Mistrunner

You Know You're a Sanderfan When... Part 2

8,091 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2017 at 9:37 AM, Necessary Eagle said:

I'm sending my copy of Oathbringer to my brother, who's in Israel for the year. Nobody ever say that I don't make noble sacrifices.

Sending it to Israel to someone learning in yeshiva mighty noble indeed. If it were me I could not part with it over such a distance without without worrying about it! 

When you write a poem and purposely use the word damnation. for any who have any desire to read it you can PM me.

Edited by Nathrangking

27 minutes ago, Tesh said:

When you write down all of Fleet's story. Just the parts that Hoid tells. I might audition to preform it in my school's talent show. I'll just have to wait and see.

When you say preform, do you mean Hoid-style?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Conflusled said:

When you say preform, do you mean Hoid-style?

That, my friend, would be impossible for someone with no access to investiture.

But I'm going to try to get as close as I can.

^_^

When you cover your bookshelf in Christmas lights, and @Ookla the Rusty says it looks like it is "gleaming with Stormlight," so you call it an Invested bookshelf.

And now my whole room is covered in lights, so I guess I have access to very large amounts of Investiture at the moment.

Spoiler

IMG_20171210_210352.thumb.jpg.49d5c337ae000307157d30a12c4b5257.jpg

When your cat goes "mao", "meo", "mreo", and you wonder if she's trying to communicate with aons

On 12/10/2017 at 7:37 AM, Necessary Eagle said:

I'm sending my copy of Oathbringer to my brother, who's in Israel for the year. Nobody ever say that I don't make noble sacrifices.

This is sure to attract some honor spren. I don't know that I've ever seen something so noble.

when you just randomly think to yourself for no reason, "I wonder if Kaladin would like pizza"

Hmm.. Not so much a sign of a sanderfan, more just me being weird...

Edited by Benjamin_Stormblessed

When you see on the Coppermind the the Palanaeum was based off the Library of Alexandria and think 'Of course it was. They're both run by evil cultists.'

You see this headline 

“Ash falls like snow” 

and get excited because you think for a second you are back in Mistborn Era 1!

“Ash fell from the sky.”

50F47908-F97C-40A0-8141-EBC78370F0A2.png

When you spend several hours discussing Cosmere stuff with @Vashakh Sadeas over Hangouts. He is the only person other than @LionTale_Writer who will do that with me! @Cel and I just make random references to books. And Hamilton. And Studio C.

And I'll stop now.

Who new theorizing could be so much fun? Especially with the duck references. 

Lightbulb! Invested unicorns. :D

When your only condition for giving your sister a ride across town is that she has to listen to you talk about the Cosmere the whole time (and specifically Oathbringer, because at that time no one I knew in real life had read it)

When you watch a lot of bookshelf tours on youtube (it's relaxing okay) and the first thing you look for is if they have Sanderson books and then you proceed to judge them, like, super harshly if they don't.

When you recommend Brandon to your doctor

Edited by Benjamin_Stormblessed

On 12/10/2017 at 5:51 PM, Tesh said:

When you write down all of Fleet's story. Just the parts that Hoid tells. I might audition to preform it in my school's talent show. I'll just have to wait and see.

Okay, but this sounds really, really awesome. Even if it's just a simple recitation (no fancy smoke/leaves/sand/instruments etc)... ugh, just amazing. I've thought about doing that sort of thing before, but I don't have many opportunities to perform, especially fun stuff like this. I have written the WoR Wit scene as a 2-4 person 5-minute skit, with appropriate corrections so it makes sense out-of-world ("elephant" instead of "chasmfiend", for example). Oh, and now that I look it up, I also did a WoK one, though that one requires a few more people and is less funny as a skit.

When you look at aluminum foil and think "this would make great armor, and a hat!"

On 11/12/2017 at 1:37 AM, Necessary Eagle said:

Wow, I admire you a lot. I don't think I'd have the grit to send my copy overseas (thinking of my sister who is overseas for a while and has read SA and loved it) 

When you know that Hoid's favorite food is bacon.

When while walking across campus you hear someone mention Oathbringer from several yards away, and have to restrain yourself from running over and interrupting their conversation

43 minutes ago, Ookla the Short said:

When while walking across campus you hear someone mention Oathbringer from several yards away, and have to restrain yourself from running over and interrupting their conversation

Why restrain yourself?

When your dad says parchment paper, but you hear parshman paper.

When your dad asks you if you know what divinity is, (the candy stuff) and your first three thoughts are:

• Adonalsium
  • A shard
  • A returned
  • The Heralds

When you fangirl with your friends even though they have no clue and you have to be told to "breathe. [Because] fangirl hyperventilation isn't healthy."