You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

So, my wife went to the hospital today (no worries, everything seems to be fine) and when she called me to tell me about it she remarked how the person in the bed next to hers kept repeating a phrase over and over and over. I told her it was obvious what was happening... that patient had become a member of the Hoed! I suggested she go to the front of the hospital and try drawing the chasm line.

When you read about a parallel realm that is sparse where there are few people, and think "must be related to the Conceptual".

(It was the Enchanted Realm of one of Bruce Coville's books, by the way; it's also sparse where there are many people, but that may be similar to how spren avoid crowds.)

When you write an essay on the Realmatic theory of the Marvel Comic Universe. 

(I'm wondering whether Spider-Man formed a Nahel bond with the spider that bit him) 

Edited by Zennix

2 hours ago, Zennix said:

When you write an essay on the Realmatic theory of the Marvel Comic Universe. 

(I'm wondering whether Spider-Man formed a Nahel bond with the spider that bit him) 

So Hulk is a pewter savant. 

When you misread perpendicularly as perpendicularity. Every time. 

Ironman is a Windrunner in Shardplate. I mean, he even has a glowing energy source (Stormlight-infused gemstone?) in his breastplate. Also, he has a spren (JARVIS). Maybe we will finally get to see his Shardblade in the  Ironman 4 movie. 

(Edit: Sorry this is a bit of a wall of text)

I just started a new job at a company that has a food court style cafeteria on the 25th floor (swanky no?). A couple of days ago I was waiting for my order and I got confused as to which order was currently be handled. I approached the server (who I now know is named Kyle) and asked him if he was working on number 16 (my order).

He replied "Yes, this is number 16. And hey, what a coincidence, that is my favorite number!"

Well, perhaps many of you can already guess where this is headed. I immediately said that if 16 is his favorite number then he should definitely read the Mistborn trilogy as the number 16 eventually has some significance in the story. He and I then chatted about the story for a few minutes and he had me spell the title to help him remember.

The next day I saw Kyle again at the cafeteria and he asked me the name of the book I recommended. I realized what I needed to do. That day, after work, I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought a copy of Mistborn: the Final Empire. Today, I gifted that copy to Kyle!

So, you know you are a Sanderfan when you buy the cafeteria server at your work a copy of Mistborn because they mentioned, offhand, that 16 is their favorite number. :D

1 hour ago, Secrets said:

You know you're a sanderfan when you are reading Brandon's books deep into the the night, then realize that you're dreaming about reading Brandon's books, in a dream about reading Brandon's books, then you wake up in your bed with one of Brandon's books open on your lap.

...and continue reading 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, Figberts said:

When your family gets together and says that you are no longer allowed to say ANYTHING about the Cosmere to them in the next week because they are worried I am becoming way to obsessed.

Nah, they're just afraid you will spoil too many things for them.

10 hours ago, Xaladin said:

Nah, they're just afraid you will spoil too many things for them.

Indeed. I do this all the time.

You know you're a Sanderfan if everyone in your family are now Sanderfans because of you, and then you have read more books then all of them so you can't say a word abut any of that stuff.

Also: You know you are a Sanderfan if you are already planning to go to the the release of Stormlight 3 whether or not it's at midnight on a weekday in the school year or not.

On 4/8/2017 at 10:21 AM, CarolaDavar said:

You know you're a Sanderfan if everyone in your family are now Sanderfans because of you, and then you have read more books then all of them so you can't say a word abut any of that stuff.

Literally me. Although my little brother is hot on my heels; he picked up the Bands of Mourning the day I put it down and has probably finished my copy of Arcanum Unbounded by now. The only advantages I have on him are being on this forum, and my copy of the White Sands prose. 

On 4/20/2015 at 4:47 PM, Sirce Luckwielder said:

Once I get some more info I'm going to see if there are security cameras close by or anything else that I can use.

Yes, that was a Studio C reference.

Sorry, I think you meant "rationally annoyed." It seems that "Sanderson" isn't the only word your computer mispells.

I like studio C too, Edit, sorry, just realized this was from a long time ago.

You know your a fan of Brandon Sanderson when the only books you've read more than once are written by him. (And that you have a flashlight under your pillow, and sleep less than Vin.)

Edited by spideyguy123
Quoted something that I thought was more recent.