cfaf2285d46c1363da8c970f97b82604.jpg

And yeah, "September" can have terrifying results when used to fuel creativity during writing. :mellow: Though I still listen to "Don't Mine at Night" when writing Backtrack scenes. :P

Really? Do you also remember the time in Portland page three where you just came in to tell us you're scarred of Funtimes? :P

I'm not involved in the RP, but I just wanted to say... Stormfather, Doctor Funtimes terrifies me. :o

Her powers are extremely bizarre, and I'm not even sure what her limitations are. She doesn't seem as bad as the others... and that just makes it all worse, because I wonder what kind of darkness she's capable of.

That said, her loving stance towards pancakes makes her welcome with the Wafflesworn any time.

I like digging out old quotes like this. :ph34r:

If you guys had said that dark fanfics were bad, I would be laughing really hard right now, since that's basically what we are.

Oh trust me, we could be so much more dark.

Aonar: how are the chances of the Azrael scene continuing?

Joe; how are the chances of Blackwave arriving anytime soon?

Edited by Edgedancer

I like digging out old quotes like this. :ph34r:

Oh trust me, we could be so much more dark.

I'm tempted to ask which other old quotes you can dig up, but I'm somewhat frightened of what I forgot I said. :mellow::P 

Yeah….Blackwave "I Made Some Poor Sap Stab Himself in the Eye Because I'm a Sicko and Wanted to Watch" and Azrael are good candidates for amping up the darkness level. 

Halfway through season one. No studying done. What has happened to me?

You're officially one of us! :P

Last year for the end of year finals I was supposed to study, ended up making about 200 Epic profiles instead. 

I'm tempted to ask which other old quotes you can dig up, but I'm somewhat frightened of what I forgot I said. :mellow::P

Yeah….Blackwave "I Made Some Poor Sap Stab Himself in the Eye Because I'm a Sicko and Wanted to Watch" and Azrael are good candidates for amping up the darkness level. 

Well, I need context to remember where to find them.

Or you know, letting Nighthound (and to a lesser extend other characters) from his author induced leash. That's all I need to cause nightmares.

Well, I need context to remember where to find them.

Or you know, letting Nighthound (and to a lesser extend other characters) from his author induced leash. That's all I need to cause nightmares.

I don't remember what I said, so we're all safe. :P:ph34r: (I don't know if anyone else has that random phobia—the fear of having said something embarrassing that you've already forgotten but no one else has?) 

He's terrifying enough on that leash. :mellow: 

Aonar: how are the chances of the Azrael scene continuing?

Continuing? Great. Getting done anytime soon? Not so much. :P (Well, it depends, I guess. All it would really take is a little under a half hour's work from the three of us, but none of us are online at the same time, so that half hour is probably going to stretch itself out over a couple weeks, at least.)

However, if things continue as they are, the after-effects of the post are probably going to start showing up before the post itself does. We could skip forwards, then fill it in afterwards, I suppose, as we do know roughly where Azrael, Nightshade and Vis will end up. Should I ask Tulir and Snoopy about it?

Azrael's not that bad. He wouldn't kill/torture indiscriminately just because he could. He would kill/torture indiscriminately if he thought there was even the slightest possible advantage to be gained by it. He's a very task oriented person, you see.  :unsure:

He's only going to amp up the darkness level if you consider making a crude caricature of another Epic from shadow, then warping it into an eldrich abomination and having that construct eat the Epic in question, all in the name of making a point, dark. ...Which, come to think of it, any sane person would. :mellow::P

I don't remember what I said, so we're all safe. :P:ph34r: (I don't know if anyone else has that random phobia—the fear of having said something embarrassing that you've already forgotten but no one else has?) 

He's terrifying enough on that leash. :mellow:

Don't worry, I'm not dragging that out to be mean.

Given that the easiest means for being "dark" is graphic violence and rape, Nighthound could deliver a lot of that, I could go into detail for describing Mary's torture chamber or alter Shiny Sparkles personality a bit, so she rapes Autumn. I'm not going to do any of that but it would be easy enough to do. :unsure: 

Continuing? Great. Getting done anytime soon? Not so much. :P (Well, it depends, I guess. All it would really take is a little under a half hour's work from the three of us, but none of us are online at the same time, so that half hour is probably going to stretch itself out over a couple weeks, at least.)

However, if things continue as they are, the after-effects of the post are probably going to start showing up before the post itself does. We could skip forwards, then fill it in afterwards, I suppose, as we do know roughly where Azrael, Nightshade and Vis will end up. Should I ask Tulir and Snoopy about it?

I kind of know that from the Destructor fight we're working on. It gets especially slow if you have to stop and plan instead of just writting.

A time skip isn't necessary yet but I think the only other scenes that need wraping up before we can jump to the next day is Bioterror's arrival and the fight with the destructors. What I'm more worried about with you talking about far reaching after-effects is that you're planning something so grand that it would be noticed and it would be kind of ended premajurely with the Metal paying a visit or something like that.

(and how exactly is Deathwish's face enveloped in earth?)

It's not quite enveloped, Terra just shoved a pillar of dirt into his face, clogging his nostrils and mouth. Once he flies away though, it'll be harder to do that.  

Don't worry, I'm not dragging that out to be mean.

I kind of know that from the Destructor fight we're working on. It gets especially slow if you have to stop and plan instead of just writting.

Yeah. And storming OP Epic's make things harder to figure out. :P I used to think the Destructors were super strong Eoics. Then I pitted them against Edge's characters. :P

It's not quite enveloped, Terra just shoved a pillar of dirt into his face, clogging his nostrils and mouth. Once he flies away though, it'll be harder to do that.  

Yeah. And storming OP Epic's make things harder to figure out. :P I used to think the Destructors were super strong Eoics. Then I pitted them against Edge's characters. :P

Ah, I see.

:ph34r: There's a reason I never intended to make Astoria a playing location. I didn't object when the topic came up but I specifically never proposed the idea so no one could complain after they realized how much of a rigged game Astoria is. Sparks, I could just end the fight in a matter of second by having the Metal call back to Mary about having dealt with the problem, then she brings him in and tada everyone on your side, except Smasher is either dead or pinned down.

Yeah that's why I nerfed Bioterror in regards to Epics, although luckily there was a handy justification for it, being able to just murder people by looking at them is a pretty handy power.

Yeah that's why I nerfed Bioterror in regards to Epics, although luckily there was a handy justification for it, being able to just murder people by looking at them is a pretty handy power.

Bioterror was even worse than the Metal is now, given that he could get by most PIs even the Metal could do nothing about appart from the whole Invulnerability bit that Steelheart got.

Bioterror was even worse than the Metal is now, given that he could get by most PIs even the Metal could do nothing about appart from the whole Invulnerability bit that Steelheart got.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on Nightwielder type intangibility either, but it depends on how exactly it works, most intagibles in game would probably be vulnerable to it.

Although thinking about it, Bioterror even as he is now would make a pretty killer combination with the Metal, the Metal can pin down pretty much anyone whatever the PI, Bioterror just needs enough time and he can kill most people even with a PI. Also they both enjoy playing music while they death-murder people :P

Yeah I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work on Nightwielder type intangibility either, but it depends on how exactly it works, most intagibles in game would probably be vulnerable to it.

Although thinking about it, Bioterror even as he is now would make a pretty killer combination with the Metal, the Metal can pin down pretty much anyone whatever the PI, Bioterror just needs enough time and he can kill most people even with a PI. Also they both enjoy playing music while they death-murder people :P

Oh, the dilemmas of physics being broken in multiple ways. How I hate love enslave study you to kill supernatural beings. :P

Newton's force direction could probably still mess them up but sure The Metal and Bioterror for BFFs and the Financer can be their Zoidberg. :P 

Somewhat unrelated question but I wonder how Steelheart's metabolism works. He can't suffocate but still eats and sleeps, so could he starve and collapse from exhaustion or is it more of a psychological need? 

Oh, the dilemmas of physics being broken in multiple ways. How I hate love enslave study you to kill supernatural beings. :P

Newton's force direction could probably still mess them up but sure The Metal and Bioterror for BFFs and the Financer can be their Zoidberg. :P

Somewhat unrelated question but I wonder how Steelheart's metabolism works. He can't suffocate but still eats and sleeps, so could he starve and collapse from exhaustion or is it more of a psychological need? 

The Trifecfta of Terror: Astoria edition?  :ph34r: 

I thought of it as being like Elantrians, he still gets hungry so he eats food but his Epic powers would continue providing him enough energy to function even if he didn't. Not sure on sleep, he could probably go insane from lack of sleep though.

The Trifecfta of Terror: Astoria edition?  :ph34r: 

I thought of it as being like Elantrians, he still gets hungry so he eats food but his Epic powers would continue providing him enough energy to function even if he didn't. Not sure on sleep, he could probably go insane from lack of sleep though.

Maybe not quite that sadistic and with better background music but sure something like that. :P

Sounds legit.

haha Des is just facing the worst opponent he could face :P

Ah, I see.

:ph34r: There's a reason I never intended to make Astoria a playing location. I didn't object when the topic came up but I specifically never proposed the idea so no one could complain after they realized how much of a rigged game Astoria is. Sparks, I could just end the fight in a matter of second by having the Metal call back to Mary about having dealt with the problem, then she brings him in and tada everyone on your side, except Smasher is either dead or pinned down.

well Hawk would just keep reincarnating, but I'm sure you would find a way to deal with him more permanently while squashing him over and over again :P

it is hilariously op hahaha 

Yeah, given Steelheart's power levels, I doubt he would be able to starve either. And if he is trapped he could probably sleep eventually, depends where he is. Issue is trapping him somewhere.

haha Des is just facing the worst opponent he could face :P

well Hawk would just keep reincarnating, but I'm sure you would find a way to deal with him more permanently while squashing him over and over again :P

it is hilariously op hahaha 

Yeah, given Steelheart's power levels, I doubt he would be able to starve either. And if he is trapped he could probably sleep eventually, depends where he is. Issue is trapping him somewhere.

Of those present probably. Although, Winterspell could also cause him a lot of trouble.

I like to call that option "Mary manipulating his bloodstream to induce an artifical coma." It's diabolical, really.

Personally, I like to consider the Metal as the pinacle of raw physical strenght.

Pretty sure, he could just blow up every prision you put him in.