Star Trek

Quiver

I ll be starting S2 later tonight. I enjoyed S1 even though there was a lot of same themes just with different dialogue. I'm hopeing to start seeing some ship battles but I don't know how this will really play out considering we have only 1 ship. DS9 was basically eye candy space sex with the Domion War. That was so cool to watch.

Ed: 5 episodes into S2. Not to bad at all. I think it helps to be able to binge watch now. I remember just being uninterested to watch back when it was on and even though I'm enjoying it I feel like I would've been bored waiting each week. The joys of Netflix..

Edited by Briar King

Yall will have to forgive me but I'm going to wind up breaking rules if no one post. It becomes to hard to edit a post after it gets to long on mobile version for me.

I'm on S2 ep 8. I believe the ship wound up in Delta Quad. I forget the Quad the worm hole in DS9 went to...Gamma maybe?? Anyway I'm wondering about Nelix. He is the local guide. Timeline wise they have been traveling for about 8 mths now. I'm wondering when the show will get to the point when he says he knows nothing about that part of space. I would think this will be brought up sometimes in S2?

Yall will have to forgive me but I'm going to wind up breaking rules if no one post. It becomes to hard to edit a post after it gets to long on mobile version for me.

I'm on S2 ep 8. I believe the ship wound up in Delta Quad. I forget the Quad the worm hole in DS9 went to...Gamma maybe?? Anyway I'm wondering about Nelix. He is the local guide. Timeline wise they have been traveling for about 8 mths now. I'm wondering when the show will get to the point when he says he knows nothing about that part of space. I would think this will be brought up sometimes in S2?

Yep, the DS9 wormhole goes to the Gamma Quadrant.

And yes, eventually they do reach a part of space where Neelix knows nothing.  There's an entire episode of him angsting about becoming useless to the crew.

Yea I figured he'd wig out. I don't particularly like his character atm. I'm only on S2 ep 16 so he still has lots of growing ahead.

Oh man there was s Godfather 3 moment in ep 15 that was fun.

I'm sure hoping Q shows up in this series. He could taunt them or help them I just want to see new Q stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on last episode of S3. Frankly S3 has sucked hardcore imo. At least it had a Q episode that was my 2nd fav Q episode to date. Civil War Q style ftw. I also really enjoyed ep 6 dealing with 2 Ferengi that were last seen sucked in a wormhole on S7 of TNG. that was a nice treat for me seeing them going back to Alpha with the same hole 20 yrs (my time) later!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually running one of those off site, but its hard because the two people I'm rping with are really storming inactive and none have read the books. So I've ended up with like.. fifteen ocs from Cosmere alone on there. Screams.

I wasn't thinking about having it be Cosmere, but we could put some in it. Just.. a Trek rp. I used to have one that was similar to Voyager (our ocs' ship was sent to another part of the galaxy and had to find their way back), but it died. Was thinking about restarting it here as it was so much fun.

NO, DO NOT LOOK AT THAT THREAD.

Though if your interested in an off-site Trek RPG, I'd suggest messaging Bort. He's a member of one. I've been meaning to join but... never got around to it.

As for an on-site Trek RPG... maybe start a thread in the RPG section and see if anyone would be interested?

Edited by Quiver

Probably wouldn't join something off-site (another account to keep up with) but who knows. I'll have to go check it out.

Maybe. I just was going to post here first and see if anyone wanted to. I'll probably put the thread up in a few days once I'm home.

Lark, this is what I said about the Star Trek RPG that I'm a member of. If you are interested, either PM me on here for more info, or check out Borderlands online.

If anyone is interested in a Star Trek PBeM roleplay, check out Star Trek: Borderlands. It's been going for nearly 20 years, and has a number of different ships and stations you can play on. Because it has been going so long though, the later Trek movies are not considered canon (ie. Romulus still exists). If you would like to know more, Google "Star Trek Borderlands" and you'll find our site.

Quiver, the invitation to join us is still there. Just go and complete the application when you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Go DS9 after then Voyager that way you stick to timeline otherwise you may hear or see spoilers.

I've stalled out on Voyager S4. I think I'm on last episode of it. S3 really blew and while S4 is lots better it's still not as cool as 1 and 2 were. I ll get back into it cause I WILL finish it.