You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

1 hour ago, Everstorm Entropy said:

When you re-read The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, and Edgedancer before the release of Oathbringer, finish them, and think "Well, I might as well re-read the rest of the Cosmere too..."

Especially if someone or something from the other Cosmere worlds pop up that haven't been seen already

When you want to make your parakeets mistcloaks.

When you had a dream about going to a signing and being the last person in line and having a very long conversation about his books. But the signing was in the produce section in Walmart in front of where the apples were.

Or when you hang the dust jackets from WoK and WoR an your bulletin board because you couldn't find posters of the cover are anywhere!

Edited by Tesh

1 hour ago, Everstorm Entropy said:

When you re-read The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, and Edgedancer before the release of Oathbringer, finish them, and think "Well, I might as well re-read the rest of the Cosmere too..."

When you've done that twice and then decide to do it again cause why the heck not

6 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

Those are Shardpools, man.

Hold on... Is Mata Nui a combination of three Shards of Unity, Duty and Destiny?

But why he has only two magic systems, elemental powers and Kanohi?

Edited by Oversleep

2 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

Hold on... Is Mata Nui a combination of three Shards of Unity, Duty and Destiny?

But why he has only two magic systems, elemental powers and Kanohi?

I dunno man, maybe there's a hidden one somewhere?

4 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I'm so lost 

They're talking about Bionicle as if it's Cosmere. :P

When you think everything on this thread is normal.

Or when you have $70 worth of Sanderson books in your cart on Amazon, but realize that you spent your last $50 on the Wax and Wayne trilogy, Calamity, and Eye of the World.

49 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When you think everything on this thread is normal.

Or when you have $70 worth of Sanderson books in your cart on Amazon, but realize that you spent your last $50 on the Wax and Wayne trilogy, Calamity, and Eye of the World.

Saaaame

Also when you just bought the paperback versions of multiple Sanderson books, but now wish you had the hardcover ones and find it a worthwhile investment to eventually buy those too.

9 hours ago, Tesh said:

@Taliax Same! I bought all the Mistborn books in Mass Market for $50 and now I wish I had them all in hardcover. It would cost a ton though. I just need some Atium or Aluminum...

Check out the used market on Amazon. The only Sanderson hardcovers I've paid full price for are whatever I've pre-ordered. The other side of that is that by buying used you aren't supporting Brandon with your coin. That's a big reason that I've made sure to preorder everything new since discovering him. I want to make sure he's making enough $ to keep writing the stories I like. 

Update: I got both Stormlight books in hardcover, New, from Amazon for under $40 during the night 

Edited by AngelEy3
Update

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

@Taliax Same! I bought all the Mistborn books in Mass Market for $50 and now I wish I had them all in hardcover. It would cost a ton though. I just need some Atium or Aluminum...

Looks like it's time to start drinking soda and recycling :P

When you hit google in your web browser and the top ten suggestions/history that pop up are all along the lines of "Oathbringer release date" "17th Shard" "Brandon Sanderson website" and "Brandon Sanderson hardcover"

I'm wondering whether its worth paying heaps more to grab the Mistborn books in hardcover. But sooooo much more and I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend so much money for the same old awesome text in just a really nice book. *sigh* I'm so bad at making decisions.

Edited by Sami

11 minutes ago, Sami said:

When you hit google in your web browser and the top ten suggestions/history that pop up are all along the lines of "Oathbringer release date" "17th Shard" "Brandon Sanderson website" and "Brandon Sanderson hardcover"

I'm wondering whether its worth paying heaps more to grab the Mistborn books in hardcover. But sooooo much more and I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend so much money for the same old awesome text in just a really nice book. *sigh* I'm so bad at making decisions.

I recently upgraded my WoK and WoR to hardcover copies. Got them both new on Amazon with Prime for under $40 total. Early to Mid October I plan on starting a reread and I'm super pumped to get the real deal this time.

First time was Mass Market. Yuck...lol, it's like having cheap sheets vs 1,000+ thread count. Sure you still sleep at night, but the fancy ones make you feel slightly more civilized doing it. 

Edited by AngelEy3