You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you want to do a book report on WoK. Or pretty much any Sanderson book. But preferably WoK.

Or when you call your shelf with just Sanderson books on it your Sandershelf.

@Taliax Or if they started a conversation about the Book of Mormon, then slowly slips into a conversation about the Wheel of Time and Sanderson. Whenever @That Storming Darkeyes and I get together, that's how are conversations go. Sort of. We start with Sanderson, slip into something else, then width five minutes, back on Sanderson.

Edited by Tesh

when you are meant to be doing homework but somehow your web browser just happens to keep coming up with the 17th Shard instead of researching your respective essay subject.......

Edited by Sami

14 minutes ago, Sami said:

When you are at a camp and every new person you talk to you ask if they have read Brandon Sanderson in the vain hopes that they have- in which they haven't but somehow the conversation keeps turning back to Brandon Sanderson - everyone's like *groan* when you keep talking about it you are like YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON

I still haven't found an irl person who has read Sanderson when I've asked about it. Tried giving my brother WoK and a coworker Final Empire. All it got me was needing a new copy of Final Empire cause my coworker quit and disappeared before giving it back. I like to think that the Steel Inquisition got her. Way better than the idea that she just stopped showing up on a holiday weekend. 

8 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

I still haven't found an irl person who has read Sanderson when I've asked about it. Tried giving my brother WoK and a coworker Final Empire. All it got me was needing a new copy of Final Empire cause my coworker quit and disappeared before giving it back. I like to think that the Steel Inquisition got her. Way better than the idea that she just stopped showing up on a holiday weekend. 

Aw well, at least it made for a goodbye gift......      

I only just introduced my friend to Brandon Sanderson. She has read most Alcatraz, is now reading Elantris and is taking FOREVER about it. The only other irl people are my sibs who are too busy to read any more or fandom with me.

Edited by Sami

When in Sunday school you are asked to draw ox and you try to draw chull, and the only other Sanderfan in the room starts cracking up. (But that might have been because they looked so bad).

Or you find a piece of gray fabric and start plotting... The end result are two passable Mistcloaks. One for me, and one for my stuffed platypus.

Edited by Tesh

On 6/7/2015 at 6:17 AM, Unknowingly said:

I liked them the first time i read them, but i was 12-14 so...

when i look at them now i just find the writing super simplified and the stories are very predictable. I don't think they are good reads for anybody over the age of 15. The fact that my library promotes these books and ignores Brandon disappoints me though <_<

Well, I was 8 when I read them, sooooooo, and I was 12 when I discovered Sanderson.... (People are shocked when they find out I was reading young adult in 3rd grade. And adult when I was 12).

Where did I go wrong in my life?

Also, I think this may be a double post, but I couldn't figure out how to put the quote in my other one...

Edited by Tesh

7 hours ago, Tesh said:

Well, I was 8 when I read them, sooooooo, and I was 12 when I discovered Sanderson.... (People are shocked when they find out I was reading young adult in 3rd grade. And adult when I was 12).

Where did I go wrong in my life?

;)

11 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Aww, okay. :P

I just thought it was weird that my post count is catching up with one of the big legends of the theorizers.

I'm still a pretty new fish in the pond. Check out skaa, Kurkistan, or Argent.

1 minute ago, Calderis said:

@Pagerunner is one of those who makes their posts count. Just look at their thousandth (invaluable) post. 

Quality over quantity. 

Oh, I know that. I just found it weird that our post counts are so close when he's such a better theorizer than me. :P

Speaking of which, when did you pass 2,000 posts? 

8 hours ago, Tesh said:

When in Sunday school you are asked to draw ox and you try to draw chull, and the only other Sanderfan in the room starts cracking up. (But that might have been because they looked so bad).

Or you find a piece of gray fabric and start plotting... The end result are two passable Mistcloaks. One for me, and one for my stuffed platypus.

I'm fairly determined to do this for Halloween/Salt Lake ComiCon this year, only sans platypus. :P I have the look to go as Vin if it weren't for two problems: 1. I need black hair dye and 2. I don't have my ears pierced.

On that note, when you consider getting your ears pierced just for a Vin cosplay. XD

3 minutes ago, Taliax said:

I'm fairly determined to do this for Halloween/Salt Lake ComiCon this year, only sans platypus. :P I have the look to go as Vin if it weren't for two problems: 1. I need black hair dye and 2. I don't have my ears pierced.

On that note, when you consider getting your ears pierced just for a Vin cosplay. XD

I think technically you only need to pierce one ear to be Vin? Or you could get a snazzy clip-on 

20 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

I think technically you only need to pierce one ear to be Vin? Or you could get a snazzy clip-on 

That's what I'm going to look for C: Besides I've lasted this long without Ruin getting in my head, might as well not start now :P

When you realize you NEED to convert your accelerated math teacher to the worlds of Brandon Sanderson.

Or you start actually calling your friend Celia. (See 'Do you have a random person in the Cosmere who you turn into when you are bored' in creator's corner).

Or when you start thinking of your younger brother as Tien.

Or when you want to be your extream Sanderfan part of your brain for Halloween. (Mistcloak, bag of books, homemade SA t shirt, slave brands on a baseball hat, stuff like that). Or Tesh, (Again see 'DYHARPITCWYTIWYAB'). Or Shallan.

Or when you think of your blue parakeet as an exotic blue chicken from Shinnovar.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

When someone abbreviated Book of Mormon as BoM, and you immeadietly think Bands of Mourning. 

I was so confused in the opposite way when I first came on the Shard and didn't know all the Era 2 book names yet, I was like "Huh?  I know Brandon's Mormon, but why is everyone referencing the Book of Mormon on here?" xP

(Also, on an unrelated note, I like your signature (: )