Your Crazy Skill

Straff Venture

Well, I mentioned this in the Lame Superpowers thread, but I have the ability to rip towel racks right out of walls without even touching them - or if I am touching them, it's only barely. Seriously. It's happened more times than I can count.

I can read really fast. I finished Way of Kings in 2.5 hours, Harry potter 5 in a little less than 1 hour 45 min. I can skim read a Harry potter book in about 50 min. I can skim read TWOK in about 1 hour 20 min. I tested my best speed a while ago, it was around 4300 words a minuite. I was actually scared that I was a freak when I was little, until my dad said he could do it too.

I can piss people off. I'm not kidding, no matter how mild-mannered or mild you are, I can have you spitting fire within an hour. It works on almost a Smedry-Talent type level.

On a side note, I can stick my feet behind my head and walk on my palms.

Brendan:

Thats just how fast I read. A combination of practice and my dad's genetics makes it that way. The Way of kings was my overall record, in 2 and a half hours. I can study English, History, Japanese, and Economics about that fast, since I'm interested in them, but math makes me read waaay more slow. Like history textbook: 3.5 hours, 850-900 pages. math textbook: 6-7 hours, 500 pages. I could probably read that textbook fast If I tried, as my speed is genetic more than anything, but I get so disinterested that I literally doze off. I can process info fairly fast, so I never stop while reading either. Unless it's math. I also refuse to capitalize the word math, too much respect. ;)

Edit: I realized I had capitalized the word math!!!!!

Edited by Yamato

Similar to me, Yamato. I read very fast, I haven't timed myself, but I think you are faster than me. It is really useful at school and other required readings, as I can get all the info very fast. But if I'm not interested my reading speed can drop to about 1 page per 5 minutes.

Cool! speed readers untie! (Goddamn it, you know what I mean). It's really great, because all the people in my classes are complaining about increased workload in 11th grade, but I actually have far LESS work, because we get way more readings.

I actually slow down waaay more than that when disinterested, I can go from 6-30 seconds reading a page i like, to 10 minutes reading a page out of a math thing, even though math books have half the text. I go from 10-15 times faster at everything to 2wice as slow at everything.

Man, I like ranting. math (CAPATALIAZING NOT ALLOWED) is fun to hate. :lol:

Well, I mentioned this in the Lame Superpowers thread, but I have the ability to rip towel racks right out of walls without even touching them - or if I am touching them, it's only barely. Seriously. It's happened more times than I can count.

Kerry's actually a bear.

Is it unique that I'm capable of losing my pen(cil) so easily?

This may not qualify as crazy, but I have a penchant and a good ability for memorization. As an example, the last week of 8th grade I got really bored and decided to start memorizing digits of pi just for the heck of it. About 5 days later and 100 digits in I decided to give up. That was ten years ago and I can still recite 25 digits at speed without pause and I can visualize a few of the other sequences.

I can read really fast. I finished Way of Kings in 2.5 hours, Harry potter 5 in a little less than 1 hour 45 min. I can skim read a Harry potter book in about 50 min. I can skim read TWOK in about 1 hour 20 min. I tested my best speed a while ago, it was around 4300 words a minuite. I was actually scared that I was a freak when I was little, until my dad said he could do it too.

I read an entire book in 15 minutes. Won 20 dollars for doing it too.

• 2 weeks later...

I dabble in speed reading but I'm no where near 4000 wpm that's some kind of superhuman talent you have there Yamato. I do well in memorisation though, I reached the Feynman point of pi back in high school, I'm in the mid 2000's now however this ability also extends to a wide range of useless facts which I bring up at every opportunity although I have no idea where I learned half of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic