You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you hear the word Dinosaurs and you need to consciously remind yourself that dinosaurs do not speak with nalhallan accents, if fact they do not speak at all, and that they do not wear vests and trousers, or any clothes at all, and that they are the size of buildings, and that the free kingdoms do not exist, and that the Librarians are not performing a huge cover up, or... is that what you are just conditioned to believe? ... Could it be...

You know you're a Sanderfan when you fall asleep still debating whether you should get hardcovers and continue debating in your dreams where you find a hardcover Mistborn Box set for $70. Yes, that happened last night. 

You are offended when the following happens: someone recommends you read King's Dark Tower series; you politely thank them for the recommend and counter with Sanderson. They respond, "I've never heard of him." They have also never heard of Scott Lynch or Patrick Rothfuss. Yes, that really did happen today.

15 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

First time was Mass Market. Yuck...lol, it's like having cheap sheets vs 1,000+ thread count. Sure you still sleep at night, but the fancy ones make you feel slightly more civilized doing it. 

Agreed. I own WoK, WoR, and ALL of the Mistborn books in Mass Market. (WoK actually fits in my purse! It's a very small purse). I read WoK in that fourm and the first three Mistborn books. I got AoL in hardcover at the library, then I went to Barns and Nobel and got the last three in Mass Market. (Including AoL). But I use my Mass Market versions of the SA to take notes.

1 hour ago, Ammanas said:

You are offended when the following happens: someone recommends you read King's Dark Tower series; you politely thank them for the recommend and counter with Sanderson. They respond, "I've never heard of him." They have also never heard of Scott Lynch or Patrick Rothfuss. Yes, that really did happen today.

I've had something similar happen with a Stephen King fan, but it was really strange... My wife's aunt is a member of the book/fan club and gets King books as they are released and supposedly has since the early 80's. Where it gets strange is that I'm about 95% sure she's never read half of them. I was trying to discuss Eyes of the Dragon, The Stand, and Dark Tower while comparing the Man in Black with Hoid and how he's a "world hopper," and she should check out The Cosmere. She looked at me the same way the dog does when I started talking about the Man in Black/Flagg. She had absolutely no clue who he was...

8 hours ago, AngelEy3 said:

I've had something similar happen with a Stephen King fan, but it was really strange... My wife's aunt is a member of the book/fan club and gets King books as they are released and supposedly has since the early 80's. Where it gets strange is that I'm about 95% sure she's never read half of them. I was trying to discuss Eyes of the Dragon, The Stand, and Dark Tower while comparing the Man in Black with Hoid and how he's a "world hopper," and she should check out The Cosmere. She looked at me the same way the dog does when I started talking about the Man in Black/Flagg. She had absolutely no clue who he was...

Now that's crazy! Granted I've read The Dark Tower, but even I knew about Flagg before that one. That woman needs to catch up pronto!

When you relize the true reason your parents leave a jar of coins on the kitchen counter...

Or when you are visiting the coast, and you look out of the window of the hotel, and see fog, start grinning as wide as can be, then stop because the fog isn't thick enough to be mist. Then you start grinning again because it's probably the closest you'll get. 

My grandma and sister were asking me what I was grinning about, and I said, you'd have to read some books to understand. Then my sister said, it's Brandon Sanderson isn't it?

PRESERVATION!!!!!!

Edited by Tesh

36 minutes ago, Extesian said:

When you wake up and there's only two notifications and you wonder if the 17th Shard has been seeing someone else. Then you realize you're happy to share and wonder about whether your father would be disappointed in you. 

Seriously. Where is everyone today? I'm moving into my new house, and the number of posts when I check in are remarkably low. 

5 minutes ago, Roadwalker said:

my upvotes are my social standing...

Don't think that way man. Upvotes are applied without rhyme or reason. It's the only way to explain me. 

On the upside, if you can't banish that thinking, I'm evidence that anyone can do it. 

When you ask your perents if you read to much and they both say "Yes" at exactly the same time without hesitation.

When you are really sad because your mom read Elantris and she didn't like it much.

(FYI, my dad read Mistborn about 10 years ago). When you are SO STORMING HAPPY because you started rambling about the mists and he said, "Don't they kill people?" The only other things he remembered from the books were Kolos and Inquisitors. He thought the latter were killer Cole. He probably was thinking of Koloss.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, KnightRadiant said:

When you get shipped by your friends with the only other Sanderfan in your grade.

The exact same thing happened to me at girls camp. There is a person in my grade who has just read the SA, (his mom makes him limit his reading, so he hardly reads at all over the summer) and one of my friends wouldn't drop it! But we are are friends, I was the one to convince him to read SA, and he's also Mormon. There are lots worse people to paired with. Like, Lord Ruler forbid, a non-sanderfan. :D

And @Ammanas, my mom loves to read, but I have a crazy four year old little brother, and she teaches online, and my dad has read MB, and liked them a lot, but he prefers skiing or hiking or fishing to reading.

So, yah. That's probably the problem.

Edited by Tesh

2 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

FB_IMG_1501389498499.jpg

Lol this is so me when it comes to things like this. 

Not B.S related, but I just spent $30 on 3 Marvel/DC posters. Didn't mean to spend that much. It just... happened??!

3 hours ago, Taliax said:

When you find an tiny old bottle of silver flakes and are super excited because it will make the perfect addition to your Mistborn costume (happened today :D)

When you read this, get to the part about silver flakes, and immediately assume the second half of the statement is "and immediately think how useful this will be if I ever encounter a Shade. "