Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

7,683 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

When you get some money for your birthday, and all you get 13 books. (Second hand bookstores are the best. 7 books in amazing condition for only $7? Who can say no to that)? Five of them are by Sanderson. Mitosis and Legion on eBook, ('cause I am not paying $200 for Legion, or $40 for Mitosis. I'm not that crazy about his books. Well, I might buy them for that much if it was the only option...) And Alcatraz 2-4 in hardcover.

I NEED MENTAL HELP!!!

Just buy them from store.brandonsanderson.com. They cost something like $20 each (including shipping). They are also signed and personalized (if you want). 

EDIT: Mitosis isn’t actually available to do this. Sorry! Legion is for sure though, so that’s a solid $180 you just saved. 

Edited by podman36

When you haven't stopped smiling since you bought you JordanCon ticket 24 hours ago. 

15 hours ago, podman36 said:

Just buy them from store.brandonsanderson.com. They cost something like $20 each (including shipping). They are also signed and personalized (if you want). 

Oh...

Well, now I know, and I can buy it when I feel like it.

But seriously, is Mitosis out of print?

On 2/11/2018 at 11:23 AM, Tesh said:

When you get some money for your birthday, and the first thing you think is that you can finally get Legion, and the Kaladin album. (My library doesn't have Legion, and I can't find it anywhere except Amazon, and it costs more than WoR in hardcover! Is it out of print)?

If you want a Legion hardcover, it might be worthwhile to wait. The final novella is coming out in September, and Brandon has said it won't be published separately for like a year after. Instead, there will be a collection of all three sold then. 

1 hour ago, thegatorgirl00 said:
Spoiler

oops

If you want a Legion hardcover, it might be worthwhile to wait. The final novella is coming out in September, and Brandon has said it won't be published separately for like a year after. Instead, there will be a collection of all three sold then. 

That is true. (I say that a lot)... Yah, I'll probably just read 1 & 2 on ebook, then buy the collection when it comes out, so I can read #3 and have the satisfaction of it sitting on my shelf. I'll just stick with a t-shirt and poster for now. :ph34r:

When you have posted on this sight around 100 times. Just a rough estimate.

3 hours ago, Tesh said:

When you have posted on this sight around 100 times. Just a rough estimate.

You mean this specific forum? 

Also, my older brother has the Legion/Mitosis hardcover, where they’re in the same book. I think I want to steal it from him now... 

Edited by podman36

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

You mean this specific forum? 

Aye.

1 hour ago, podman36 said:

Also, my older brother has the Legion/Mitosis hardcover, where they’re in the same book. I think I want to steal it from him now. 

:blink: wow...

1 hour ago, Tesh said:

:blink: wow...

I'm joking! ^_^

Mostly. But seriously, he doesn't really care about his stuff. I mean he cares about it in theory, and if I asked to borrow something he would tell me to storm off. But in reality, almost everything is buried in a closet somewhere. A closet I have access to!

To be clear, I'm not actually going to take anything from him.

Probably.

19 minutes ago, podman36 said:

I'm joking! ^_^

I Kent wow about 

2 hours ago, podman36 said:

Also, my older brother has the Legion/Mitosis hardcover, where they’re in the same book. 

Wait, no, I’m a liar. He has the Defending Elysium/Firstborn hardcover and the Legion: Skin Deep hardcover. 

When you were more excited for the OB release than you are to get your braces off. (Only three more weeks!)

When, because your one of the students who actually is good and does their work, you have a bunch of extra time in math class, and as you like math and want to do math, ponder how to calculate the amount of force in steel pulls (including duralumin) :D

When you're writing a graphic death scene and keep mentally comparing it to the ones we see in Sanderson's writing (there is a surprisingly high number.) No, don't use that phrase! That was used already! No, you can't have that guy's head explode and splatter over everybody's clothes, somebody might think you're a copycat. You can't make your fan status that OBVIOUS. Yes, he was stabbed, but NO it can't be through his eyeball! Gah!

I have high standards for my own writing. And sometimes, a freakishly good memory of things I read.

Whenever someone uses a Mistborn pickup line on you, and it works

1 hour ago, King Cole said:

Whenever someone uses a Mistborn pickup line on you, and it works

I want to hear that story

When, if you had three wishes, one would be to be and Allomancer/Feruchemist/Radiant/Elantrian/Epic and/or to be on the world of one of the books. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to duralumin/ironpull off of two skyscrapers like a giant slingshot, then drop a coin and when people look up epicly drop out of the sky? or draw a symbol in the air and then have something awesome happen (i dont know what Aon i would draw, but most would be cool) or even any radiant power.

5 hours ago, Prof said:

When, if you had three wishes, one would be to be and Allomancer/Feruchemist/Radiant/Elantrian/Epic and/or to be on the world of one of the books. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to duralumin/ironpull off of two skyscrapers like a giant slingshot, then drop a coin and when people look up epicly drop out of the sky? or draw a symbol in the air and then have something awesome happen (i dont know what Aon i would draw, but most would be cool) or even any radiant power.

To be a Windrunner Worldhopper on Roshar.

When you have this ongoing joke with @Cel about Shin guards.

Edited by Tesh

When you see this flier at BYU... and all you can think of is “HONOR IS DEAD”

...And also that you probably wouldn’t have wanted to date Tanavast anyway

92901A16-B48C-4418-933B-B41CFE77B582.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When you have this ongoing joke with @Cel about Shin guards.

This needs more upvotes. 

When you randomly in the middle of a sentence capitalize Cultivation. And when someone asks you why you say, "I don't know, I guess I had the Intent to capitalize it. You could say that that word is Invested more."

Then your laughing inside at your joke and also crying cause you're the only one who got it.

When you see this, and start hyperventilating, because you have family in Rexburg, and next week is your winter break, and you just might be able to go!

IMG_20180216_173257_hdr.thumb.jpg.d011e0269341f6471b4cf16bb2c413f2.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, Shallan's Ward said:

When you randomly in the middle of a sentence capitalize Cultivation. And when someone asks you why you say, "I don't know, I guess I had the Intent to capitalize it. You could say that that word is Invested more."

Then your laughing inside at your joke and also crying cause you're the only one who got it.

I make Cosmere references all the time. My friends just look at me.

And I want to scream WHY WON'T YOU GUYS JUST READ THEM. I'VE NEVER ASKED YOU TO DO ANYTHING BEFORE. JUST READ THEM. PLEASE. 

@Tesh I will definitely be at the Lee Library event, so if you do make it, keep an eye out for a chubby girl in a blue owl-print baseball cap. :)

Edited by Sunbird

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

@Tesh I will definitely be at the Lee Library event, so if you do make it, keep an eye out for a chubby girl in a blue owl-print baseball cap. :)

I... Can't... Go... -_-