winter devotion

war
The Parshendi War

241 posts in this topic

Ven limped around the battleground. A Parshendi had hit him with a hammer in the knee. Ven had kicked out so hard, he broke the carapace. He looked around then saw something. His metalminds. Ven grabbed them.

Edited by Venture Mistborn

Please stop writing for me, Ven. I didn't do any of that kind of thing.

Elsa smiled as she saw Lady Eris EsNaan and Maleril Tekiel elsecall into the battlefield.

"Time does not matter for this, thank you for coming to defend Newcago. It is much appreciated."

Elsa ran over to Ven and froze his wound, and pulled the dagger out. Elsa leaned over him. "Ven? Ven! Are you okay?"

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Rainspren regained consciousness, apparently the soft pillow of corpses had cushioned his fall, but he felt the pain a cracked rib and sprained ankle. Drawing a quick healing Aon to fix his injures he surveyed his surroundings. A colony of various spren darted through the chasm. One particularly strange one loitered around Rainspren.

"come here little one" Rainspren whispered to the spren holding out his hand. the spren tentatively floated over to him and rested in his palm. It was larger than most spren and glowed a radiant purple. A crown rested on its head and it wore distinct travelers robes. 

"what are you?" asked Rainspren

the spren spoke to him, not with words, but through thought. 

"A world-hopper spren" Rainspren repeated, raising an eyebrow. I though you were myths. "Oh well little one" Rainspren said lashing himself to the chasm wall "want to help me win a war?"

Edited by Surgebound Rainspren

I didn't write that, Venture! Please edit it out and write what I actually did, then your reaction to it, if anything.

Ven tapped gold, healing all of his wounds. He was tired. A Parshendi ran towards him. Ven grabbed the Parshendi and Compounded brass. The Parshendi lept away, arms smoking.

The storm continued to build. It was 97% complete.

Queen Elsa smiled and continued stabbing Parshendi. It seemed that with Witner out of their control, things were starting to look up. The Queen rode over to Winter.

"Winter. What exactly happened to you? Was it the Parshendi?"

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

Barriers formed around Winter, formed of aluminum drawn from the walls that Xanas had created. "We aren't done yet Wolf girl. Shardic influence or no you're still too dangerous to keep around." Screwloose limped towards Winter, bleeding from wounds caused by both Parshendi weapons and his own contraption. A silver stake assembled into his hand, drawing yet more blood as it secured itself into his palm. "Now hold still and i'll make this quick."

Just as Screwloose reached Winter, a hand grabbed him. Ven stood there, muscles bulging. Ven smiled. Then threw Screwloose.

Screwloose was coming towards Winter. He was saying something... no. He was trying to kill her.

A silver stake? Serriously? Winter gave a throaty laugh.

"I'm no were-wolf, little Epic." Winter said. "I'm dangerous." Winter slashed the aluminum with her claws. Aluminum was a weak metal. She broke through with ease, pewter enhanced claws strong enough. She then lunged towards Screwloose, though Ven got there faster. Venture threw him. Then Winter leapt after him, enraged. The wolf was strong enough to take over Rayse's influence, but Winter was still in control. Kinda.

The silver dragon woke up on a gory battlefield after a small nap he had taken in the middle of the war. What the sparks happened? he wondered. He looked around to see if he could glean anything from his surroundings, and saw Screwloose trying to kill Winter. The dragon let out a roar, and lept into the air, and flew towards Winter.

He landed in front of the crazed Epic. "Don't even think about killing Winter," he snarled. "If you do, I will rip your throat out, disembowel you, and then decapitate you corps." The dragon snorted out a tongue of flame into the epics face. 

Screwloose pushed himself to his feet, the last of his exoskeleton falling to pieces around him. Silver stood between his target and him. Screwloose sighed, pulling his mobile from his pocket. "I'm sorry Silver, I liked you, I really did, but I need to do this." Around Silver's Neck the communicator collar started beeping. "Thanks for remembering to keep it on." The small, but powerful, explosive hidden in the collar detonated in a cloud of flame and shrapnel.

Screwloose strode past the dragons prone form, not bothering to check if he was alive or dead. It wouldn't matter either way by the time he was finished.

Edited by Screwloose

Winter dashed towards the Silver Dragon, then wriped off her own communicator. 

Screwloose gestured and the ground around Winter glowed green and shifted, attempting to assemble around her as restraints.

I detect an impending loss of throat.

Edited by Screwloose

Winter shrugged, and tore them to pieces. She launched at Screwloose and tore out his throat. 

The blast knocked the dragon down, but failed to penetrate its diamond hard scales. Trying to kill a dragon with fire, the dragon though as it got up. Cute. The dragon changed at the rampaging epic, but turned at the last moment, putting all of the momentum of his charge into his tail strike. The blow knocked the epic down, and the dragon sprung on top of him. "Why are you trying to kill Winter?" He snarled in the face of Screwloose.

Edited by TheSilverDragon

Screwloose amost laughed. The dragon had knocked him out of winters way before she could kill him. "Why? Have you not seen how much destruction she can cause? The dark alley and all the rest might be bad but at least they can control their own power. If it wasn't for those sparking feelings holding me back I would have dealt with her before she had a chance to loose control. If she gets any more powerful I doubt anyone will be able to stop her."

"I'm not that powerful. I'm only really powerful when Odium is controlling me." Winter shuddered at that thought. She was still a wolf, she didn't want to risk shifting back.

Might as well change it back Silver, since I based my post on yours.

"That's powerful enough, especially since your powers are so unpredictable. Anyway I know when i'm beaten and i'd rather not die so I surrender. Check my top right pouch if you need help restraining me."

So for clarification, what is this war? Sorry if this is a little out of place with the rest of the posts.  :unsure:

Fighting Rayse. We get on tangents a lot, though. Right now, Screwloose, an Epic, is going on his rending. And trying to murder Winter. And failing.

--

Winter sniffed. "If you weren't such a good technical assistant, I'd tear your throat out right now." Winter Pushed on the metals Screwloose held and threw him against the wall. "Lucky me, I'm in a forgiving mood. Instead, I'll only tear up some of you for trying to kill me." Winter leaped towards him, fangs bearing at his exposed throat. She slashed his side. He wouldn't lose enough blood to be fatal. Probably. Winter then turned and leapt back towards the Parshendi, destroying ranks of them with her powers yet again.

"Ah, now I remember why I haven't killed you yet, the compliments, heh." Screwloose smiled, genuinely, as he passed out.

Fighting Rayse. We get on tangents a lot, though. Right now, Screwloose, an Epic, is going on his rending. And trying to murder Winter. And failing.

--

Winter sniffed. "If you weren't such a good technical assistant, I'd tear your throat out right now." Winter Pushed on the metals Screwloose held and threw him against the wall. "Lucky me, I'm in a forgiving mood. Instead, I'll only tear up some of you for trying to kill me." Winter leaped towards him, fangs bearing at his exposed throat. She slashed his side. He wouldn't lose enough blood to be fatal. Probably. Winter then turned and leapt back towards the Parshendi, destroying ranks of them with her powers yet again.

I see....Thanks. On behalf of the Guild of Arts, I join.

----

ChullRider lifted his 6-foot shardbrush. It was like a squid put to the end of a large stick, with inky tendrils sticking out as if they had a mind of their own. ChullRider had never gone with a traditional weapon. He had always come up with his own design and had his cryptic spren Anthem take that form. Yes, ChullRider was a powerful lightweaver indeed.  

Atop his chull, lightweaved to look like a whitespine, he lashed out with his shardbrush, commanding the tendrils to attack the terrible parshendi. He look across the Shattered Plains and saw Screwloose faint.

"Let's find out what's going on over there, shall we?" ChullRider said to his chull and Anthem.

"Yes, we may be able to catch a few parshendi on the way too!" Anthem replied happily. Using his shardbrush, ChullRider guided his chull across the plains.

Edited by ChullRider

Xanas watched as allies turned on allies, Epics Rending, and other generally distasteful things. He frowned and pulled out the control panel on the taco stand, pushing a button labeled 'Zzzzz'. He watched as the remnants of the taco shells covering everyone's feet grew micro-syringes injected aluminum and enough tranquilizer to knock out a deepshadow from Patji into their bloodstreams. The assembled group slowly fell asleep, Compounded Wakefulness slowly being wasted. "Heh, good night, sleep tight, don't let the cookies bite... or the chasmfiends, or the mistwraiths, or those ugly-crab-thing Lifeless, or anything from Patji, or a shade, or a spiked burrito, or an Inquiceratops, or that spider on Screwloose's back, or that really hungry Hoed, or, well, just don't get eaten."

Parap-shenesh-idi watched them all doze off: the strange wolf, the lucky woman, the Queen, and the other assorted warriors.  Even his fellow Listeners had dozed off.  He was lucky to be standing in a pool of caffeine when it happened; otherwise, he would have fallen asleep too!

I must not get off track, he thought to the Rhythm of Resolve.

With a determined step, he strode towards the Queen.