You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

7 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you're sitting in Chemistry class and the teacher begins talking about alloys and all you can think about is Mistborn. :P:P:P

You know you're a materials science fan when you started reading Mistborn because METALS!!!!!

You know you're a Sanderfan when someone asks you to name an alloy of a metal, and you give an Allomantic alloy.

When you go to a presentation about ancient writings at your university's library and all you can think of when they bring out the metal plates with writing etched in them is "I write these words in steel, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

When you go to a presentation about ancient writings at your university's library and all you can think of when they bring out the metal plates with writing etched in them is "I write these words in steel, for anything not set in metal cannot be trusted."

When you go look up this quote on GoodReads and get annoyed that it has the wording wrong, so you ask one of the site librarians to fix it.

A storm hit just now. The early evening light had been lower than usual, even considering that this morning was the first with frost on the car windows. I was finding my track lighting unsatisfactory, and so I opened the blinds. There's nothing in the lower half of the window - just the metal window well. I can see purple and yellow flowers and lots of bushes, but I have a clear view to the street when a car isn't parked on the driveway.

With the blinds parallel to the ground, I saw that the sky was a lovely warm gray, the kind that signals rain must be coming. The air conditioner is on constantly down in the basement, making the entire thing an icebox, but I imagined it was warm. There was more light than you might expect, cloud cover notwithstanding, and no shadows seemed to exist. Just light. Growing trees with copious supplies of barely-orange fall leaves were glowing and swaying in the strengthening wind. It was the kind of weather you wish would stay.

The wind began to blow harder, making the delicate flowers with their heavy blooms and thin stalks dance wildly. A few of the weaker leaves on the trees snapped off and traveled east along the road, joining more leaves as they passed more trees. The flowers were suddenly flattened by a gust of wind I couldn't help but imagine as playful, in a giant puppy dog sort of way. I think the wind did more damage than it meant to. A few plastic chairs were blown over, but the wind definitely restrained itself. In the past it has flipped over trampolines, crushed fences, and tossed entire hay bales around. As the sky darkened, splatters of rain were tossed against my window. It really needed a cleaning, as rain doesn't normally travel this close to the wall. I suppose I'm grateful it doesn't - the view might be obstructed by crem icicles before too long, but I do miss the sound of storms that surrounded me when I slept on the top floor.

All too suddenly, it was over. The puppy-dog wind found something else to distract it, and the leash of rain it had dragged away followed. The sky stayed monotonously gray, but began to lighten at the edges. Before too long, I suspect the clouds will disperse and the sky will return to its normal fall blue. Perhaps the wind was a runaway from Roshar, and perhaps it wasn't, but I swear my lights brightened as it passed.

Sorry about the size of these.

pfi.JPGpic.JPG

(Sorry, I really felt like I needed a break from calc... blah)

UPDATE:

The sky indeed did get lighter. At sunset, the sun shone through a small break in the clouds, but then it was gone. And the clouds returned. We are now in the thrall of the first fall storm - lightning, leaves, rain and all. It's been so long, I forgot how my car's windshield wipers worked. I didn't have to drive far, thankfully. However, unhappily, the wind refuses to murder the clouds and spill the sweet rain across my windows. I suppose they are too close to living plants. These don't pull in as I always expect them to.

Edited by Brightness Enna
I love you, spoiler tags. Also, update.

When you call Brock Turner a chullhat on Facebook because you can't think of a non-obscene insult degrading enough to express your disgust for him. (Warning: if you haven't heard about Turner's trial already, it's a rape case, so... trigger warning if you decide to click that Wikipedia link.)

I know double-posting is frowned upon, but it's been almost a week since my last post here, and I think you all will enjoy this one, so here goes.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you have the chance to get a free balloon animal and you ask for a "Medieval broadsword in black" so you can pretend your balloon sword is Nightblood.

6 hours ago, Sunbird said:

I know double-posting is frowned upon, but it's been almost a week since my last post here, and I think you all will enjoy this one, so here goes.

You know you're a Sanderfan when you have the chance to get a free balloon animal and you ask for a "Medieval broadsword in black" so you can pretend your balloon sword is Nightblood.

*Raises eyebrow 

8 hours ago, Sunbird said:

But it was not sheathed. I have bad news; you may need the help of the DA to survive this. >:D

Edited by Eccentric Hero

8 hours ago, Magestar said:

When you get used to doing most things one-handed, because the other hand is reserved for holding a book.

Seriously. :P  

And also because you see yourself as a Vorinist woman, obviously. :P

On 15 September 2016 at 3:21 PM, Sunbird said:

When you call Brock Turner a chullhat on Facebook because you can't think of a non-obscene insult degrading enough to express your disgust for him. (Warning: if you haven't heard about Turner's trial already, it's a rape case, so... trigger warning if you decide to click that Wikipedia link.)

Oh chullhat is mild. Crem covered void spren Chull dung storm-leavings is a little closer to what I think. :angry:

Edited by Delightful