You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Hard to paraphrase this...

I was at a cross country meet today, and I was walking with 3 friends. I've converted 2 of them. The third remarked that when he runs he can't hear other people cheering or anything, only the voices inside his head. My other friends all thought he meant talking to himself (something pretty much all runners do at times). When he clarified that it was some random voice saying stuff like "Kill" (jokingly, of course), my friends and I all started laughing and saying we should check if he's spiked. The 'spiked' friend has no idea what we meant, so he just keeps talking, and every sentence he makes we build some sort of cosmere reference about. He ended that conversation very confused, needless to say :P (This is actually a true story)

15 hours ago, Delightful said:

Unulukuak'kina'autu'atai

i can say most if it but that last apostrophe is too much. Would that be a glottal stop between u and a?

I would say the stop would be more at the beginning of the a rather than between the two vowels. I'm pronouncing all of the u's as "oo", which may or may not be correct... but it's working for me.

So here's how I'm saying it, minus emphasis because I'm too lazy to think about it: oo-noo-loo-koo-ahk-kee-na-[aow-too-[ah-tai

39 minutes ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

When you always look at Sanderson's books first thing after entering a library even though you own them all, because you feel the need to check and see how they are doing. 

Yes. And to check if there are any potential future sharders.

Today, I found out that my university has less Sanderson books that my old high school.

3 hours ago, Sunbird said:

When you find out about the amazing eyes of a mantis shrimp and your reaction is, "Whoa. Mantis shrimps are born with the Fifth Heightening!"

That made my day XD

When there's a kid at your school, and he made a badass carboard bow, and you think "it's time to make a cardboard shardblade"

The following is a true story. It is a warning to all of you. 

So, there I was reading the fourth Alcatraz book in a library. Two librarians were with me. We were eating cookies and talking about books. One (who knew I was a Sanderfan and has read many Sanderson books herself) told me I should volunteer at the library. They left the room momentarily and I realized they were trying to bring me into their cult. I asked them about it when they returned and one confirmed that it was true. The fact that they both wear horn-rimmed glasses should have given it away sooner… 

Rutabega