I am terrified of Book 5

littlemag126

No matter how bad the characters suffer, just remember: This too shall pass. When all is said and done, the characters are what their trials made them. They will be stronger than ever before, and more amazing. So, in a way, their suffering is beautiful. In a sad, make-you-tear your-hair-out kind of way.

"What doesn't kill them, will make them stronger"

"It is killing them!"

"Technicalities"

Dying is bad but Brandon could do worse than kill his characters like George did the red wedding where someone got a very "cruel head job". That was harsh, the death was ok but what they did after was too much =0

Let say Odium could not only kill Kal and cia but shred their souls in pieces like Hoid said, denying them any respite in the afterlife, or other treatment,  after all he is cosmere  big bad =)

Dying is bad but Brandon could do worse than kill his characters like George did the red wedding where someone got a very "cruel head job". That was harsh, the death was ok but what they did after was too much =0

Let say Odium could not only kill Kal and cia but shred their souls in pieces like Hoid said, denying them any respite in the afterlife, or other treatment,  after all he is cosmere  big bad =)

Very doubtful Odium is the Cosmere big bad. It's questionable if he's even the second half of Stormlight big bad. We are still in the first third of the Cosmere, after all, and revealing the actual villain so early in such an epic work is quite rare, and successful even less often.

That said, we already know that Odium can put the Heralds through an eternity of torment in Vorin Hell, so there is definitely precedent for "fates worse than death"

I think Odium is A big bad, the baddest of the individual Shards that is.

I think the big bad is the force that shattered Adonalsium. It was shattered intentionally, maybe by a group or a person or maybe something else. I think that is the big bad.

Odium right NOW are the big bad, going crazy killing other shards for the Lulz are the most "villainous" thing going on in the Cosmere, (that we know).  So until someone come and kick Hoid dog just because he can Odium as the title of Cosmere biggie party crasher =) 

For know at least =)

I think Odium is A big bad, the baddest of the individual Shards that is.

I think the big bad is the force that shattered Adonalsium. It was shattered intentionally, maybe by a group or a person or maybe something else. I think that is the big bad.

Warning: false spoilers follow:

Oh come on, we all know Hoid accidentally dropped Adonalsium at a dinner party with his friends thus granting them magical powers...

Book 5 will be all about Hoid. Just following him around as he, like, insults Highprinces and dances on graves. While he does that, there will also be the serious side, where he(I refuse to say the name of our powerful and merciless ruler)  will kill just about everyone. then revive Kaladin, since its his whole arc, and make it so Shallan or Adolin dies PERMANENTLY, and then we'll see the other grieving, and share a closer bond with Kaladin. Also, my prediction is that Elhokar will spend the entire book learning how to be a king, or a leader, while Kaladin teaches him and constantly shifts from "stormridden king" to "OMG he is like, so CUTE" or something like that.

Also, Odium might come, but he'll be unable to focus his efforts on Roshar because of something that "requires his attention". Just seems like his way of doing things.

My concern is not about the death of Kaladin, but of the potential death of Hoid. Of all the books in the cosmos he has played more of a role in this one then any others. 

Hmm... I think that the current holder of Odium might be a Dragon to a bigger force. Also, I bet there are forms of investiture that don't stem from shards. Just a guess.

It appears you might be hinting that Odium may be the dragon in the letters written by Hoid. I may be wrong, but if this is the case I find it very hard to believe. I would much sooner believe that Odium is Rayse. Which may be why Hoid says that Rayse has been captured and is a prisoner of the system he now inhibits. That system would be the world of Roshar in my opinion and Hoid was seeking help to bring him down. 

• Chaos locked this topic