Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

8,148 posts in this topic

When you read a newspaper article where an automobile industry executive talks about making cars "that have identity and build connection", and you get excited thinking that they're somehow making unsealed metalminds with air conditioning that can go 70 MPH.

(Yes, this happened to me for real, this morning on the train)

He also talked about the future progression self-driving cars (going from stage 1, just having warning indicators, to where we are now at stage 3, with the car being able to take over in emergency situations, all the way to stage 5, no driver input needed at all), and how designs that allowed for "autonomy" (the ability for the driver to do stuff if/when desired, and not just be human cargo) would be a key area for differentiation between manufacturers.

Hmm. Perhaps Adonalsium was originally from Detroit?

Edited by robardin

4 hours ago, robardin said:

When you read a newspaper article where an automobile industry executive talks about making cars "that have identity and build connection", and you get excited thinking that they're somehow making unsealed metalminds with air conditioning that can go 70 MPH.

(Yes, this happened to me for real, this morning on the train)

He also talked about the future progression self-driving cars (going from stage 1, just having warning indicators, to where we are now at stage 3, with the car being able to take over in emergency situations, all the way to stage 5, no driver input needed at all), and how designs that allowed for "autonomy" (the ability for the driver to do stuff if/when desired, and not just be human cargo) would be a key area for differentiation between manufacturers.

Hmm. Perhaps Adonalsium was originally from Detroit?

I espouse this theory

44 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I espouse this theory

I second this notion.

I got a friend to make these01C5FCEC-2D24-4710-BE7E-74B104938B54.thumb.jpeg.c2724cbdcfe7c475261cd033d4986f65.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ishar said:

I got a friend to make these01C5FCEC-2D24-4710-BE7E-74B104938B54.thumb.jpeg.c2724cbdcfe7c475261cd033d4986f65.jpeg

Can i order some?

From a copyright discussion earlier, I am pretty sure the answer is no... I am sure my friend would be very happy though if he could get permission to sell this kind of thing. I will look into it.

Edited by Ishar

10 hours ago, Ishar said:

From a copyright discussion earlier, I am pretty sure the answer is no... I am sure my friend would be very happy though if he could get permission to sell this kind of thing. I will look into it.

Honestly, i think they would sell pretty quickly, if he got permission. Make some mistborn ones and aons and he could be set for life. 

When you are studying for the GRE (a test to get into grad school) and you look up some vocab you need to know and one of them is “ostentatious” and you already know what the word means and think, “Thanks Vivenna!”

I was contemplating on wearing a single earring (sort of fashion thing here) cause i am to attend a graduation celebration of a friend of mine and i literally thought "what would Ruin say to me today". 

28 minutes ago, goody153 said:

I was contemplating on wearing a single earring (sort of fashion thing here) cause i am to attend a graduation celebration of a friend of mine and i literally thought "what would Ruin say to me today". 

He would try to get you to kill your friend.

50 minutes ago, goody153 said:

21 minutes ago, AonEne said:

He would try to get you to kill your friend.

Yeah, unless you enjoy looking like a psychopath, I'd avoid earrings altogether (Wouldn't want Ruin in your head)

39 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Yeah, unless you enjoy looking like a psychopath, I'd avoid earrings altogether (Wouldn't want Ruin in your head)

*cough* *cough* wants Ruin in his head *cough*

When you spend more time thinking about cosmere concepts than your homework, then hurry to do your homework, then wish you worked for Dragonsteel.

When you go on a four day camping trip and are really disappointed when you only have one notification...

You know you're a sanderfan when your first thought upon seeing someone wearing a pair of tinted sunglasses is, 'I wonder what those lenses do?'. 

My second thought is usually, 'better check the Coppermind!'. 

My third is, 'hmmm interesting. But since they're not an oculator I should be safe... *looks up from phone* Hey! Where'd they go?'. 

Followed by, 'I should be a Smedry for Halloween. All I'd have to do is put on a pair of glasses and act recklessly all day'. 

This internal monologue may possibly probably unfortunately be based on a real experience. B)

When you're wearing a shirt with 'my' on it, then look in the mirror and do a double-take upon seeing 'Ym'.

When you are reading another book and you read “Stormfather” instead of “Storm King.”  Yep I had to do a double take.

When you decide to refer to our favorite white-wearing assassin as "Szeth-son-son-Vallano, Wielder of Cool Swords".

(If you've finished WoR, you're fine:)

Spoiler

I mean, seriously, an Honorblade and Nightblood??? How awesome can you get??

On 6/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ishar said:

@Ishar is storming mean and wouldn’t give one to me. 

You know you’re a Sanderfan when a friend refuses to give you a laser cut of the Radiant symbols, so you yell at them via text and punch a pillow.

Any other Edgedancers out there?

3 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

You know you’re a Sanderfan when a friend refuses to give you a laser cut of the Radiant symbols, so you yell at them via text and punch a pillow.

Nah, but we share a Surge. I'm personally a Truthwatcher, so... Yay Progression? 

6 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

I gave one of them to a different friend, and lost the other one...

13 minutes ago, Ishar said:

I gave one of them to a different friend, and lost the other one...

I’m better than the different friend. You should have given it to me. :P

15 minutes ago, Apollyon said:

Nah, but we share a Surge. I'm personally a Truthwatcher, so... Yay Progression? 

Agreed. Yay Progression! We’re basically the doctors of the KR, so the rest of y’all better bow down.

Also, I just realized that my username does not reflect my Order. Oh well. Too lazy to change it. ;)

When the Speaker At efy Says intent and you wonder if it is capital Intent or just intent