Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

6,896 posts in this topic

When you find your 17S account name (which you made on a whim) in a Sanderson book and you sit down quietly and have a mini panic attack.

When you are playing a word game and you argue with your phone that "Syl" is a word. 

3 hours ago, Vashakh Sadeas said:

When you are playing a word game and you argue with your phone that "Syl" is a word. 

Don't pronouns typically not count anyway?

15 minutes ago, AngelEy3 said:

Don't pronouns typically not count anyway?

Indeed

When your friend wants you to say the magic word, and instead, you say, "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."

You are in a conference center in Vegas and as you are riding up an escalator you see this art work and you start wondering if that’s how the Pits of Hathsin look like upclose. Then you go back down the escalator to get a closer look and wonder where the Atium could be hiding inside. Then you wonder if your hands will scar if you could just get your hand in deep enough. 

F56E58BA-42E6-4E12-B44C-BA72FCFF4143.jpeg

181F538B-B9AE-44DB-9B92-AC3B46127FE0.jpeg

On 1/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, .50 Caliber Gentleman said:

When the largest identity crisis you've ever had was whether you're a Windrunner or a Skybreaker

I still haven't resolved that one

Oh, resolved this one, turns out I'm a biorder gravitation-oriented protoradiant

When you actually freak out because you were looking at your trash on Google Drive and find an old story idea from three years ago (before I read my first Sanderson book) and inside of it was a quote from a character who was referring to her brother and part of the quote said "Calavar is dead". I scrolled down even more and apparently Calavar's name was taken from a word in a fictional language I made that translates to "honor". So ten-year old me technically had a Stormlight quote in a story without even knowing who Brandon Sanderson was :o

5 minutes ago, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

When you actually freak out because you were looking at your trash on Google Drive and find an old story idea from three years ago (before I read my first Sanderson book) and inside of it was a quote from a character who was referring to her brother and part of the quote said "Calavar is dead". I scrolled down even more and apparently Calavar's name was taken from a word in a fictional language I made that translates to "honor". So ten-year old me technically had a Stormlight quote in a story without even knowing who Brandon Sanderson was :o

Ten year old you sounds pretty complex.

Just now, podman36 said:

Ten year old you sounds pretty complex.

Funny thing was, that story was the only time I actually had stopped writing Warrior cat fan fiction and created something on my own. 

Just now, Warbreaker_Weiss said:

Funny thing was, that story was the only time I actually had stopped writing Warrior cat fan fiction and created something on my own. 

That's hilarious!

When, during a class, your task is to cross a "crevasse" (A step ladder put in the snow to imitate a chasm in antarctica), and your teacher is talking about how "It's the journey that counts". So I rattled off the first ideals and he completely agreed with me, not knowing the reference.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you try to type "creamy" but your phone Autocorrects it to "cremmy."

when you're riding down the road and you see one of those signs that says "Bridge ices before road" but all you read is "Bridge Four"

When you're rehearsing with your church's worship team and the director calls out "Go to bridge four!" and you barely stop yourself from cheering.

There is a professor on campus that vaguely (at least in my mind) resembles Hoid. My friend and I have a game to see how many pictures we can take of him showing up at random places. At the end of the month we total the number of pictures and the loser buys dinner.

5 minutes ago, AC12 said:

There is a professor on campus that vaguely (at least in my mind) resembles Hoid. My friend and I have a game to see how many pictures we can take of him showing up at random places. At the end of the month we total the number of pictures and the loser buys dinner.

I actually would really love to do that.

@Shallan's Ward its actually a great game! There are actually several people we play with and each is worth a different number of points. For example mutual acquaintances are 1 point. Professor Hoid is 20 points. The only rule is if they see you take their picture than it doesn't count. If they ask you why you took their picture you loose all points previously gathered for that month.

The other evening as I came home after work, it was so foggy the mist was rolling thick at ground level - they even shut down a stretch of the NJ Turnpike because of poor visibility.

And all I could think was, "Maybe I'll go for a mistwalk and see if I Snap."

When your teacher in Leadership is having everyone tell her what we want on the back of our sweatshirts, (for Leadership) and you put Bridge Four. (She put it down as Bridge4, but it isn't final, so I'm going to change it tomorrow). Someone else wanted Zipper God. 

When you get a new timekeeping fabrial.

17 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When you get a new timekeeping fabrial.

When you wear two timekeeping fabrials

When your professor recommends you take Sanderson's writing class, and goes on about how to apply, and you're just sitting there trying not to explode about how much of a fan you are and sound creepy

When you spend 20 minutes at work reading an article about bestselling Mormon authors just to see what it says about Brandon when you're supposed to be sorting the mail.

31 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

When you spend 20 minutes at work reading an article about bestselling Mormon authors just to see what it says about Brandon when you're supposed to be sorting the mail.

Can I get a link? :)