You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

18 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

When you ask for all ten varieties of pancake and you get a blank stare.

Or when you are really excited about the fact that your mom made pancakes.

9 minutes ago, Taliax said:

Reveal hidden contents

Edit 2: Also, nice Shardfork! :)

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

When you think that adolin is a prescription drug.

Wouldn't this imply unfamiliarity with his work? 

When you see two threads on this page, and another on the Oathbringer board, all dedicated to the overhype of sample chapters... And can't wait three more weeks. 

When you say to the nurse doing your IV "Thanks Aslydin" and overthink her reaction. 

When someone tells you they like Felt and overthink whether they mean the material or a person.

When you see someone talking to a tree and overthink whether they realmatically aware.

When you can't get into a club because you overthink them trying to stamp your hand and accuse them of trying to change you. 

When you watch a symphony orchestra and you overthink the conductor's conducting, and swear you see Aon Ene in there.

When you overthink  the number of new statues and whisper to each one "My sin be hidden".

When you overthink your girlfriend forgetting something and demand she get an x-ray, mumbling something about her true body. 

When you overthink your friend turning blonde and start talking to get about One and the Long Trail.

When you overthink your dad's hair turning white, jump up and down yelling that you've found him, and tell him "I'm on to you Cephandrius" while giving him a sly wink.

When your whole family is eating cookie dough and you had to try really hard to not say, "Watch out for Hemalurgic spikes!" (My mom is getting really tired of the Sanderson references).

Bit of background knowledge before I put down this other thing. During one point last year, I was reading thirteen books at once. NEVER AGAIN. I have vowed to only one book from now on. Well, and an audiobook for when I can't read. But you know you are a Sanderfan when you really want to finish Eye of the World just so you can read SoS and BoM. I also have 22 books on my bookshelf that I need to read. (I went to the library two days ago). And that's not including SoS and BoM.

When you FINALLY watch a Wrinkle in Time (I read it in 3rd grade) and you wonder if It/the darkness is Odium. Or if Ms. Whatsit, Ms. Who, and Ms. Which are really just very experienced worldhoppers.

Edited by Tesh

10 hours ago, Calderis said:

People don't have to like Brandon. I'm guilty of this too. People say bad things about his writing and I get all defensive about it. 

It's definitely humanly possible to rate his books badly though, and legitimately feel that way. 

Very true ;) People don't have to like cake either. (and by this I mean like a really really really really really to the power of 10 good cake)

4 minutes ago, Sami said:

Very true ;) People don't have to like cake either. (and by this I mean like a really really really really really to the power of 10 good cake)

Well there you go. 

I'm a pie person. Good cake beats average pie, but no cake beats good pie. 

Just now, Calderis said:

Well there you go. 

I'm a pie person. Good cake beats average pie, but no cake beats good pie. 

Well yes Pie too.

I happen to be more of a tasty/salty person than a sweet person. Which is why I said the really really really good stuff. Served for a better example.

When you get REALLY nervous when your mom makes you go shopping with her and you have to stop at the bank. I was uneasy the whole time. At the bank. Not shopping. (But I hate shopping. Unless it's at Barns and Nobel). :D

Edited by Tesh

When you spend the entirety of your library volunteer time on the Shard. (I'm not doing anything else lol)

When you wrote an entire essay for your AP English exam on Tarangavian.

When you try to ironpull the coins out of the fountains.

When your dad says he wants a lightsaber for doing the yardwork, but you would rather have a shardblade.

When you run around your lawn, trying to scare the grass.

When you compare the sentance structure of Brandon Sanderson's books to books that are hugely popular... and realize just how much better constructed it is. (I never realized just how many "..." there is in Harry Potter. Go back! It will blow your mind!)

When you spend a week or so off the Shard and without thinking about the Cosmere so you go insane.

(Sorry for disappearing, band camp started recently and I've had no time). 

Also, you know you're a Sanderfan when your autocorrect on an iOS device doesn't correct words like Cosmere, Sanderfan, etc.

When you know how to properly spell words like Taravangian or Palanaeum without looking them up.

EDIT: When you see the next unread topic is "New Info About Hoid" and you freak out for a second but then realize it's a joke topic about clickbait Cosmere titles.

Edited by StrikerEZ

22 minutes ago, Draginon said:

When you dedicate a whole shelf to just Sanderson books, including future titles.

YES! I call mine my Sandershelf. 

IMG_20170806_123114.thumb.jpg.e0ab9b8a13fa878f4094e3ee270abb0e.jpg

I keep weird little things on my bookshelf. I also have 8 books checked out from the library right now, so that's what's on the shelf above, and the one below is just for random books.

IMG_20170806_123443.thumb.jpg.9139be8e64bccf94270ef6c3f9602d97.jpg

When I get money, I buy books. And right now I'm saving for Oathbringer. I have a big box of stuff in my closet I'm trying to sell. Then I could also get the first Alcatraz book. Sorry for all this! I like talking about books... (Both their content and the books themselves).