"Keep your hands to yourself...oops, you don't have hands anymore. My bad."

(Thanks. ^_^)

Um, wouldn't that chop Funtimes' hands off instead? 

042116f224d629d6b2c128c3d2ffe467.png

Don't bring out those cakes and balloons just yet, Questionairres. He's still alive. -_-:P

I see you went with taking out the horn.  :ph34r:  :P

Before I write the next Florist post, can someone quickly give me the run down on the powers in Freq's crew?

Blitz: Lightning Epic, can shoot bolts of Electricity from his hands or summon a bolt of lightning from the sky.

Canis: Speed Epic, capable of high speed movement and combat. Can trace people through their blood if he has ever touched it, up to a distance of approximately 100km. Speed <150 mph.

Terraform: Geokinesis, can manipulate fine dirt, has trouble with anything too solid. (Faultlines first power)

Plus Freq and Impact.

I'm just gonna repost this in case you missed it, it was at the bottom. And darn, I'm proud of my back story! Haha :P

"And i changed his weakness a while ago to be just christian crosses.

That is his weakness because he fears being wrong about God, subconsciously. He lost his faith and renounced his pastorship after his wife was raped and killed in front of him years ago. The guys who did it got off, so he lost his faith in law and order as well, and his already libertarian views became a more extreme anarchist, anti-statist philosophy. He had a psychotic break, and hunted down and killed the perpetrators, and then killed the judge and every jury member that had acquitted them.

He was arrested and sentenced to death, but then Calamity rose, and a year later, he manifested powers on the eve of his execution. He chose to have the warden and prison guards as his "last meal", and he has eaten nothing but human since. He ghoulified the prisoners and led a prison break, destroying much of the small town he had been held in.

But subconsciously, he is scared of retribution. If god existed, he would be punished for what he has done, and crosses remind him of this. His MO plays into this- he often avoids being identified for long, shifting into a different face all the time, playing hide and seek in every new location. If no-one cam find him, even god, he can't be punished, he can't face judgment, in a way. This is also subconscious."

And i changed his weakness a while ago to be just christian crosses.

That is his weakness because he fears being wrong about God, subconsciously. He lost his faith and renounced his pastorship after his wife was raped and killed in front of him years ago. The guys who did it got off, so he lost his faith in law and order as well, and his already libertarian views became a more extreme anarchist, anti-statist philosophy. He had a psychotic break, and hunted down and killed the perpetrators, and then killed the judge and every jury member that had acquitted them.

He was arrested and sentenced to death, but then Calamity rose, and a year later, he manifested powers on the eve of his execution. He chose to have the warden and prison guards as his "last meal", and he has eaten nothing but human since. He ghoulified the prisoners and led a prison break, destroying much of the small town he had been held in.

But subconsciously, he is scared of retribution. If god existed, he would be punished for what he has done, and crosses remind him of this. His MO plays into this- he often avoids being identified for long, shifting into a different face all the time, playing hide and seek in every new location. If no-one cam find him, even god, he can't be punished, he can't face judgment, in a way. This is also subconscious.

Apart from the fact how nightmarish this is and that it ended in the creation of a monster I really like this as a weakness root. It shows nicely, in my opinion, that Epic weaknesses are really more about trauma then just fear or "facing" said fear, which has lead to a lot of over simplification.

Spoiler

d2366fcda76225596934b402c2a12f03.png

That's what I'll be looking at soon. Well—it's what I looked at just now, but I'll be looking at it again in a few posts or so. :P

Restore 7 hidden posts. :blink: He's hidding in our midst, we are cursed! Flee, flee and be reduced to zero, for that is all that can safe your soul! :blink:

(How did no one else catch this? :P )

042116f224d629d6b2c128c3d2ffe467.png

Don't bring out those cakes and balloons just yet, Questionairres. He's still alive. -_-:P

Well, you could have smashed your head into the stone masses that must have moved towards you pretty fast to hurt the Epic trying to suffocate you but I guess Arsenal maybe should hurry up and send Shiny Sparkle as back-up. :P

Her weapon of choice is acid, though. How would that interact with his PI?

It's skin damage, so I see no reason how it wouldn't be reflected. Don't underestimate the man that could kill Obliteration!

Now, of to finaly write that Kenshin post. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

Apart from the fact how nightmarish this is and that it ended in the creation of a monster I really like this as a weakness root. It shows nicely, in my opinion, that Epic weaknesses are really more about trauma then just fear or "facing" said fear, which has lead to a lot of over simplification.

thanks! :D

I was worried it was too abstract, but the human mind and fear are abstract things sometimes.

It follows the contradictory behavior of epics- they are both fearful, but exceedingly arrogant. If Iconoclast hates and has no faith in god, why fear punishment? If he is immortal and invincible, why hide? Why change his face? If he doesn't regret what he has become, why not return to his old face? But he couldn't if he wanted to.

I feel bad for the guy. Well, until I remember what he did to Firefly, and the people he turned into Ghouls :P

It's skin damage, so I see no reason how it wouldn't be reflected. Don't underestimate the man that could kill Obliteration!

Now, of to finaly write that Kenshin post. :ph34r:

wasn't it drawing blood though? Maybe I just remember it wrong, but I remember blood being involved. Acid wouldn't really "draw blood", would it? More like dissolve skin, dissolve blood, etc. I guess it could count though.

thanks! :D

I was worried it was too abstract, but the human mind and fear are abstract things sometimes.

It follows the contradictory behavior of epics- they are both fearful, but exceedingly arrogant. If Iconoclast hates and has no faith in god, why fear punishment? If he is immortal and invincible, why hide? Why change his face? If he doesn't regret what he has become, why not return to his old face? But he couldn't if he wanted to.

I feel bad for the guy. Well, until I remember what he did to Firefly, and the people he turned into Ghouls :P

We know from Mitosis that weakness can steam from things much more complex than simply fear of one specific thing. Mitosis was traumatized and how much he hated his situation in life ate him up from the inside but point at one specific thing he was afraid of and you'll have to stretch a bit and Sourcefield shows that the trigger can also be a bit loose.

So he might be a bit of a stretch but still in the borders of what we have seen.

Concerning Deathwish, let me quote Kobold:

She'd have to be careful not to penetrate his skin--not even a little bit. If the slightest bit of skin is broken by a blow, every ounce of pain and injury of the strike will be redirected to the perpetrator.

Plus, she was planning on dissolving his entire arm, that gotta let some blood flow.

Edited by Edgedancer

Restore 7 hidden posts. :blink: He's hidding in our midst, we are cursed! Flee, flee and be reduced to zero, for that is all that can safe your soul! :blink:

(How did no one else catch this? :P )

It's okay now. The One is locked away in the old thread, and now we begin a thread with Savior Zero and his Prophet. ^_^ 

(The One has clouded their minds! :blink: No one is safe….) 

She could probably still trap him in tar or cement. I don't know if he'd be able to snap out of that—he might—but it wouldn't reflect on her. 

It's okay now. The One is locked away in the old thread, and now we begin a thread with Savior Zero and his Prophet. ^_^

(The One has clouded their minds! :blink: No one is safe….) 

She could probably still trap him in tar or cement. I don't know if he'd be able to snap out of that—he might—but it wouldn't reflect on her. 

Salvation at last!

Not sure, in whatever she turns the ground, he would have to sink in first and he can fly, so he might end up escaping before she's finished. The Kenshin post is almost done and I baked a cake, by the way.

Voidus, how does Scribbler drink her hot chocolat?

Not sure, in whatever she turns the ground, he would have to sink in first and he can fly, so he might end up escaping before she's finished. The Kenshin post is almost done and I baked a cake, by the way.

FANMADE_Applejack_eating_hat.gif

Tell me more about this cake. :ph34r: