Investiture, and what Legendaries or Mythics would be Shards.

Arceus as Adonalsium anybody?

When someone you don't like is asking you for help and the first thing that you say is, 'Alright. First find a cliff.' ;)

When you're a guy doing math homework and you think, I'm not a woman or an ardent. What am I doing here? And you say it out loud for good measure. 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

When you are told that their is more to life than Brandon Sanderson and you respond with 'Heretic Cremling!'

when you instead of naming your dnd character after a character from the stormlight archive, you look at glyphs and suffixes, and create alethi lighteyed names for your dnd characters.

when you get new dice for dnd that happen to be metal, and you immediately think "I set these dice in metal, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

4 hours ago, DarthWoodrack said:

When you are told that their is more to life than Brandon Sanderson and you respond with 'Heretic Cremling!'

Or better yet, "Airsick lowlander!" :P

When you should be working but instead check the forum regularly...

My Dad and I had an agrument if Zeus or Stormfather was angry. (There was a thunderstorm with lots of lightning)

Also, my sister tries to steal my mints, and told her: “Do you want a Shardblade to the face?” She responded, “What’s a Shardblade?” “You don’t want to know.” 

Edited by BringerofShadows
Added something.

15 hours ago, ethan sedai said:

when you instead of naming your dnd character after a character from the stormlight archive, you look at glyphs and suffixes, and create alethi lighteyed names for your dnd characters.

when you get new dice for dnd that happen to be metal, and you immediately think "I set these dice in metal, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

Metal dice can always be trusted. they're never loaded, trust me.;)

When your Father asked for your favorite book for his Birthday and you buy one of Brandon's and give it to him with the words "Theres more and most of them are connected." And then you spend the rest of the evening telling him about the cosmere.

2 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Metal dice can always be trusted. they're never loaded, trust me.;)

* Proceeds to Push on metal dice*

When you understand literally every reference in this post immediately without thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

When your Father asked for your favorite book for his Birthday and you buy one of Brandon's and give it to him with the words "Theres more and most of them are connected." And then you spend the rest of the evening telling him about the cosmere.

That's awesome! I wish I could do that. Both my parents have told me that they don't understand fantasy and don't care to read it at all.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

That's awesome! I wish I could do that. Both my parents have told me that they don't understand fantasy and don't care to read it at all.

Oh! That sucks.

4 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

Oh! That sucks.

Yeah. I don't know anyone in real life, besides my little brother (and he doesn't talk with me about Cosmere stuff often), who knows about the Cosmere. It really sucks.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:28 AM, Wyndlerunner said:

I like MTG’s more strategic approach to things.

Alas, the Pokemon card game will always be more popular in the U.S. than it's superior cousin, Magic the Gathering.

2 hours ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

* Proceeds to Push on metal dice*

You know you're a Sanderfan when you decide to use the phrase "Dicing with a Coinshot" to describe someone doing something stupid. Also can "Dicing with a Coinshot" become a thing?

When you got @Cel a B4 t shirt for her birthday.

When you can say Rock's name. (Still working on the spelling).

4 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you decide to use the phrase "Dicing with a Coinshot" to describe someone doing something stupid. Also can "Dicing with a Coinshot" become a thing?

This post is severely underrated. People need to upvote this.

27 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

This post is severely underrated. People need to upvote this.

You flatter me @StrikerEZ

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah. I don't know anyone in real life, besides my little brother (and he doesn't talk with me about Cosmere stuff often), who knows about the Cosmere. It really sucks.

This is really sad. Tbh my father just borrowed OB from me... And my best Friend is also here on the shard and some other  friends at least read Brandon's books and a lot of Fantasy in general. So i guess, I can really consider myself happy with lots of people around to talk in Rl about all of this.

When you get up Early to Check the shard before work.