You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

3 hours ago, Slowswift said:

Honestly, I can still never figure that stuff out, so if I use it, it's by accident. :P 

I was referring to his quote about how if you're early, it implies there was nothing better you could be doing.

I can't make any sense out of it either. That's why I said it. :D

When you are on the Shard and watching some of Sanderson's lectures at the same time. I'm on #3. One of the first things I noticed in #2 was the fact he had a Bridge Four sticker on his water bottle. 

Edited by Tesh

On 9/17/2017 at 4:43 PM, Tesh said:

When you are on the Shard and watching some of Sanderson's lectures at the same time. I'm on #3. One of the first things I noticed in #2 was the fact he had a Bridge Four sticker on his water bottle. 

First thing I noticed on #4 was his shirt....

'Hello, would you like to destroy some evil today?'

I need to get that shirt.

Or this one that his all the orders of the Knights Radiant on it...

Or all of the surges...

Only problem is, I currently have $5 in spendings. :D I spent all the money I had before on Sanderson books.

2 hours ago, Asrael said:

When people around you are sick of hearing about Brandon Sanderson so you scour the internet for people to discuss with!

When I talk about Sanderson, people just ignore me. Well, they ignore me anyways. *shrug* That's the nice thing about the Shard. My voice is heard. I talk about books a lot. :D

18 hours ago, Tesh said:

When I talk about Sanderson, people just ignore me. Well, they ignore me anyways. *shrug* That's the nice thing about the Shard. My voice is heard. I talk about books a lot. :D

I feel like whenever I bring up Sanderson, people just smile at me benevolently and go "ah yes, ______ loves Sanderson."

Nobody ever takes me seriously :(

Edited by Sami

Me in the middle of a discussion on how we all love reading: [goes into a long rant about his great Sanderson's books are, and the magic systems]

My friends: "yeah yeah, we get it. We should totally read Sanderson. Now - back to the discussion on the greatness of these silly-sounding pink and fluffy romance books about a girl agonizing over her crush's girlfriend-"

Me: are you kidding me, guys!?! 

*facepalm* 

EDIT: note that the above is not discrimination against pink and fluffy romance books - it is simply me agonizing over the fact that most of my friends waste their reading time over books like that when Sanderson is out there :ph34r:

Edited by Sami

2 hours ago, Farnsworth said:

One of my college essays is on the cosmere. Probably a bad idea.

No, that's a great idea. Look at what happened when my friend wrote a rhetorical analysis on Stick: 

See? Great idea, even if yours isn't sarcastic. :) Good luck writing your essay. Those can be killer. Even if it is cosmere-themed. 

25 minutes ago, Calderis said:

When people at work see you on Tuesday morning and ask

"enjoying your book?" 

Ha! My colleagues don't know of my obsession (when they see me on my phone they probably think I'm on Facebook rather than studying a not-for-credit degree in Cosmerology, majoring in realmatics).

My partner though. Well she's just glad that, in her words, my mistress is a man :D