Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,247 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

If you've read it before, here.

If it's your first time, still check, but also read. Um. Invent a time machine so you can do both, that's MY suggestion. "THIS WILL TOTALLY WORK" - Swordtail

Every 2 sections I check. If only I hadn’t discovered 17th Shard until after I’d finished...

Have you also read his other work, or just SA?

Only Mistborn eras 1 and 2 and half of TWOK at this point. I haven’t gotten to anything else yet.

14 minutes ago, Silva said:

Only Mistborn eras 1 and 2 and half of TWOK at this point. I haven’t gotten to anything else yet.

I'd honestly recommend reading the rest of the Cosmere books before going past WoK. You definitely need to read Warbreaker, at least, before continuing past WoK.

Agreed. Heavily agreed.

I didn't read Warbreaker, and actually still haven't 

but I did look up the plot on the coppermind...

Just now, Quickbronze said:

I...you...

No. This is not okay.

Go read it right now so that you can experience the glories of Lightsong and Nightblood.

Have you read WOR and OB?

Well of course

Actually I think Warbreaker is the only Cosmere book I haven't read

Edited by Quickbronze

Someone help. We need to bury Quickbronze in copies of WB.

Edited by AonEne

6 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'd honestly recommend reading the rest of the Cosmere books before going past WoK. You definitely need to read Warbreaker, at least, before continuing past WoK.

I actually disagree to an extent. While the different reading order changes how you experience the books, I don't think different orders are necessarily better or worse. The discoveries and connections are just made at different times. That being said, within series, books should obviously be read in order...No skipping books in the same series!  Again, though, that's obvious.

2 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

I actually disagree to an extent. While the different reading order changes how you experience the books, I don't think different orders are necessarily better or worse. The discoveries and connections are just made at different times. That being said, within series, books should obviously be read in order...No skipping books in the same series!  Again, though, that's obvious.

Yeah, I was thinking about going back and adding a comment like that in my original post.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what order you read the books in-all those connections about the Cosmere are made eventually. I usually recommend reading SA after everything else though because there are so many connections to other books in the series. It just makes it easier to understand if you can recognize those things you've already read. 

I’ll see what book finds it’s way into my hands and read that once I’m finished with this one today or tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, I was thinking about going back and adding a comment like that in my original post.

In the long run, it doesn't really matter what order you read the books in-all those connections about the Cosmere are made eventually. I usually recommend reading SA after everything else though because there are so many connections to other books in the series. It just makes it easier to understand if you can recognize those things you've already read. 

That makes sense, and I can respect that.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you stalk the thread you just made.

Well, actually, everyone does that. But Sanderfans do it AWESOMELY.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I am not Lift, though I wish I was.

You really know you’re a Sanderfan when you read 500 pages, feel accomplished, then realize you’ve got 500 pages left and are happy about it.

When you hear someone mentioning something about "Siri" and get really excited until you realize they meant the other Siri -_-

You know your a Sanderfan when Brandon Sanderson does a signing in Florida and you live in Alaska so you buy tickets in first glass bring all your Sanderson books and fly cross country to meet him.

When you go to murmur the name of a character sadly, but instead of "Yang", the word that comes out of your mouth is "Ene".

...Just remember, there's no such thing as 'too much time on the Shard'. :P

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

There is if it cuts into your BS reading time.

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

I didn't read Warbreaker until after WoR. The connection between the two isn't actually important until the end of it (and you're just fine without it) and OB, really. But I still freaked out when I (WB and WoR/OB spoilers) 

Spoiler

Found out Zahel was Vasher, and Azure Vivenna. I was very proud to find that out on my own, at the time. 

Then i found the theories board...

10 minutes ago, AonEne said:

When you go to murmur the name of a character sadly, but instead of "Yang", the word that comes out of your mouth is "Ene".

I. Can't. Wait. For. Storming. Fall. I need season six!!! Urgh! Ene, you have cursed me!

When there’s a thunderstorm approaching and you run around the house screaming, “Highstorm! Highstorm! We need to get to a bunker, ASAP!!”

When your thinking about buying another Elantris/ Mistborn Era 1 as your original books are really worn down from reading and rereading and you don't want to loose them completely...

when everytime somebody asks you to recommend a book your first, second and third reply are Sanderson books and you're offended if the other person is not interested in them.

When you get super happy upon realizing one of your favorite songs is associated with your first Stormlight Archive read in your mind because you got to know the song around that time.

23 hours ago, Quickbronze said:

This is why down votes were removed. So you don't lose all of your rep. :)